PDA

View Full Version : Flashing

josh_g
20-05-13, 10:10
Believe it or not i have never flashed a receiver from scratch :eek:

i tried flashing my Twin this weekend but it just wont do it??? i followed the guide to the letter even used the HP format tool but it just wont pick up the flash.

i tried all USB ports on the receiver un-pluged everything part from the HDMI cable but i just dont get the 'OK' message to start the flash :confused:

i have also tried a number of USB sticks but no luck :(

Any ideas????

Larry-G
20-05-13, 10:13
The only thing i missed out of the TM flashing tutorials was the bootloader part as its not always needed and should not be needed on newer boxes, download the bootloader from www.openvix.co.uk (http://www.openvix.co.uk) and flash that first its the same process as flashing the image.

judge
20-05-13, 10:13
what's the directory structure on the USB stick?

josh_g
20-05-13, 10:17
@pheonix im on the latest Image available by online updates so do i still need to do the bootloader?

@judge the folder structure is exactly the same as stated in the guide :confused: im at a proper loss on this one??

abu baniaz
20-05-13, 10:38
If you downoad the bootloader, make sure you have the latest one 7/11/2012. It is not the one at the top (at the moment).

Larry-G
20-05-13, 10:42
if your on the latest ViX image download the image via the image manager and restore that through the image manager.

josh_g
20-05-13, 10:53
if your on the latest ViX image download the image via the image manager and restore that through the image manager.

i would like to start from scratch as im having a few niggly issues, will this give me a complete fresh install if done this way with no plugins skins ect?

Larry-G
20-05-13, 11:01
i would like to start from scratch as im having a few niggly issues, will this give me a complete fresh install if done this way with no plugins skins ect?

if you flash the image from within the image manager with a freshly downloaded image it will be from scratch. give me a second and i'll do a quick walk through.

Larry-G
20-05-13, 11:09
Blue button> ViX> Image manager.

Yellow button for downloads then green to download the image of your choice.
once the image has downloaded highlight it and press ok, you will be asked if you want to restore this image just select yes.

or if you cant download the image from the image manager, download from www.openvix.co.uk then place it on the USB stick in /imagebackups/ ( uncompressed first ) then install it from within the image manager.

josh_g
20-05-13, 11:17
cheers pheonix i will give it a try tonight and see how i get on :)

Larry-G
20-05-13, 11:21
dont forget when placing the image manually into the /imagebackups/ folder, you must keep the images name intact so it should look something like this.

( using a solo2 as a example )

/imagebackups/vusolo2-3.0.666/vuplus/( and the usual file in this folder ).

Conaxthewarrior
20-05-13, 17:12
Ive just had the same experience with ny VU+ Duo. Initially I copied the data to a verbatium 4 Gb usb stick then , tried an ancient 256mb cruzer model - the VU+ Duo found the data & the image upgrade worked without a hitch!
Hope this shines some light.

Larry-G
20-05-13, 17:26
Ive just had the same experience with ny VU+ Duo. Initially I copied the data to a verbatium 4 Gb usb stick then , tried an ancient 256mb cruzer model - the VU+ Duo found the data & the image upgrade worked without a hitch!
Hope this shines some light.

The duo's have always been a little iffy with USB sticks, even ones that have worked in the past. That said I have never had such a issue here yet with my two duo's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

josh_g
20-05-13, 19:30
dont forget when placing the image manually into the /imagebackups/ folder, you must keep the images name intact so it should look something like this.

( using a solo2 as a example )

/imagebackups/vusolo2-3.0.666/vuplus/( and the usual file in this folder ).

tried downloading it from the box and wouldnt work, so i tried the second way i have got it to start flashing the image but its getting stuck at 36% then i get an error message "timeout elapsed" :confused:

Rob van der Does
20-05-13, 22:15
tried downloading it from the box and wouldnt work, so i tried the second way i have got it to start flashing the image but its getting stuck at 36% then i get an error message "timeout elapsed" :confused:
On what build are you trying to restore? On build 666 and above you should not get that error any more.

josh_g
21-05-13, 08:41
On what build are you trying to restore? On build 666 and above you should not get that error any more.

im trying build 666, i downloaded it the from openvix.com put it on the USB as Phenonix explained and get the error at 36%

of all the things i have done with my reciver and get stuck at the most basic step... flashing :confused:

Rob van der Does
21-05-13, 08:56
im trying build 666, i downloaded it the from openvix.com put it on the USB as Phenonix explained and get the error at 36%
But is your box actually on build 666?

josh_g
21-05-13, 08:59
i believe so, if its not could that be why its not working? would i then have to flash in the way pheonix described using the image i am on?

Rob van der Does
21-05-13, 09:35
In 'Info' you can see the actual build. If it's <666 you can expect to experience the error that you get, as it's fixed in 666.

So you can do an online update, make a settings backup using the backupmanager, download the latest image, and restore that via the ImageManager. In the First Install Wizard that follows reboot, you can restore using the backup you just made.

josh_g
21-05-13, 09:43
cheers rob, i will give that a go :)

josh_g
22-05-13, 16:13
In 'Info' you can see the actual build. If it's <666 you can expect to experience the error that you get, as it's fixed in 666.

So you can do an online update, make a settings backup using the backupmanager, download the latest image, and restore that via the ImageManager. In the First Install Wizard that follows reboot, you can restore using the backup you just made.

All working now and has fixed my weird issue of after a re-boot it going into standbuy instead of turning on!!!

Larry-G
23-05-13, 00:23
All working now and has fixed my weird issue of after a re-boot it going into standbuy instead of turning on!!!

Cool and thanks for keeping us informed.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2