PDA

View Full Version : Info on the latest image for the VU+ Duo

Conaxthewarrior
19-05-13, 20:46
Hello Guys,
Just downloaded what I think is the latest image for the VU+ Duo, openvix-3.0.665-vuduo_usb, and done the usual process. When restarting the VU+ Duo, it can't seem to find any software on usb and starts up as before. (The software was unzipped before coping to the usb stick)
My reciever is not the latest version, I believe its the v1 model, should this help.
Any help much appreciated.
conaxthewarrior

zenith
19-05-13, 21:57
vus are very fussy on usb sticks.
try another one if you can get hold of one.
smaller 1gb stick should help too

thecaretaker
19-05-13, 22:43
Have you only put the 'vuplus' folder on the usb stick and not the folder windows creates when you unzip a zip file?

pooface
19-05-13, 23:05
Make sure you have removed all other usb devices before trying to flash...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

satmanbasil
20-05-13, 13:39
hi mate

before you updated the receiver do you know what version build you was on as its not up graded you can via menu... information see this.
im thinking if your last build was lower than 3.0 then your need to update the boot loader first then the new image.
and of course all the other points raised like on usb stick format first the make a folder called vuplus then inside that folder another called duo into which you put the open image file. also as mentioned if you have a usb in the rear for picons , remove this while you install your image.

Conaxthewarrior
20-05-13, 16:38
Yes, the uppermost folder id named vuplus, within that "duo" then the usual files used for image upgrading.

Conaxthewarrior
20-05-13, 16:40
Have you only put the 'vuplus' folder on the usb stick and not the folder windows creates when you unzip a zip file?

Yes, the uppermost folder id is named vuplus, within that "duo" then the usual files used for image upgrading.

Larry-G
20-05-13, 16:41
Yes, the uppermost folder id named vuplus, within that "duo" then the usual files used for image upgrading.

Try another USB stick as sometimes they can be a bit iffy when it comes to accepting USB sticks for flashing as suggested above.

The hardware revision won't matter, also when was the last time you updated the bootloader and what image is on there at the moment ?.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Conaxthewarrior
20-05-13, 17:06
Well, you hit it on the head ,Zenith! Initially I copied the data to a verbatium 4 Gb usb stick then after reading your post, tried an ancient 256 cruzer model - the VU+ Duo found the data & alls now very well thank you!
Strange that the VU+ Duo has an issue with the size of usb drive, after all a drive is a drive, just a data storage unit - might be the internal setup of the reciever limits usb recognition to 1 or 2 Gbs, like in the days of computer motherboards not recognizing hard drives of more than 1Gb...thanks anyhow and to the others who contributed

Larry-G
20-05-13, 17:30
Well, you hit it on the head ,Zenith! Initially I copied the data to a verbatium 4 Gb usb stick then after reading your post, tried an ancient 256 cruzer model - the VU+ Duo found the data & alls now very well thank you!
Strange that the VU+ Duo has an issue with the size of usb drive, after all a drive is a drive, just a data storage unit - might be the internal setup of the reciever limits usb recognition to 1 or 2 Gbs, like in the days of computer motherboards not recognizing hard drives of more than 1Gb...thanks anyhow and to the others who contributed

I always use the 2GB cruizer sticks my self and never have any issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

satmanbasil
20-05-13, 23:37
Hi

I use a sandisk 4gb on both my solo and duo with no problem always a good point to read up on the thread relating to sticks compatable.