PDA

View Full Version : Epg

roystheboy
19-05-13, 19:31
hi I have a max receiver with Vix Image on it could you please explain how I can get the EPG on this receiver hope you can help cheers take care

zenith
19-05-13, 20:33
menu/setup/system/epg make sure your settings are pointing to your usb stick or hdd whatever you have plgged in then go to crossepg/opentv providers and tick sky uk 28.2 then go to download now and should do it within a couple of mins.

roystheboy
19-05-13, 20:43
Hi thanks I dont want to record on this box could the EPG be used whithout the USB stick Installed cheers

Larry-G
19-05-13, 21:12
Hi thanks I dont want to record on this box could the EPG be used whithout the USB stick Installed cheers

Ideally the EPG should be saved to a USB stick or HDD but never the internal flash. There is a tutorial in the tutorial / guide section for setting up CrossEPG for sky uk.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Larry-G
19-05-13, 22:16
have a read of this.

Rob van der Does
20-05-13, 07:29
Ideally you would indeed use an (old, small) USB-stick for EPG, backups and logs.
However: using the box without any storage device is possible. There is a (small) risk of filling the flash in case something goes wrong with the epg.dat, so make sure to have a recent (settings) backup.

roystheboy
20-05-13, 07:34
thanks guys you have been great brilliant in fact thanks for all your help take care best regards

roystheboy
20-05-13, 08:40
Well done guys all done and working fine thanks again take care