PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] All makes of recievers may stop working ??

Trickie16
19-05-13, 15:23
Team I have a VU+duo with Sly card in for my own use with the latest Vix image, I put the sly card back into the original sly HD box to update entitlements and now it dose not work in Vu+, Original HD sly box serial number has changed and now has a D added to the end make it 11 digits not 10, so I think it may be a problem to do with the boxkey in cccam config file now not being recognised
Has any one managed to work around the problem yet as there will be a lot of useless boxes soon?
Big thanks to the team for all there hard work and support.

Larry-G
19-05-13, 15:32
as there will be a lot of useless boxes soon?
Big thanks to the team for all there hard work and support.

Just because third party receivers may not be able to work with sky uk cards soon wont ever mean they will become useless, there are a lot more satellites up there with content on that you can receive from the uk other than sky uk.

Mr. Mister
19-05-13, 15:33
Its has been pretty well documented over the last few weeks that you should NOT put your card in original sky box to update..

Now you have seen the consequences..

Nothing can be done at the moment.. As far as i am aware.. To make your card work in your Duo again.. But im sure there will be a fix in the future..

Trickie16
19-05-13, 15:38
Thanks Pheonix yes see your point, do you know of any work around as yet as I did not what to give sky any more money for a new box as my HD box, has my current one has a fault.

Trickie16
19-05-13, 15:54
I have heard that sky have stopped sending out entitlements over the air unless you send them the information they are asking for and that needs to be a up to date sky box showing the D in the serial no and version no etc so every one will come to this point sooner or later ???

shuggy
19-05-13, 16:34
i was about to buy a vu duo too, so is it worthwhile even buying 1 now ??? or should i go for a really cheap thing just in case ???

Mad Hatter
19-05-13, 16:40
I have heard that sky have stopped sending out entitlements over the air unless you send them the information they are asking for and that needs to be a up to date sky box showing the D in the serial no and version no etc so every one will come to this point sooner or later ???

Source??

I highly doubt they would do something like this for a 10M subscriber base.

duoduo
19-05-13, 16:49
Considering the amount of money they are losing due to cs why wouldn't they? Im not sticking up for sky because i think it's a liberty what they charge to watch sub changes however at the end of the day they are losing income whilst others are making money from illegal selling of Sky services.

Sicilian
19-05-13, 16:50
Thread closed before it turns into a why this, why that, heard this, what if this type thread.