PDA

View Full Version : Remote control not working

Eiji
17-05-13, 21:54
I was having problems with wireless on Vix 3.0.665 so just flashed Vix 3.0.656 and when it gets to the video input selection screen, I can't choose anything, it just keeps changing video inputs every 20 seconds although a picture remains all the time.

I haven't had any problems with the Solo 2 since having it from January.

How can I fix this remote problem? I do have a plasma TV, the same one but it hasn't caused any problems before.

Thanks.

Larry-G
17-05-13, 21:57
I was having problems with wireless on Vix 3.0.665 so just flashed Vix 3.0.656 and when it gets to the video input selection screen, I can't choose anything, it just keeps changing video inputs every 20 seconds although a picture remains all the time.

I haven't had any problems with the Solo 2 since having it from January.

How can I fix this remote problem? I do have a plasma TV, the same one but it hasn't caused any problems before.

Thanks.

Does the light on the VFD ( receiver ) blink when you press buttons on the remote ?.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Eiji
17-05-13, 22:09
Does the light on the VFD ( receiver ) blink when you press buttons on the remote ?.

Is it the blue power light that should blink? Nothing is flashing on the box at all when I press any button on the remote, only the top left button on the remote itself is flashing red with button presses. I also just put new batteries into the remote and the box is in the same position as it has always been, under the TV. Still not working :(

judge
17-05-13, 22:17
did you ever change the remote control code from default by any chance?

Eiji
17-05-13, 22:22
did you ever change the remote control code from default by any chance?

In the settings? I think I did about 2 months ago but have been updating the image via the online update on the box only with no problems but last update killed the wireless on the box so I wanted to rollback to previous image (665 > 656) and when I did via USB stick flash, the remote stopped working.

Is there a way to fix this?

judge
17-05-13, 22:27
sounds like you need to reset the remote to default code so.
I don't have my solo2 plugged in at the moment, but from memory (and could be wrong, so try it & let us know) I'm sure someone else will jump in with the correct procedure if wrong.

Long press 2 & 7 at the same time. Led on the remote will light up.
Press help, then 0002.

satmanbasil
17-05-13, 22:33
Hi

I had what seems the same problem with my duo recently when i loaded a new image via usb when the screen came to setup the remote didnt respond to enable me to select hdmi instead it proceeded to scroll through all the other sections scart etc. Took about 3-4 attemps to flash the image before the remote responded again.
After that at random times the remote failed to work again resulting in me having to reboot by the rear switch to clear the problem. in the end i sent my stb away to be checked, since its return the remote has worked 100% no problem.

Eiji
17-05-13, 22:43
sounds like you need to reset the remote to default code so.
I don't have my solo2 plugged in at the moment, but from memory (and could be wrong, so try it & let us know) I'm sure someone else will jump in with the correct procedure if wrong.

Long press 2 & 7 at the same time. Led on the remote will light up.
Press help, then 0002.

Thanks, that worked! :thumbsup:

Larry-G
17-05-13, 22:47
In the settings? I think I did about 2 months ago but have been updating the image via the online update on the box only with no problems but last update killed the wireless on the box so I wanted to rollback to previous image (665 > 656) and when I did via USB stick flash, the remote stopped working.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thats because a online update just updates your existing image retaining your personal settings etc, a reflash with a clean image resets every thing back to stock as you no doubt now know.

Rob van der Does
18-05-13, 07:37
Does the light on the VFD ( receiver ) blink when you press buttons on the remote?
Should it? It never does nor ever did on mine.

Larry-G
18-05-13, 09:09
Should it? It never does nor ever did on mine.

cant be sure about the solo2 as i have never really taken much notice but i know it does on the duo's etc.