PDA

View Full Version : duo stuck on loading

clem58
17-05-13, 19:00
I was tinkering with the tv guide last night, just moving things around and deleting things i didn't want. This morning it took an hour for the box to start and at the min we been waiting over ten mins and as yet it still hasn't loaded. While i'm in the middle this txt the box loaded up, can i do anything to prevent it happening in future, (short of formatting).
Can someone help sort it ?

Thanks in advance for replies. :confused:

judge
17-05-13, 19:10
really impossible to any without more detail.
Image & build number for a start.
Did it eventually boot?
have you any debug or crash logs?
the more detail the better...

clem58
17-05-13, 20:42
vix 3.0 .

How do locate the build number? i can forward the crash logs unless there is specific info that is needed. its difficult at the min cus the kids viewing at the mo. but if you can give me a list of what's needed and how to find it , i will do my best. Thanks for your reply :)

judge
17-05-13, 21:04
Menu -> Information -> About will show you the build number & whenever reporting any issue should really be included.
If the box has crashed, crash logs by default will be generated in /home/root/logs/
If it isn't crashing but is slowing down, enable debug logs, Menu -> Setup -> System -> Logs -> Settings.
This might give an idea as to why.

clem58
18-05-13, 03:49
Issue seems to be resolved, i removed plugins that wasn't being used, cleaned up the tv guide by deleting unecessery bouquets as well as cleaned up the hdd. whether this help or was a coincidence i don't know. Though there is one issue i wasn''t aware of. When the box is started first thing in the morning, it takes on average 10 mins to load up. Is it possible to make start up quicker? Thankyou for your assistance, its really appreciated.:thumbsup:

I will follow the steps you gave me and hopefully post results later to day.

judge
18-05-13, 09:12
It really shouldn't take 10 minutes.
Are you comfortable with reflashing & starting it again from scratch?