PDA

View Full Version : Reflash vu duo

duoduo
17-05-13, 18:27
After experiencing a few minor issues with a new skin, it has been suggested that i do a complete new flash. I haven't done this before and as you would imagine feel anxious about messing my box up. All i can find by searching other posts is how to flash from scratch. I have the most recent image on my box at present. What i want to ask is there a sticky on where to start when you already have your box setup but need to reflash? Do you need to do factory reset then start all over. I have a good idea where certain things would go back but not everything. Would i make lots of seperate backups i.e. Satellites, cccam, settings, plugins etc etc or full backup of everything? how do you put them back on the box in the correct order using dcc?

Sorry for all the questions, as i say i don't want to mess the box up. Thank you for any answers/advice anyone can offer.

Larry-G
17-05-13, 18:29
This tutorial will show you how to flash the receiver.

you can get the image and cams from www.openvix.co.uk

no need to backup channel settings as you can download them directly from within the image feeds or just use ABM from within the image, all you need to do is backup your timers and autotimers.xml files from /etc/enigma2/ and your Cam config files from /etc/ ( assuming your using CCcam )

duoduo
17-05-13, 18:32
Thanks phoenix, this is if you already have it installed and need to reflash then?

duoduo
17-05-13, 18:36
Do i need to factory reset or just simply follow your instructions? Great tutorial by the way thanks

roy0110
17-05-13, 18:45
no need to factory reset.
just flash latest vix image for your duo then put on channelists etc or backups you may have saved on usb or hdd

Larry-G
17-05-13, 21:52
Thanks phoenix, this is if you already have it installed and need to reflash then?

That tutorial explains how to flash the receiver from a USB stick with a new image. And no you dont need to factory reset first or at any time for that matter.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

duoduo
17-05-13, 22:00
im on it now mate, dont want to speak too soon so wont say how its going

duoduo
18-05-13, 08:30
Flash went well, no longer a virgin lol. I have set the box pretty much to how it was before but just one thing i can't remember to do, can someone tell me how do i replace normal sd channels with hd so on epg channels 101-105 all show the hd version.

Thanks for your help guys

Larry-G
18-05-13, 09:07
Flash went well, no longer a virgin lol. I have set the box pretty much to how it was before but just one thing i can't remember to do, can someone tell me how do i replace normal sd channels with hd so on epg channels 101-105 all show the hd version.

Thanks for your help guys

Congrats on your first full reflash. as for the HD channels, what bouquet are you using or is it ABM ??.

chaser
18-05-13, 09:13
Assume you're using ABM.

Menu/Setup/Service searching/AutobouqetsMaker

Press the Menu button on your remote to bring up the config menu
Select the Configure option and change Setup mode to expert
Go back to Providers and change your provider to yes and you'll see some options
Change the swap channels option to yes

duoduo
18-05-13, 09:31
Thanks for the instructions chaser, it has worked for all tge sky channels but not for 101-105, any ideas? Using. ABM

Larry-G
18-05-13, 09:34
check and make sure that your providers order is set so sky uk is at the top.

duoduo
18-05-13, 09:57
it is in providers order but not in providers, don't know how to change it phoenix

Larry-G
18-05-13, 09:59
do you have regions set for both sky and freesat ? as you need both to generate the full bouquet.

duoduo
18-05-13, 10:09
I did have, just removed freesat to see if that made any difference but it hasn't

duoduo
18-05-13, 10:18
Just run abm scan again and it is now up and running, thank you Phoenix

Larry-G
18-05-13, 10:22
no worries buddy, I'm glad you'r sorted.