PDA

View Full Version : Battery charging problems...new battery?

olly
16-05-13, 19:46
Hi all,i am using windows vista,and recently my dell laptop battery would not charge at all,so i purchased a new battery (non dell) and initially would charge but was intermittent when i plugged power cable in when it would decide to charge.

The charger is fine,as its keeping the laptop going and symbol states its also plugged in.

Now i cannot get the new battery to charge, even after letting the power die on the battery,3rd time since purchased,after initial full charge the first time??
Can this be overcome by some settings,or do you think it maybe a hardware issue

navmanl200
16-05-13, 22:17
Some Dell laptops have 'issues' with a faulty power connector, (i repair a lot of laptops, and see this often) they appear to be charging the battery but in fact they are not, they infact in reality struggle to maintain a connection for the power at all, it's unlikely that a battery that new would die that quickly. my experience says the power connector ( the bit you plug the power plug INTO on the laptop) it's a tricky repair and not one i will undertake, you require a hot air gun and a very steady hand, so as not to damage the motherboard!

olly
17-05-13, 11:16
Hi,navman,i always get power from the adaptor to laptop,as it always powers on even if battery is removed,but like you sayit just hit and miss moreso now with it charging the battery.
Do you think its the problem you say,with the connector to the motherboard,as i am willing to take a look? is it a dry joint,or has something usually come loose/detatched.

Thanks Olly