PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Issue with Autotimer Settings on Record Button in EPG

dfdream
16-05-13, 19:39
Don't know if its meant to be this way or not or if its mentioned elsewhere.

The issue I see is when Im in EPG and press the Red Record button and choose Autotimer.

The autotimer scan runs OK but the new entry in Autotimer has no timespan or date set so it records every program on the chosen channel it finds.

VU DUO with VIX 3.0 v665

Sicilian
16-05-13, 19:45
Blue button is for Autotimer in EPG screen. Just tested and looks ok here.

mickyblueys
16-05-13, 19:51
Don't know if its meant to be this way or not or if its mentioned elsewhere.

The issue I see is when Im in EPG and press the Red Record button and choose Autotimer.

The autotimer scan runs OK but the new entry in Autotimer has no timespan or date set so it records every program on the chosen channel it finds.

VU DUO with VIX 3.0 v665

You need to setup your default auto timer settings, for this feature to work different ways.
Go in to menu-timers-auto timers
Press the menu button and then select "edit new timer defaults"

Then every time you select the auto timer feature through epg highlight and red record button, these defaults will be loaded.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Rob van der Does
17-05-13, 07:22
Blue button is for Autotimer in EPG screen. Just tested and looks ok here.
But this topic is about the 'Rec'-button (and the choose AT).

dfdream
17-05-13, 08:10
Thanks mickyblueys, I will try that later.
I had assumed that the record button - Autotimer option would have chosen the same options that are set by default as in the Blue Button Autotimer.

Ta

You need to setup your default auto timer settings, for this feature to work different ways.
Go in to menu-timers-auto timers
Press the menu button and then select "edit new timer defaults"

Then every time you select the auto timer feature through epg highlight and red record button, these defaults will be loaded.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Rob van der Does
17-05-13, 08:23
I had assumed that the record button - Autotimer option would have chosen the same options that are set by default as in the Blue Button Autotimer.
Correct: that should indeed be the case.

andyblac
17-05-13, 09:41
Thanks mickyblueys, I will try that later.

Ta

no, it uses the proper defaults, of AutoTimer.

dfdream
17-05-13, 17:20
Andy is this the settings I need to edit.

If yes should there not be a setting in here for timespan (programs time * or - a few hours)
Also for the day I expected a current day or every day option.

andyblac
20-05-13, 16:41
Andy is this the settings I need to edit.

If yes should there not be a setting in here for timespan (programs time * or - a few hours)
Also for the day I expected a current day or every day option.

not quite, timespan is defaulted there yes, ingore the time as that will be filled from the epg, 1hour before and 1 hour after (hardcoded), if you only want it to check a certain day you will have to edit the newly created autotimer, and add a filter to only check the days you wish.

highlight the AutoTimer in overview, press OK to edit it, press YELLOW to edit FILTERS, enable the filter, change the filer type to 'on Weekday' press BLUE to add new day (choose INCLUDE), then change the day to suit. GREEN to save, GREEN again to save. then GREEN to re-run.

dfdream
20-05-13, 18:24
Thanks Andy
If the day is important then I suppose the blue button in epg for auto timer is the best option.

andyblac
20-05-13, 21:19
Thanks Andy
If the day is important then I suppose the blue button in epg for auto timer is the best option.

yup, and why we have both options available.