PDA

View Full Version : Smallest E2 Sat Receiver

chaser
15-05-13, 20:24
I'm not sure that such a thing exists, so looking for a bit of help to find the best alternative solution. I'm trying to find a small open source E2 sat receiver that I can hide behind a wall mounted (swivel bracket) TV - similar to the closed source Ariva 102 Mini. Ideally it would be able to run the ViX image, and would come with an external IR sensor which I can take around to the front of the TV (I know I could use an iPhone app to change channels, but would prefer to use a normal remote).

A single tuner would suffice, but dual tuner would be better. The ability to add a HDD (either internally or externally) for recording / live pause would also be nice.

I was thinking about modifying my MaxDigital XP1000 to bring out the remote sensor, and putting that at the back of the TV - but that box is possibly a bit on the large side. I even briefly considered modifying my Solo2, but it's even larger, and in any case, I just couldn't bring myself to hacking into such a nice box.

As a refinement of the above, I was also considering removing the integrated DVD player from the TV in question, and putting the E2 receiver circuit board into the space that I freed up. Obviously, the circuit board would need to be small enough to fit the space, and I'd need to get adequate cooling to the board, but it could be a nice tidy solution if it all fitted.

Views and thoughts welcome...