PDA

View Full Version : Problem updating CrossEPG, help required

Se7en
15-05-13, 18:13
Hello all, had my nice new VU+ DUO box for two weeks now, set up everything correctly, I have all my CrossEPG update info going to a USB flash drive. Here is my problem, the latest updates worked for two weeks but now when I click download now it reads all the channels and titles fine, parses titles fine however it crashes every single time at the Parsing summaries stage, the 13.42MB update completes and then crashes? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Larry-G
15-05-13, 18:15
a crash would generate crashlogs, please send those to us from the built in logs manager in the image.

mickyblueys
15-05-13, 18:19
You could try to delete you're epg.dat file from the usb through ftp to box. But firstly remember to place enigma to sleep by the telnet command: init 4

Then try to download epg again.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Se7en
15-05-13, 18:45
Excuse my ignorance but I am a technophobe, I follow guides superbly and once I have done something once I don't forget, however some of the above things I don't fully understand. I am searching the menu settings for the crash logs to little effect and mickeyblueeyes I feel the cool breeze of something whizzing over the top of my head. I do apologise.

Larry-G
15-05-13, 18:53
Menu> System> Setup> Logs.

enter your forum username and a email address then send them to us.

If your EPG is saved to the USB stick power the receiver down fully.
remove the USB stick and place it into a PC then delete the EPG.dat file.
Place the Stick back into the receiver and boot it back up.

now try the EPG download again.

if the EPG is saved to the HDD you will need to start a telnet session in order to place Enigma to sleep before deleting the EPG.DAT file.

Se7en
15-05-13, 19:05
Thanks very much, the other half has her soaps on record as soon as they have finished I will give the above fix a bash. Give me an hour or so and I will get back to you with my results/ my EPG is saved to a USB drive..... Thankfully.

Se7en
15-05-13, 20:36
Deleted the epg.dat file after booting down the box and removing the stick first, placed the stick back in, attempted to download epg again and I still have the exact same problem

Larry-G
15-05-13, 20:46
check your mount points are correct

blue button > ViX> mounts

mickyblueys
15-05-13, 20:46
What build number of vix are you running?
You could try and update image if you are not on the latest, which I think it's 665

Se7en
15-05-13, 20:50
I don't have that option via the blue button

mickyblueys
15-05-13, 20:54
if pressing blue button doesn't give the option to choose vix then mount manager, I suggest your installation could be corrupted, possibly

garyblas
15-05-13, 21:06
had this problem in the past myself and it was my bouquet. some of the channels in bouquet had moved or no longer transmitted so crossepg got stuck.
If your using ABM should not be issue then