PDA

View Full Version : new own please help tuning info etc etc (lots help needed)

JIZZSTER
06-10-10, 13:53
Hi i already have a motorised dish set up. I am wanting to scan in sats / channels on my vu+. Im a little onfused after reading everything. Do i need to put in long and lat and it sweeps for me auto?
how do i start this proceedure?
Also can get long and last but see east north west etc whats that?
can i manually tune the dish like my old technomate has it ability to move the dish for fine tuning etc

Also I have added a test c line into DCC (fpt file) and know im connected but channels not clearing ??

plug ins youtube getting a green screen and not correct software any info

sorry a lot but im totally lost and feel like throwing it against the wall lol

thanks

grtmoby
06-10-10, 15:12
long and lat are need only if using usals for diseqc it is not of any importance.
to start setting, menu>setup>service searching>positioner setup
lng and lat are defined with two numbers that when cross together gives your location. the earth is divided into 360 lines vertical and horizontal and these are the longitude and latitude.
yes u can manually tune the dish and this can be seen after getting into the positioner setup screen
just t confirm, u need to install CCcam and then start it. have u saved ur cline in CCcam.cfg and u have to ftp the file into /etc and then all should be ok

what image are u using?

JIZZSTER
06-10-10, 15:24
vix thanks for help think at least scanning sats now looking good

just trying get this cline to work still no joy

JIZZSTER
06-10-10, 15:25
looks like my fpt keeps disconnecting , is this due to me playing with system do you think ?

grtmoby
06-10-10, 15:25
have u created a config file and ftp it to the correct place

JIZZSTER
06-10-10, 16:21
think so followed instructions know my net is ok but my ftp keeps disconnecting

Sh0t2bts
07-10-10, 00:10
Have you tried \\ipaddress\ into My Computer and access your receiver via a UNC path? for me this works I then map the Configuration Folder to a Driver Letter and Map my hard drive to another Driver Letter.

To copy the files then I Just drag and Drop like any other windows folder

tomthebomb1968
07-10-10, 01:39
Your probably loosing connection with DCC because you have not entered correct password. Leave password blank and see if it connects. If it does then and you get in set your own password. Click on the telnet tab in DCC and type "passwd" You will be prompted to enter a new password. Type it in(you wont see anything on screen) and hit enter. Yoi may be asked to verify it ,if so just retype your chosen password and hit enter again. You should be abe to get into DCC ok now to do your FTPing.

Also rather than scanning in all your satellites you can FTP ready made lists straight to your box using DreamboxEdit.