PDA

View Full Version : Are there a discrete power off- and on-buttons for this box?

bertybassett
15-05-13, 16:18
by this I mean not a power toggle but a discrete on and off power switch like my Vu+ Duo has. I want it use it with my Harmony remote and deives always work better with discrete on/off power on the Harmony.

Also the Harmony remote feels a little sluggish compared to the orignal remote. i.e. on the Harmony I press up three times and the TV goes up pause up pause up whereas the orginal remote goes up, up, up (very fast, no delays). Is there a setting on the harmony remote I can change to help with this?

In advance cheers.

Rob van der Does
15-05-13, 17:06
Also the Harmony remote feels a little sluggish compared to the orignal remote. i.e. on the Harmony I press up three times and the TV goes up pause up pause up whereas the orginal remote goes up, up, up (very fast, no delays). Is there a setting on the harmony remote I can change to help with this?
You have adapted the timings in the Harmony software? You should if you experience this.

bertybassett
15-05-13, 18:51
not yet. Was up last night until 4.30 am getting the image on the box working as I'd like and setup with recording to my Synology NAS using NFS shares.

Harmony remote testing tonight.

bertybassett
15-05-13, 20:44
changing the delay in ms to Zero within the Harmony program setting fixed the sluggish remote and now it performs just like the original remote

bertybassett
16-05-13, 10:39
noticed the box will not shutdown when on the graphcial EGP screen. Why is this? Wil now have to program my harmony's power button as

Exit
Power toggle
Exit

to fix this problem.

Rob van der Does
16-05-13, 10:54
noticed the box will not shutdown when on the graphcial EGP screen. Why is this? Wil now have to program my harmony's power button as

Exit
Power toggle
Exit

to fix this problem.
That's default behaviour: only when in default screen a powertoggle is accepted.

For my Harmony's I added even more commands to the stop-cyclus:
Exit
Stop
Exit
Exit
Power toggle

That way the powertoggle also stops playback, as well as closing multiple screens.

bertybassett
02-06-13, 17:48
lol, know I cant be the only person to think of such a mad way for powering down.

hifial
02-06-13, 18:52
I'm using a modified keymap on my duo to have discreet power on/off I changed the volume up and down buttons to the on/off commands. I have a max box now as well so i'll give it ago and let you know how I get on. The only thing you have to FTP the keymap back to the box after an update. How are you do it on the duo without modding the keymap ? I'm using a harmony also

bertybassett
15-06-13, 10:51
any news on a permeant fix via hacking the keymap?

Rob van der Does
15-06-13, 11:18
any news on a permeant fix via hacking the keymap?
What kind of 'fix' do you suggest?

hifial
15-06-13, 14:19
Sorry been busy I'll try it over the weekend and let you know how it goes

hifial
22-06-13, 22:56
I tried the Keymap I modified for my duo & it works with the Max Xp1000 It changes the functions of the Volume buttons to Vol Up (power On) Vol down (power Off)

Just simply replace the Keymap.xml (/usr/share/enigma2) with the new one

I've sent you a PM with a Link

Rob van der Does
23-06-13, 00:02
But of course this is not a permanent solution, as the volume keys are lost. And for most (all?) STB's there are no spare keys, so we won't be able to implement this.

hifial
23-06-13, 07:12
Yeah but for the small amount of people that need this feature this is a handy fix

hifial
23-06-13, 07:22
Also the discreet codes don't wake the box up from deep standby so when creating the power On command on the harmony you have to add power toggle & discreet power on

I have been thinking about normal standby how much power does this save? As so much is still running it just turns off the video out so is it worth it?

I set a timer to deep standby the box every night

Rob van der Does
23-06-13, 07:30
Discrete powerbuttons is what we all would like to have. Unfortunately the manufacturers have decided we don't get them.

And what you do is indeed a personal solution, that we can't embed in the image.
Be aware that on updates you'll have to patch your file again.

bertybassett
08-09-13, 09:45
thanks for the help with this hack. Yes I understand it will need to be reapplied every time I update the image but really that will only be once ever 6 or 7 months.