PDA

View Full Version : Anyone experiencing random shut downs since new software update?

gordyboy
14-05-13, 22:14
As per title. Just curious.

Rob van der Does
14-05-13, 22:28
Sounds like the beginning of the end of your DUO (capacitor C807 problem).

stevesom
15-05-13, 12:31
I was the duo would just reboot and then the epg would disappear i have gone back to ver 3 bulid 558 and seems to be ok now maybe my cap ia on the way out as well

judge
15-05-13, 12:33
a debug log might help in tracking the issue down for you.

gsingh
15-05-13, 14:12
@gordyboy, @stevesom - this was happening to me very often! It was so annoying and I tried everything - telnet, rs232 flash, changed c807, flashed various images, installed a new cooler fan on top of the cpu heatsink until recently I tracked down the problem.

The problem seems to be from the power supply unit. The connector from the psu to the actual motherboard seems to become loose every now and then for some strange reason (for me, I used to move the box room to room on some days so maybe moved inside). Anyway pushing the connector on the psu side firmly and making sure it is straight as mine was slightly bent seemed to do the trick. I dont think you can take the actual connector on psu side out, was pretty firm so I did not want to risk damage. So just give it a firm push and try and run the box. Can also try pushing the connector further down obviously not too much on the motherboard side. I am 99% sure that the cause to random reboots is this and it worked in my case. I am now random reboot free for many days. Do report back.

stevesom
16-05-13, 09:42
Cheers gsingh i will have a look at that i have updated to the newest version and will see how it goes. And if anyone can recommend somebody near cardiff who can replace my cap that would be appreciated.

stevesom
23-05-13, 21:42
Just an update im on the latest vix 3 ver 668 and not having any problems with my duo shutting down and restarting nice and stable.:thumbsup:

gji25
28-05-13, 14:41
dont forget to unplug the box when messing with the internals