PDA

View Full Version : Tune failed

hullfc27
14-05-13, 21:03
this is really starting to frustrate me now as i keep getting tune failed on the movies only the hd tho all the other channels are fine but these anyone have any idea what vcould be wrong thanks

Larry-G
14-05-13, 21:23
Which exact channels and do you have a upto date channel list on the receiver ??.

abu baniaz
15-05-13, 00:15
Can you test another receiver on the same LNB or test the receiver on another dish setup to rule out the LNB/dish alignment?

Rob van der Does
15-05-13, 07:51
'Tune failed' will show if the tuner was locked and then looses the lock. This indicates problems with a DiSEqC-switch.
Also loose connections can be the culprit, as well as a 'wobbling' dish.

finko1672
08-09-13, 19:27
Ive come across this setting up some boxes and it usually is a bad F connector at the back of the box.:)

Ged296123
08-09-13, 20:08
This has happened to me on a few occasions on some local HD channels. The problem was always from the sat providers side; due to changes as channel name or settings. Try doing a tuner scan from scratch. But before, remember to backup your bouquets with DBEdit which will save a lot of your time for after the scan.
I hope it works out.

finko1672
08-09-13, 21:22
Yeah thats also true,if you go, Menu>setup>Service Searching>AutoBouquetsMaker>Start scan,this while find the new frequency on the channels that have moved and showing "Tuner failed" and put them back in the channel list as they where before.All other channels will be as they where.You can also set your box to do a regular scan for this situation in ,Menu Setup>Service Searching>AutoBouquetsMaker>Configure>Schedule Scan >Yes , and set it to repeat every "30 Days" it wil automatically do this for you.:)