PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] SABnzbd option

nexstar
14-05-13, 12:39
I use SABnzbd on a Windows PC at the moment but I saw that it was also included as an option in the image under 'Network'. I've enabled it but I don't know how to drive it! Is there a corresponding client that has to be installed?

Any tips on getting it to work would be appreciated.

I am using this on a VU+ Ultimo with ViX v3.0

Graham

andyblac
14-05-13, 16:23
I use SABnzbd on a Windows PC at the moment but I saw that it was also included as an option in the image under 'Network'. I've enabled it but I don't know how to drive it! Is there a corresponding client that has to be installed?

Any tips on getting it to work would be appreciated.

I am using this on a VU+ Ultimo with ViX v3.0

Graham

just the same via web ifterface.

nexstar
14-05-13, 16:53
Thanks for the reply.

Sorry, I'm being dim here. Is it supposed to show up as a menu in the Web Interface or should I connect to the Web Interface via a specific port number........or something else entirely?

Graham

judge
14-05-13, 17:50
Once it's enabled, you set it up & access it at http://IPADDRESS:9200

nexstar
14-05-13, 18:03
Ah! The missing link :)

Many thanks.

Graham

scottywhu
09-11-13, 09:27
Judge, Nexstar....

Sorry, jumped on the back of this one, hope you dont mind !!!

I, like Nexstar, run Sab on my Windows PC.

Can either of you tell me what this plug in will enable me to do please ??......I cant seem to access any settings. Will I be able to look at my sab on my VU+ Duo box ??

Any help, or small tutorials would be greatly appreciated !!

Current install :
Kernel version: 3.1.1
Firmware version: 3.0.781
Gui version: 2013-11-08

Cheers Guys

Scottywhu

nexstar
10-11-13, 02:46
Scottywhu, you should be able to do everything you can do on your Windows setup. I say 'should' because I'm actually still using my Windows setup. Simply because I still have the PC on 24/7 for other things and I already had SabNZBD already configured for it.

First you need to make sure that SabNZBD is enabled on your box. So select Menu>Settings>Network>SabNZBD and make sure that the server is running.

As said by Judge above, you can then just point your browser at http://IPADDRESS:9200 (substituting the IP address of your box) and you should then get a login screen which will be the same login details as for your box.

Once logged in you will be presented with the SabNZBD web interface which you can configure in the same way as with your PC setup.

If you want to access this externally then you will need to forward port 9200 to your box and use your external IP address. I use the Firefox SabNZBD plugin which allows me to select a file while I'm away from home and have the details passed back to my home setup to download. This works very well.

Hope this helps :)

Graham