PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Newest VIX with Kernel 3.3.8 Button "Zero" no switching between last channels

waldilein
14-05-13, 11:44
Hello,

thanks for the great and fast work!

Today I've installed VIX Image. Pli has too much bugs.

Is it possible to switch between the last 2 channels with the zero button?

With every other image I can access my flash and HDD with \\192.168.x.x. Since VIX Image it isn't possible!? Only ftp. Is there any way to get it work with windows and \\192.168.x.x?

Cool TV Guide isn't working with this image. One of the most popular plugin. The VIX EPG is good but Cool is better. Is there a way to get a full screen EPG like Cool?

Thanks!

judge
14-05-13, 11:49
VIX by default uses <> buttons to switch between channels.
0 by defaut is the panic button, if you want to change this, look for panic button settings.

Install samba or NFS, Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network

When in ViX EPG press menu, loads of options in there to get the EPG look you'ld like.

waldilein
14-05-13, 12:03
You're goodlike! Thx. Thats a nice Image!

waldilein
14-05-13, 14:18
Can't select "grafik multi EPG" in Multiquickbutton. Button EPG only single EPG or multi. Any idea to get grafik on EPG Button? Or better Cool TV Guide?

Rob van der Does
14-05-13, 15:21
G-EPG is assigned to the guide-button by default, so no need to change.

waldilein
14-05-13, 15:32
Ok, but when Multiquickbutton is installed, not. And G-EPG isn't available in Multiquickbutton.

Rob van der Does
14-05-13, 17:22
OK.
Out of interest: why do you use MQB? In other words: which buttons are not mapped to your liking?

waldilein
14-05-13, 18:19
The Files (Videos an so on, on HDD) Button is bad available (I've set to yellow short press). My brother has the same box an using the picture player often. So I've set the picture player to yellow long press.

I've a other question also. If I set channel number on they is also in Solo2 display. But after the channel number is a lot of space...than comes the Channel name. Is it possible to show the channel number only in Skin?

Rob van der Does
15-05-13, 08:14
I've a other question also. If I set channel number on they is also in Solo2 display. But after the channel number is a lot of space...than comes the Channel name. Is it possible to show the channel number only in Skin?
I'll ask around.

Rob van der Does
15-05-13, 21:02
Ok, but when Multiquickbutton is installed, not. And G-EPG isn't available in Multiquickbutton.
Have you set 'use ViX colour buttons' to 'No'? That's a prerequisite for fully using MQB

I'll ask around.
Will be in next build.

waldilein
15-05-13, 22:01
THX

Yes, set VIX colour button off. The entry G-EPG is missing in multiquickbutton.

I've said, I had Open PLi before. So I've recognize only few things which "missing".

Some pay TV like Sky (Sport) has a "Select" function for subchannels. PLi has display a symbol in skin, if Select (subchannels) are available. I haven't found in VIX (and have activate the subchannel funktion in settings).

The other thing. Why are the buttons "red, green, yellow, blue" are display in skin, if I switch a channel +/-. The Skin can be smaller when not display.

Hope you can understand...

Only few ideas, great work!

Trial
15-05-13, 22:39
hi,
look for "infobar vix epg"

ciao

Gesendet von meinem GT-P1000 mit Tapatalk 2

Rob van der Does
16-05-13, 06:08
Some pay TV like Sky (Sport) has a "Select" function for subchannels. PLi has display a symbol in skin, if Select (subchannels) are available. I haven't found in VIX (and have activate the subchannel funktion in settings).
I'll look into that.

The other thing. Why are the buttons "red, green, yellow, blue" are display in skin, if I switch a channel +/-. The Skin can be smaller when not display.
A decision of the skin designer.
In Magic-HD I created minimalistic infobars.
It's your choice which skin you like best.

look for "infobar vix epg"
The 'Infobar EPG' is the former Quick-EPG, not the Graphical EPG.
But: I just tried and in 'add' of MQB 'Grap EPG' is neatly available.

Rob van der Does
16-05-13, 06:57
In Magic-HD the 'subservices available-icon' is present. However: I've not been able to see it on any channel. Could you give me the exact details of several channels that use subservices? Is it possible that this symbol does only show when the services are actually providing an event?

Rob van der Does
16-05-13, 07:10
Hmmm, I just noticed that you're giving false information about ViX-images on the PLi-board, while still asking here to explain you how things work in ViX. Why's that? Not very encouraging for us to help you out I must say ....

waldilein
16-05-13, 07:27
In Magic-HD the 'subservices available-icon' is present. However: I've not been able to see it on any channel. Could you give me the exact details of several channels that use subservices? Is it possible that this symbol does only show when the services are actually providing an event?

Yes, that's it. Sky DE -> Sport 1 or 2 (without HD) using subchannles sometimes....and that's the problem. With the VIX default Skin, there is no info. Sky Sport using subchannels for Football or F1...sometimes.

Yesterday I've installed Pli again. It's my favourite.
My reasons (PLi pro):
-default skin is clear and easy without to much colours
-menu is clear and easy
-samba+nfs is included (VIX,first image which I can't access with Windows PC after install...not really a problem but more work)
-if receiver starting from Deep, CCcam and Oscam decrypt instantly (VIX needs 5 sekonds ore more)
-if I go to files on HDD and go back to live TV, sound isn't stopping (VIX, sound is stopping)
-Enhanced Movie Center is working and better (showing the MB of each film, so I can see HD or not in film list) like Movie Center on VIX
-Cool TV Guide is working and better (the whole screen using for EPG, better colours, switchable EPG view with one button) like VIX

I've tried VIX because new kernel and drivers for Solo2 are included...but this new VU+ drivers are buggy also (a problem from VU+ not VIX).

I think, you try to implement all functions in your image (better EPG, better Movie Center), problem, less flexible for some users like me.

Your support is really great. The best ever. Hope you're not angry about my points. Nice work!

EDIT:
I switched back to PLI yesterday in the night. Was late. The reasons for this decision you can find above. In Pli Forum I wrote only my decision. But I've only said 3 points for my decision and not, that VIX is bad. I've wrote, that PLi a bit better for me.

Rob van der Does
16-05-13, 10:08
My reasons (PLi pro):
-default skin is clear and easy without to much colours
-menu is clear and easy
LOL: the PLi-HD skin is based on my skin 'Magic-HD' and both PLi-HD & Magic-HD are available via our feeds.