PDA

View Full Version : Noobie in the fold. :)

navmanl200
14-05-13, 09:25
Hi Fellas, and am sure some lasses......

like most people introducing themselves i have dabbled in the satellite world in the past and am now having another go, the last time I 'dabbled', was in the analogue days so a while ago, technology and what it can do has moved a long way since. I build and repair PC's, also carry out software repairs and have had a dabble with Linux in the past, so hopefully have a little experience of what is to come. Currently running the usual setup and fancied a change to something with more flexibility, I have a Samsung 'smart' LED TV and a dumb arse receiver... lol

Just had confirmation text from our friends at World Of Satellite that my new VU+ Solo2 will be here tomorrow 15th May 2013..... so that's me in for the day so I DON'T miss the delivery.... Woo Hoo :D

Let the fun begin, oh and i am sure some questions

Cheers Peeps.

Carl. :p

josh_g
14-05-13, 11:20
:hello: and :welcome:

you have got yourself a good box there and is by Far the best out there atm!! if you need any help setting up there is a good guide in my sig that Phoenix wrote :thumbsup:

navmanl200
14-05-13, 12:11
Thanks Josh, I am determined to have a go and set it up myself, I am blessed with the ability to 'read and absorb' instructions, so fingers crossed i will have a fully operational box by tomorrow evening. :D

But just in case..... don't go too far away from your keyboard..... Just in case. :p

josh_g
14-05-13, 13:06
i am exactly the same, i found this guide and a couple of hours later i was up and running :p

since then i haven't been so lucky, but breaking it... that's half the fun :cool:

navmanl200
15-05-13, 22:41
Well 1 Happy Bunny, up and running within 3 hours, Followed the guide off the bottom of Josh_g's page. Off out tomorrow to pick up a 1TB HD and a network plug. :cool: Cannot believe how much better these are than the **y boxes, :whistle:
Then goodbye to **y :p

Thanks again Josh. I am sure as I 'tinker' with the settings more questions will be forthcoming, but I am more than happy with what I have got at the moment, more than I had with **y !! :cool: