PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] CCcam Info - crash when switching between configs

guff daddy
13-05-13, 20:24
Running VIX 3.0 build 664

I use the CCcaminfo plugin to switch between different CCcam.cfg files - however recently (I'm not sure since what update) selecting a different config file leads to a system crash.

Once the box reboots the CCcam.cfg file no longer exists (even though CCcam still works...)

The CCcam.cfg and alternate files (CCcam_01.cfg etc.) are all in the /etc/ folder.

stevesom
13-05-13, 21:11
There are posts elsewhere on the forum about this. I was having this problem. What i have read is creating a swapfile helps.

guff daddy
13-05-13, 22:39
Most of the posts I've read refer to the coloured buttons being missing from the cfg selection screen. I don't have the problem - the buttons are there OK. The problem is that pressing the green button to select a different config crashes the box. This also happens with a swapfile enabled.

dave_uk
14-05-13, 00:00
If you press OK on the new selection rather than green do you get same results?

Rob van der Does
14-05-13, 05:41
Most of the posts I've read refer to the coloured buttons being missing from the cfg selection screen. I don't have the problem - the buttons are there OK. The problem is that pressing the green button to select a different config crashes the box. This also happens with a swapfile enabled.
A crash but no crashlog?

guff daddy
14-05-13, 09:38
If you press OK on the new selection rather than green do you get same results?
Pressing [OK] has no effect at all.

Rob - crashlog attached to original post

satmanbasil
14-05-13, 09:52
Hi mate

Think your find the CCcam.cfg file has always gone walkabout for some strange reason thats why i stopped using the switcher prog in the end as i got fed up having to put it back in, if i want to isolate a server i just simply # the line now.

Rob van der Does
14-05-13, 09:57
A crash but no crashlog?
Sorry, I missed that :o

guff daddy
14-05-13, 10:29
Hi mate

Think your find the CCcam.cfg file has always gone walkabout for some strange reason thats why i stopped using the switcher prog in the end as i got fed up having to put it back in, if i want to isolate a server i just simply # the line now.

I've had problems before with this on my DM800 but generally with images that store the cfg files in a different folder than /etc/ - such as /usr/keys or /var/keys
It worked fine on VIX for quite a while but was broken by a recent update (not sure which one...)

guff daddy
14-05-13, 13:08
Resolved this - reverted to an older backup (3.0 build 574) and the cfg switch worked fine, so I just restored settings and did an online update to 665 and it's still working OK...