PDA

View Full Version : back up solo

casuk
13-05-13, 15:18
hey all im wanting to no how to back up im no sure wat im doing and need sum help iv got vix and a external hdd pluged in think that's all I need I also downloaded filezilla but I don't even no were to start with that either im a total newb at this

Larry-G
13-05-13, 15:45
I posted a tutorial a few days ago showing exactly how to create a full image backup in the ViX image, sorry I can't link to it at the moment. The process to create a settings backup is exactly the same as a full image backup, except that it uses the backup manager rather than the image manager.

Blue button> ViX> backup manager.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

casuk
13-05-13, 15:52
so blue ,vix,back up manager then green/new back up and it will do the rest auto? and image back up is the same and how will I find the back up in hdd

Larry-G
13-05-13, 15:55
so blue ,vix,back up manager then green/new back up and it will do the rest auto? and image back up is the same and how will I find the back up in hdd

When your in the backup manager or image manager it tells you at the top of the screen where the backups will be saved to, this is the HDD by default but can be changed by pressing menu then use the left and right buttons.

casuk
13-05-13, 16:06
device/media/hdd at top then at bottom new back up hit green/nbu and that's it wait till its done the I will find it in image manager when finished

Larry-G
13-05-13, 16:07
device/media/hdd at top then at bottom new back up hit green/nbu and that's it wait till its done the I will find it in image manager when finished

Yes that's pretty much it.

casuk
13-05-13, 16:19
started just sitting at 20/100 not budged how long does this take and why do I need a back up

Larry-G
13-05-13, 16:28
started just sitting at 20/100 not budged how long does this take and why do I need a back up

The time it takes depends on how many plugins etc you have installed as for the reason to make a backup, why not ?. Having a backup handy means you can restore to a fully working image in a few minutes rather than spending the time installing the image from scratch if something goes wrong at some point.

casuk
13-05-13, 16:31
that's it done I think its now saying vusolo-3.0649 thats my version and i take it in downloads is the vix updates iv not got yet as iv got unstable updates off the now, so i turn unstable updates on and try some plugins how do i delete plugins i don't want anymore

Larry-G
13-05-13, 16:32
that's it done I think its now saying vusolo-3.0649 thats my version and i take it in downloads is the vix updates iv not got yet as iv got unstable updates off the now, so i turn unstable updates on and try some plugins how do i delete plugins i don't want anymore

In the plugin menu you will see a red remove button, select that and delete the offending plugin.

Rob van der Does
13-05-13, 16:39
started just sitting at 20/100 not budged how long does this take...
It takes until it's ready, depending on settings, plugins and CPU.
But why sit, wait & watch? Just set it to auto run every night.

casuk
13-05-13, 16:45
makes sense so iv a find a more stable build after this id be beter backing that up and deleteing the old, what plugins should i go for im trying ondemand is that all the itv.bbc,ect in 1? it failed trying download plugins again and now screen is black nothing is on just freeview

casuk
13-05-13, 16:47
reset the mains and back on and its i cant download on demand ill try another

Larry-G
13-05-13, 16:52
reset the mains and back on and its i cant download on demand ill try another

Make sure you have the option to allow unstable updates set to yes, this will allow you to download from the feeds while the image it self is set to a unstable status.

casuk
13-05-13, 16:56
no sumthings up wen im trying to install plugins the picture will freeze and the vix top right corner is spinning and sticking

casuk
13-05-13, 17:06
its just crashin my box ill give it a go later on thanks