PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo] Bug in direct recoring

puschi
13-05-13, 11:15
Hello.

For direct recording (red button) of the current program there is still a bug.

It always records the old broadcast/movie shortly following to the beginning of the new broadcast/movie, and then only the short record-delay time is recorded (5min).

This is happened for me at V3.0.649 now twice.

If just starting a new program that I want to record, I always wait until the EPG info (OK button) changed and the new program epg info will be displayed.
Only then I start recording the new program with the red button and choose: 1) record actual movie.

In the timer list, only the old epg info is then displayed and it takes only 5 minutes (record delay time), because the last movie has been finished around for a minute to an end.

This is very annoying if you want to archive a movie and thinks the box does the record correctly.

Larry-G
13-05-13, 11:21
If you dont want the buffer before or after the recorded program you can manually change those times to something more to your liking. The reason it is there however is because Enigma 2 is not able to update it self to be able to follow last minute program changes for example when a sporting event runs over.

puschi
13-05-13, 12:54
If you dont want the buffer before or after the recorded program you can manually change those times to something more to your liking.

That isn't the problem.

The problem is: vix recordss the WRONG movie.

Example:
20:00 - 20:15 NEWS
20:15 - 22:15 James Bond - Goldfinger

At 20:15 James bond is starting. The EPG Info says: James Bond-Goldfinger 20:15-22:15 (verified)

I press the red button (at 20:15 and 23sec.) an choose: 1.) record actual movie

What does the VIX? -> The VIX records the News from 20:00-20:15, instead of James Bond.
Because th NEWS is finished, the new record stops after the time i set behind the record. (20:15+5min).

Later if found in the record list a entry: NEWS 20:00-2015, and not Goldfinger.... :-)

The time of the box is correct. The epg info is correct (a german tv provider with very good epg info and a very actual time).

I beleave it is a bug with the time of the actual movie, because the actual movie starts a 20:15 and the finished last movie ends at 20:15....

So vix record every time the wrong movie (if you start the direct record in the same minute as the last movie ends).... :mad:

mickyblueys
13-05-13, 13:33
Why don't you just go into graphical epg highlight what you want to record then press red button, and it will never fail.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

puschi
13-05-13, 15:19
Why don't you just go into graphical epg highlight what you want to record then press red button, and it will never fail.

Ok, this perhaps can work..
But if i come to the receiver on prime time and want to start a record very very quick, the graphical epg is not so good on the solo: i press the info button for graphical epg and wait wait (movie has already startet and the first 10 seconds are lost..).

Until the graphic epg is there on the solo, 5-7 seconds are lost. And then comes the confirmation and so on (4 seconds)....

Simple press red button and ok is the better/quicker choice.. and it has worked in older versions of vix very good!

So why not remove the bug to make the vix-image better?

andyblac
13-05-13, 15:22
That isn't the problem.

The problem is: vix recordss the WRONG movie.

Example:
20:00 - 20:15 NEWS
20:15 - 22:15 James Bond - Goldfinger

At 20:15 James bond is starting. The EPG Info says: James Bond-Goldfinger 20:15-22:15 (verified)

I press the red button (at 20:15 and 23sec.) an choose: 1.) record actual movie

What does the VIX? -> The VIX records the News from 20:00-20:15, instead of James Bond.
Because th NEWS is finished, the new record stops after the time i set behind the record. (20:15+5min).

Later if found in the record list a entry: NEWS 20:00-2015, and not Goldfinger.... :-)

The time of the box is correct. The epg info is correct (a german tv provider with very good epg info and a very actual time).

I beleave it is a bug with the time of the actual movie, because the actual movie starts a 20:15 and the finished last movie ends at 20:15....

So vix record every time the wrong movie (if you start the direct record in the same minute as the last movie ends).... :mad:

depends on what the infobar current event says, it will record that !!!!!. time it is irrelevant.

Rob van der Does
13-05-13, 15:30
And be aware: the InfoBar display's the so-called Now/Next info; that can be different from what the G-EPG (or any other EPG) will show.

puschi
13-05-13, 15:50
And be aware: the InfoBar display's the so-called Now/Next info; that can be different from what the G-EPG (or any other EPG) will show.

Thanks for that addition info.

Why not take this "feature" of wrong recording to the wanted features list.
If i want to make a direct record and the last movie is in the last minute, the record starts with the time from the next movie.

If i really want to record the last movie (like Now/Next info says), i record the same movie plus the movie behind that. So i didn't los anything. In the worst case i record a to long time...

Normally i want to record the movie from the g-epg time and if there is a difference to the now/next-epg -> take the next entry.

So the bug is a feature requiest, to eliminate disagreements between the two epg sources, isn't that ok?

Rob van der Does
13-05-13, 16:02
It's not as simple as that; There are several EPG readers, each having it's own prority.
On the background all data is read every x minutes: that data fills the G-EPG.
Now/Next is supposed to be the most accurate and shows up in the infobar immediately.

So as far as I can see there's nothing wrong at all.

puschi
13-05-13, 19:10
Now/Next is supposed to be the most accurate and shows up in the infobar immediately.

That's what i mean. I use the: most accurate and shows up in the infobar immediately EPG info for the direct recording.

So as far as I can see there's nothing wrong at all.

And it goes wrong every time immediatly after a change. Take a look at the thread begin:

I always wait until the EPG info (OK button) changed and the new program epg info will be displayed.

I use the most accurate epg info for record, and the image takes the wrong one.
What should i do? Please check this one short time and you'll see: the image has a little little bug..

Larry-G
13-05-13, 19:13
That's what i mean. I use the: most accurate and shows up in the infobar immediately EPG info for the direct recording.

And it goes wrong every time immediatly after a change. Take a look at the thread begin:

I use the most accurate epg info for record, and the image takes the wrong one.
What should i do? Please check this one short time and you'll see: the image has a little little bug..

I'm sorry but I still don't see the problem, if you want to schedule a recording use the timer option in the EPG, I really don't get all this waiting for the exact second a show starts to manually start the recording business.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

judge
13-05-13, 19:20

Tried it here at 6pm, waited for a show to start, pressed record -> 1 Add recording (stop after current event)
and it recorded the show fine...
When you then press ok, a message pops up saying 'a recording has been started - show name'
Are you getting the correct pop-up?

What build & box are you using?

andyblac
13-05-13, 20:33

in the infobar, check that the TOP event is showing want you want to record, it does not change on a time, but when the channel operator has deemed the program started, ie it could be 8:02, if you are just assuming it to have changed event name, don't check first don't 'assume' = makes an 'ass' out 'u' and 'me'.

puschi
14-05-13, 06:22
Tried it here at 6pm, waited for a show to start, pressed record -> 1 Add recording (stop after current event)
and it recorded the show fine...
When you then press ok, a message pops up saying 'a recording has been started - show name'

What build & box are you using?

Hi judge.

I use it on a Solo with build V3.0.649.

I make the same as you. Wait for the change in the now/next epg (new show is stil running since some seconds),
pressed record -> 1 Add recording (stop after current event)

No, i getting the wrong (last show) in the pop-up!

So, what epg info is used for the direct recording?
It can't be the now/next epg, because if vix uses this source, the recording has to be correct every time.
Because there is a difference, vix uses a other epg source, which is updated on a later time.
Only in this case, this bug can occur.

Please note, that i use a german tv provider (public law: ZDF-HD channel), who has a very accurate now/next epg (that means: normaly the infobar epg is changing in the same second, the show starts). Perhaps in GB there is a slower epg and this difference is not reproducible??

I'm sorry but I still don't see the problem, if you want to schedule a recording use the timer option in the EPG, I really don't get all this waiting for the exact second a show starts to manually start the recording business.

I don't wait for the exact second. I only want to record the current show some seconds after this has started..
So the show is running since 10-20 seconds. The Now/nex epg info has changed since 10-20 secondes to the new (actual) running show.
The only what i want is to record this show with less button pressing (quick), and not a show in the past....

is that too much or too difficult?