PDA

View Full Version : red light flashing next to rec button solo2

yana
13-05-13, 10:09
hi all,

recently noted red flash left from record button. I have vix 3 build 658 on solo2. searching forum i found that this could mean ?software update available or somebody else mentioned unstable update. I did install ondemand plugin labeled 'unstable'. Could this be the cause and can i just ignore the flash.
many thanks

Larry-G
13-05-13, 10:13
It is the online update icon notifying you that there is a image update available, it is however recommended that you not use the online update at this time on the solo2 but wait until the image has been posted on www.openvix.co.uk then flash it manually as this update contains a linux kernel update. if you cant wait then by all means update but it may cause some unforeseen issues.

yana
13-05-13, 10:28
ive read that the new update will change kernel and its better to flash. will take your advice
many thanks!

casuk
13-05-13, 19:17
iv noticed mines doing the same if I flash will it wipe what is already on my box or will it be the way it was before just with the update

Larry-G
13-05-13, 19:23
iv noticed mines doing the same if I flash will it wipe what is already on my box or will it be the way it was before just with the update

A reflash wipes the box, only things such as recordings and files on attached devices such as a HDD or USB stick will survive the reflash providing you don't delete those.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD