PDA

View Full Version : What is the boot time like on these

bertybassett
12-05-13, 21:20
my VU+ Duo was about 85 which was super slow. Is this box any faster?

chaser
12-05-13, 21:36
No. It's painfully slow too!

pooface
12-05-13, 23:07
The only box likely to offer any real difference in boot up time would be the gigablue quad and the vu solo2/duo2...

Now, I cannot speak personally about any of the boxes, but have read reports that the solo2 boots quick, and e2 restarts within about 10s iirc... The duo2 should be the same I would imagine, and since the quad has same chipset, imagine that to be the same (although imagine someone will confirm soon enough?!)

Larry-G
13-05-13, 16:24
These receivers are essentially fully functioning computers and have to first boot into their OS which takes time to do with the limited resources they have to hand. as pooface says only the solo2 and maybe the GIgablue Quad currently improve upon boot times due to their massively upgraded processors and ram compared with other models.

That said do you really sit there watching the receiver as it boots up ?.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Trial
13-05-13, 16:28
Hi,
my Ultimo with latest image and naked boots in just under 60 seconds and other boxes with UBIFS and 400MHz should be similar.

ciao

bertybassett
15-05-13, 16:08
to answer my own question about 90 seconds to full boot of openvix.

Also the menus and function speed of the system are on par with my Vu+ Duo maybe 5% to 10% slower but this is hard to be exact as it just feels a tad slower (no real test). Overal I am very happy with this box and it is great vaule for money 10 out of 10 and 9 out of 10 for speed and functions of the box.

Rob van der Does
15-05-13, 17:02
Boottimes are also very much dependant on the settings (the amount of channels & bouquets) and installed plugins.

Trial
15-05-13, 20:31
Hi,

Boottimes are also very much dependant on the settings (the amount of channels & bouquets) and installed plugins.
and even more when mounts are not accessible. I have 7 mounts which are somehow seldom accessible during boot of my Solo2 and it makes almost a minute I think.

ciao

bertybassett
15-05-13, 20:42
agree with all the comments however I still say this is bargain device.

Rob van der Does
15-05-13, 20:43

and even more when mounts are not accessible. I have 7 mounts which are somehow seldom accessible during boot of my Solo2 and it makes almost a minute I think.
Indeed.
So one must be absolutely sure to compare boxes with exactly the same settings in exactly the same environment.