PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Plugins on vix image

Hotchef
12-05-13, 16:05
When i click on plugins/ and push green to download more

I get a message

sorry feeds seem be in a unstable state, if you wish to use them please enable 'Allow unstable updates' in online update.

Is it safe to do this?

satcat
12-05-13, 16:15
yes m8,, just back up your Image first,, just to be safe.. it,s just a safety warning,, cheers satcat

nicoj24
12-05-13, 17:24
I am thinking of buying a vu are all the same plugins available on all vu boxes regardless of model.

Regards Nick

drx360
12-05-13, 17:25
I am thinking of buying a vu are all the same plugins available on all vu boxes regardless of model.

Regards Nick

they should work on all vix images :)

Larry-G
12-05-13, 18:26
When i click on plugins/ and push green to download more

I get a message

sorry feeds seem be in a unstable state, if you wish to use them please enable 'Allow unstable updates' in online update.

Is it safe to do this?

yes, as advised above, make a image backup and you will be fine.

Regards Nick

There all pretty much universal barring where some small hardware differences may come into play, so 99.99999% of the time if a plugin works on one ViX imaged receiver it will work on another.

Hotchef
12-05-13, 20:16
I have a back up, if something goes wrong then you reflash and restore via backup?

Will the back up carry all the settings?

Is there any plugins that bring trouble

I am hoping for

The players, bbc,itv, rte, ch4
Maybe icefilms

Are these ok?

Has some one tried them?

Larry-G
12-05-13, 20:29
I have a back up, if something goes wrong then you reflash and restore via backup?

Will the back up carry all the settings?

Is there any plugins that bring trouble

I am hoping for

The players, bbc,itv, rte, ch4
Maybe icefilms

Are these ok?

Has some one tried them?

Create a full image backup from the image manager section.
Blue button> ViX> image manager.

BBC Iplayer, ITV player, 4Demand etc are all included in the OE-Alliance OnDemand player available from the image feeds, Icefilms should work just fine although it's not something i use my self. as for plugins to avoid that would be the TSpanel as it does very funny things to the image.

Hotchef
12-05-13, 21:46
I just scrolled down plugins but could not see the OE-alliance plug?

Hotchef
12-05-13, 21:52
Ignore me I'm blind, it's working and cracking

zoomatomic
12-06-13, 22:41
I had this problem and I found the problem was with my DNS settings . I changed to 8.8.8.8 and then worked but every now and then the DNS reverts back to the gateway IP of my modem,weird.

judge
12-06-13, 23:31
I had this problem and I found the problem was with my DNS settings . I changed to 8.8.8.8 and then worked but every now and then the DNS reverts back to the gateway IP of my modem,weird.

8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 are the google DNS servers.
If your router/modem is re-setting your box to your ISPs DNS servers every now and again, your settings aren't being entered/saved correctly.
You probably can set your router/modem to also use google DNS by default for all connected devices.

paulsmith6
26-03-14, 13:01
hi all plugins are not downloading no is software update network is fine running new zeus on vuduo... thanks in advance can i install manualy via link

Larry-G
26-03-14, 14:08
hi all plugins are not downloading no is software update network is fine running new zeus on vuduo... thanks in advance can i install manualy via link

You can download the image directly from www.openvix.co.uk

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
26-03-14, 17:33
Moved to this section.

Please read this thread HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33154-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section-coming-soon!)