PDA

View Full Version : ftp hangs after transfering first file

has786
12-05-13, 13:16
Hi guys,

I'm experiencing a problem with the ftp feature, everytime I transfer files via ftp, the transfer hangs after the first file and DCC (dreambox control centre hangs). I have used filezilla and the result is the time. The pcs im using run windows 7 and vista and I have never had a problem in transfering files. My network setup has a Virgin Media superhub in modem mode attached to DDwrt router to an unmanaged switch which the receiver (running openvix 632) connects to. What puzzles me is that with this setup I can transfer files anywhere internally or externally but just hangs when I transfer to the receiver. Is something wrong with my receiver or can we configure VSftpd server accordingly?

cypchris
12-05-13, 14:22
I suggest you reboot your network ie router and super hub then try again if it still does not work re flash with the latest stable image which i believe is 649 also you don't say which receiver you have

has786
12-05-13, 17:32
I suggest you reboot your network ie router and super hub then try again if it still does not work re flash with the latest stable image which i believe is 649 also you don't say which receiver you have

Rebooting the network did not resolve anything, I will try to reflash the image (latest build now is 658). The receiver which I have is a tm2toe, I thought I did not needed to mention it as I post it on the relevant section.

has786
13-05-13, 01:34
guys tried flashing new image, and rebooting the network but still does not improve in anyway.
Any other thoughts on this

drx360
13-05-13, 09:53
try ftprush and see how you get on.

has786
13-05-13, 13:49
just tried ftprush managed to transfer more files but kept timing out and skipped quite few files too. It seems wanting to connect on passive mode only. I have made sure the router has the default port forward for ftp and im using the default port on the various ftp clients i use however i dont know if i need to configure vsftpd server for default port or is this already done by default on all vix images

judge
13-05-13, 14:06
No need to touch anything on your ViX receiver.
Also, no neeed to do any port forwarding if you are ftp'ing on a local network.

has786
13-05-13, 14:11
No need to touch anything on your ViX receiver.
Also, no neeed to do any port forwarding if you are ftp'ing on a local network.

is it possible to remove vsftpd server and install proftpd so i can try if there is any difference.

judge
13-05-13, 14:15
is it possible to remove vsftpd server and install proftpd so i can try if there is any difference.

I wouldn't, i'd sort out your network issues first.

has786
13-05-13, 21:15
judge i dont have an issue ftping to any other pc or machine is just this tm2toe receiver so is it worth giving proftpd a try and is this possible?

judge
13-05-13, 21:22
have you filled the flash by any chance?

drx360
13-05-13, 21:43
you could be on to something there judge, since he has no issues connecting does not sound like a network issue, the file skipping on ftprush could suggest no space available or a file already exists.

what files exactly are you trying to transfer?

has786
13-05-13, 23:43
have you filled the flash by any chance?

Now i'm lost what to you mean by "filled the flash"?

judge
13-05-13, 23:46
you could be on to something there judge, since he has no issues connecting does not sound like a network issue, the file skipping on ftprush could suggest no space available or a file already exists.

what files exactly are you trying to transfer?
it's unlikely as the TM2T as lots of flash to play with, but still a possibility.

judge
13-05-13, 23:50
Now i'm lost what to you mean by "filled the flash"?

filled the flash memory availible on the box.
Unlikely but by installing too many plugins, corrupt epg saved on flash and so on, could cause this issue.
Can you telnet in & issue df -h, post the resuts here so we can rule that out.

has786
14-05-13, 01:33
filled the flash memory availible on the box.
Unlikely but by installing too many plugins, corrupt epg saved on flash and so on, could cause this issue.
Can you telnet in & issue df -h, post the resuts here so we can rule that out.

As far as I'm aware there should be plenty memory still available. Here is the result for df-h.

Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
ubi0:rootfs 456.8M 63.7M 393.2M 14% /
devtmpfs 67.1M 4.0K 67.1M 0% /dev
tmpfs 64.0K 0 64.0K 0% /media
tmpfs 67.2M 268.0K 66.9M 0% /var/volatile

has786
28-05-13, 20:03
As far as I'm aware there should be plenty memory still available. Here is the result for df-h.

Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
ubi0:rootfs 456.8M 63.7M 393.2M 14% /
devtmpfs 67.1M 4.0K 67.1M 0% /dev
tmpfs 64.0K 0 64.0K 0% /media
tmpfs 67.2M 268.0K 66.9M 0% /var/volatile

hi guys still have this issue of files getting stuck. any help on his would be really appreciated.

has786
01-06-13, 19:22
hi guys still have this issue of files getting stuck. any help on his would be really appreciated.

Hi guys.

Is there anyone who could shed some light to the issue im experiencing. I'm lost as to why this is happening.

abu baniaz
02-06-13, 00:57
When you reflashed your image, did you restore settings? If so, try again without restoring.

Larry-G
02-06-13, 14:16
I think id just bite the bullet and do a full reflash without restoring any settings or backups just to be sure.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

has786
02-06-13, 23:12
I think id just bite the bullet and do a full reflash without restoring any settings or backups just to be sure.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Evertime i flash the box i never restor any of the settings or use any backups. I always flashed using the usb stick and never online. I'm puzzled with this hence i asked if i could use another ftp service in the box such as proftpd. I know is asking much from the vix team to change the ftp service in their image which seems to work for everyone however if you were filling to update the image with proftp for test purposes or provide instructions on how to remove the current ftp service (vsftpd) and install proftpd would be highly appreciated.

has786
18-06-13, 23:40
Just thought I bump this thread in hope that someone can and will help.

abu baniaz
19-06-13, 00:00
Can you copy files to the tmp using the file browser plugin. ( Use the < and > buttons to ensure that the tmp directory is selected on one pane.)

Do you have the same issue if STB is connected to router instead of switch? Is it the same with other images?

If problem persist over different images, I'd say that it is a hardware issue and not a software issue. Speak to your retailer.