PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Box crashes when streaming.

bokkie
11-05-13, 17:01
Hi all, Since updating to latest build, think it's 664, I can't stream within or outside of my network.
Everytime I do the box crashes and i get an error message saying unable to load channel on my vu+ player app.
I know that the answer will be to restore a backup, but is this a known error, and if so is a fix in the pipeline?
Thanks

bokkie
11-05-13, 17:23
I can confirm that I've just flashed a backup I had before the driver updates, etc. Think it was build 658, streaming now works perfect again.
Could it be the vu+ driver updates that we saw recently?

bokkie
14-05-13, 17:21
Ok so I had another go and tried flashing build 664. i did a full flash, restored setings but installed plugins from scratch.
Once again when i try stream the box crashes and I get an error on the vu+ player app.
Any ideas on this one. As soon as I flash an older build, pre kernal and driver update all is fine again.
I'll try attach the crash log.

Deleted crash log as it had some personal info. Will try upload one later

Rob van der Does
14-05-13, 17:28
Could it be the vu+ driver updates that we saw recently?
We confirm the issue and we think it is down to drivers.
So if transcoding is important for you, I suggest to remain 'frozen' on an old build.

bokkie
14-05-13, 17:46
Could I just try sticking the old drivers back, leaving the build and setup as is?
Maybe that would work?

Rob van der Does
14-05-13, 17:48
Nope, as the old drivers also require an old kernel.

bokkie
20-05-13, 09:53
Hi again. Is there any update on this issue? I don't think it is driver related as I tried blackhole 2.0.3, which uses the latest drivers, and transcoding works fine.
Thanks

Rob van der Does
20-05-13, 09:57
Is there any update on this issue?
Nope: we are consulting VU+ about this.

bokkie
21-05-13, 19:02
seems like it's been sorted. I updated to build 667 today and streaming now works again.
Thanks.

Rob van der Does
21-05-13, 19:47
Yep, it should indeed be fixed in 667.