PDA

View Full Version : solo2 and abm problem

yana
11-05-13, 15:45
Hi all,

recent solo2 with vix3 latest build. came pre installed with loads of channels very happy. to automate bouquets further i would like to use abm. configured abm to sky uk, astra 19.2 and freesat. tried running scan. after a short while the error message tuner lock out. not sure why this happens

Rob van der Does
11-05-13, 15:56
recent solo2 with vix3 latest build.
Please state the build-number. 'Latest' is very relative...

came pre installed with loads of channels very happy.
No image has channels pre-installed :confused:
So I'm not sure what the issue is.

danivtec
11-05-13, 20:37
Got this aswell on 664.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

satcat
12-05-13, 08:58
astra uk is on 28.2 E ..that could be your problem? cheers satcat

Larry-G
12-05-13, 09:02
Got this aswell on 664.

i'm sorry but that is incredibly vague.

What exactly is the issue, how are your tuners setup etc, posting bug reports without providing even the basics is of no use to us as we would not know how to replicate your issue in order to start investigating it.

yana
12-05-13, 09:26
Hi,
apologies being vague new to forums. try explain better. i bought solo2 box which had vix 3 image installed build 658 and in favourites menu i have lots of bouquets. I do have a motorised dish 1m dish and tm 2600 motor. tuner A settings usals for west of scotland and tuner b loop through. The majority of bouquets i wont use and would like things easier by using abm. main satellites i will be using is 19.2 and 28.2 signal strength snr >90%. i configured abm for freesat canal digitaal and sky for my area. then i pressed scan. wich then comes up tuning sky at first. no channels are found then gett message with a red cross saying 'tuner time lockout'. It almost seems as if the scanning didn't work but i'm not sure. Watching tv is fine. all main channels work well with good picture. i just wanted to set things up for future and make full use of this excellent plugin.

Larry-G
12-05-13, 09:47
when you started the ABM scan for 28.2 east what was the dish pointing towards ?. The reason i ask is because ABM user a free tuner where available and as you have your second tuner set to loop through from the first, if you were pointing towards 19.2 east and watching a program there, ABM would not be able to get a lock on or move the dish to 28.2 east.

and no apologies needed my comment about being vague was not pointing towards you specifically but a more general comment to all users who post for help.

yana
12-05-13, 09:58
Hi
many thanks reply. this will be most likely the problem. a channel was on while i was trying to to do the scan. So would i first tune into a astra 28.2 e channel and do abm for sky 28.2 only. and then the other two in similar way? or can you run scan without being tuned into any channel ?
i will be able to check tonight

Larry-G
12-05-13, 10:10
To be totally honest i'm not 100 percent sure how it would work with your setup with the second feed being looped through as ABM is coded to look do it's scan from a free tuner where possible, you could try disabling the second feed temporarily while running the scan, ABM should then take control of the motor and move the dish for the scan.

danivtec
12-05-13, 10:21
My setup is a fixed dish to 28.2e with a single feed to tuner A on a solo 2 as I do not currently have a second feed to connect B to. Preferred tuner is set to A.

Upon running ABM I am getting tuner locked failed error.

I have a ultimo to the same dish but with 3 connected tuners and it runs ok.

Rob van der Does
12-05-13, 10:25
No need to set 'preferred tuner' to anything (default is 'Auto'), although this has nothing to do with the problem.
Has the configuration of tuner B been set to 'not configured'?
Is there no recording or stream active?

judge
12-05-13, 10:27
In tuner config, have you the second tuner disabled so? or are you using loopthrough?
if using loopthrough, the feed should be connected to tuner b, and set a as loopthrough to b when using a solo2.

yana
12-05-13, 10:49
To be totally honest i'm not 100 percent sure how it would work with your setup with the second feed being looped through as ABM is coded to look do it's scan from a free tuner where possible, you could try disabling the second feed temporarily while running the scan, ABM should then take control of the motor and move the dish for the scan.
i will give that a go tonight

yana
21-05-13, 12:50
Hi,
apologies being vague new to forums. try explain better. i bought solo2 box which had vix 3 image installed build 658 and in favourites menu i have lots of bouquets. I do have a motorised dish 1m dish and tm 2600 motor. tuner A settings usals for west of scotland and tuner b loop through. The majority of bouquets i wont use and would like things easier by using abm. main satellites i will be using is 19.2 and 28.2 signal strength snr >90%. i configured abm for freesat canal digitaal and sky for my area. then i pressed scan. wich then comes up tuning sky at first. no channels are found then gett message with a red cross saying 'tuner time lockout'. It almost seems as if the scanning didn't work but i'm not sure. Watching tv is fine. all main channels work well with good picture. i just wanted to set things up for future and make full use of this excellent plugin.

Hi
many thanks reply. this will be most likely the problem. a channel was on while i was trying to to do the scan. So would i first tune into a astra 28.2 e channel and do abm for sky 28.2 only. and then the other two in similar way? or can you run scan without being tuned into any channel ?
i will be able to check tonight

since this post i'm now on build 667, use magic hd skin (great skin). lnb 1 is connected to tuner a and powers the motor. second cable is going to lnb2. usals (under Glasgow) are lat 55 north, 0.5 east (for my position 4 west was recommended but can't get any lock).
on these settings my snr for thor is 80, atra 19.2e is 93 and astra 28.2 e is 99 (acg is 40% and ber is 0) reasonably good i would say.

maybe related to the abm problem. Problem with crossover epg scan this also times out saying no dvb service available check tuner configuration
my tuner config is tuner a usals simple lat and long as above. tuner b loop trough tried second cable setting but no difference. cleared epg dat file from usb memory and done the scan again same problem.

can you do scans whilst being tuned into a particular sat since it is a twin tuner?
many thanks for looking into this yet again

Rob van der Does
21-05-13, 13:49
my tuner config is tuner a usals simple lat and long as above. tuner b loop trough tried second cable setting but no difference. cleared epg dat file from usb memory and done the scan again same problem.

That does make a huge difference: loopthrough is not the same as second cable from. Loopthrough is not correct (and for the Solo2 will never work from tone A --> B anyway).

Anyway: it looks like the ABM problem is related to the use of a motor.

yana
21-05-13, 15:57
many thanks for reply so for tuner b does the setting need to be 2nd cable as this is one of the other options? the motor i'm using is the technomate 2600 is hope that that is ok? re the other problems in your opinion are they related

Rob van der Does
21-05-13, 16:09
many thanks for reply so for tuner b does the setting need to be 2nd cable as this is one of the other options?
That is: if you indeed have a second cable coming from a motorised twin-LNB.
If you have only one cable. it should be connected to tuner B and tuner A should be set to 'loopthrough'.

yana
21-05-13, 16:20
That is: if you indeed have a second cable coming from a motorised twin-LNB.
If you have only one cable. it should be connected to tuner B and tuner A should be set to 'loopthrough'.

Yes i do have a second cable from quad lnb (3 and 4 are not in use). I will try this tonight. many thanks rob for your prompt reply

yana
22-05-13, 08:46
Yes i do have a second cable from quad lnb (3 and 4 are not in use). I will try this tonight. many thanks rob for your prompt reply

tuner b is now set to second cable. unfortunately still same problems. many thanks

Rob van der Does
22-05-13, 11:16
tuner b is now set to second cable. unfortunately still same problems. many thanks
Yes, I didn't expect that to fix the problem, as we haven't yet been able to fix it.
But your tunerconfig needs to be correct anyway.

yana
23-05-13, 11:49
Yes, I didn't expect that to fix the problem, as we haven't yet been able to fix it.
But your tunerconfig needs to be correct anyway.

i didn't realize that other people have similar problems. just to let you know that since upgrade to build 668. abm was working yesterday
many thanks to everybody involved fixing it. great plugin

Rob van der Does
23-05-13, 13:06
This bug in ABM hasn't been fixed. It's a coincidence if it works now.