PDA

View Full Version : Help!! Need Advice!!

superfly
10-05-13, 21:57
Hello from Sunny Madeira!!!!

Was thinking of buying the Vu+ Solo 2 but due to financial difficulties and imminent redundancy I'm reluctantly forced to buy a slightly cheaper satellite receiver as my Dreambox 500S is on it's last legs.

I came across the Max Digital XP1000. I've been hearing alot of good thinks about it but I have a few questions which I'd appreciate if XP1000 owners could help me out with.

Does the following plugins work properly on the XP1000? On Demand, 1channel, Media Portal, TSmedia & Airplayer.

Can it handle MKV, avi and mp4 files?

Finally, are you guys happy with it? Is it the best receiver below £150? How's the picture quality?

Many thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

Have a great weekend!

Superfly

Stanman
10-05-13, 22:43
It will install any plugin designed for E2 but you have to be conscious of ram cpu limitations.

rest no idea as not got one

superfly
12-05-13, 10:12
It will install any plugin designed for E2 but you have to be conscious of ram cpu limitations.

rest no idea as not got one

I know we cannot compare the Solo 2 with the XP1000, the Vu+ is in a league of it's own.

The Solo 2 has 256mb of RAM plus 1.3 cpu and the XP1000 has 128mb of RAM and 512mhz of cpu. I do not intend to install numerous plugins, just the ones I mentioned.

The XP1000 doesn't sound like a slouch, better than my 500s.

Just needed some owners opinions!

Thanks! :)

Larry-G
12-05-13, 10:16
They should all work, ( OnDemand will work for certain as that is produced, maintained and updated by us on this very forum ), the others are by various other authors and should work fine providing their authors keep them updated.

superfly
12-05-13, 10:34
Many thanks!!!!

jez
12-05-13, 13:47
Havent tried tsmedia or airplay but the rest it does very very well, as Ive already said in other threads, the Maxdigital xp1000 is quality, especially for the price. Just get one m8, you wont be disapoiinted