PDA

View Full Version : How install and configure inadyn

Skin
05-10-10, 22:41
Installation and configuration of inadyn on VTI and VIX images for being able to use service no-ip:
1) Download enigma2-plugin-extensions-inadyn.vuplus_1.2-r0_mipsel.ipk.
2) Copy it with ftp on the receiver in the /tmp folder
3) connect to the receiver in telnet and type the following command: ipkg install /tmp/enigma2-plugin-extensions-inadyn.vuplus_1.2-r0_mipsel.ipk
4) Modify in the receiver the file inadyn.conf in /var/etc in the following way:
--background
--update_period_sec 060 (indicate time interval with which it comes controlled if the ip address is changed)
--username (yours login of the service)
--password (yours password of the service)
--dyndns_system default@no-ip.com
--alias (the address that you have set up to your host, es.: mioweb.no-ip.com)
--forced_update_period 86400
--log_file /var/log/inadyn.log (set up this for the log file)
5) Modify the /usr/bin/enigma2.sh and before the line:
LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libopen.so.0.0 /usr/bin/enigma2
add:
inadyn
6) reboot the receiver. If all it has been executed correctly, read the /var/log/inadyn.log in order to verify the correct run of the system.

Sicilian
06-10-10, 16:29
Great post Skin, thank you. Made it a sticky :)

fintannl
13-10-10, 19:22
followed the instructions exactly. had to reflash box as system would not reboot after the changes

Skin
13-10-10, 22:48
I've make this installation at my friends 3 times, without problems. I suppose one problem with your configuration of the /usr/bin/enigma2.sh.

yngvekl
14-10-10, 08:09
...5) Modify the /usr/bin/enigma2.sh and before the line:
add:
inadyn
6) reboot the receiver. If all it has been executed correctly, read the /var/log/inadyn.log in order to verify the correct run of the system.

Do you mean to add "inadyn" infront of "LD_PRELOAD...", or on the line above...?

Skin
15-10-10, 00:01
cd /home/root
inadyn

fintannl
15-10-10, 08:26
did you test on VIX or VTI

fintannl
15-10-10, 09:10
you may have noticed other members getting error code 127 when installing this ipk. likewise i get this same error code. have you any idea why this might be

fintannl
15-10-10, 09:32
Below is the error received when trying to install the ipk package for inadyn
root@bm750:~# ipkg install /tmp/*.*
Installing enigma2-plugin-extensions-inadyn.vuplus (1.2-r0) to root...
Configuring enigma2-plugin-extensions-inadyn.vuplus
//usr/lib/opkg/info/enigma2-plugin-extensions-inadyn.vuplus.postinst: line 2: ex
it0: not found
postinst package /tmp/ecm.info.
* Cannot find package /tmp/ecm0.info.
* Cannot find package /tmp/hotplug.socket.
* Cannot find package /tmp/smb.log.
* ERROR: enigma2-plugin-extensions-inadyn.vuplus.postinst returned 127

When i go to /usr/lib/opkg/info/enigma2-plugin-extensions-inadyn.vuplus.postinst I can see that the file contains the following
#!/bin/sh
exit0

so anybody got any idea on how to resolve this

fintannl
15-10-10, 10:42
ok finally i've figured this out. inadyn is in fact already installed in the vix image. it just isn't activated. so you go to /etc/inadyn.conf and edit the file with your individual details for your dyndns/no-ip account. then telnet to the box and simply type inadyn. this starts the inadyn process and you will find the inadyn logfile in /tmp. however should you restart the Vu+ you must remember that you will need to restart inadyn also. this problem is solved by updating the /usr/bin/enigma2.sh file and adding the command line 'inadyn'. then just reboot the box and all should be good

Skin
15-10-10, 17:25
this problem is solved by updating the /usr/bin/enigma2.sh file and adding the command line 'inadyn'. then just reboot the box and all should be good It's correct.

Skin
15-10-10, 17:27
did you test on VIX or VTI tested on vix and vti.

Cus2k
15-10-10, 18:13
work fine
tested on VTì

fintannl
15-10-10, 21:37
all, i have battled with this for some time. prior to vu+ i have 3 years of experience in dm800 and have always used inadyn. yet i am still not happy. what i siad initially is not true. inadyn is not by default on the vix image. my guess here is that when i installed the ipk supplied by skin the inadyn files were imported to the necessary directories. so the inadyn.conf file was in the /etc/ directory. now i really want this to work, but for starters the ipk inadyn file does not do what is required. likewise the other option of loading inadyn and inadyn_script does not work. i have crashed my vu+ so many times trying to get this right as its a great plugin. so i accept no credit. i'm using vix 1.1 (what an image) and nothing suggested on this forum currently corrects the inadyn conundrum.

what i did do was prove hat it was possible to get inadyn to work on a working image but every time i reboot the box it hangs. so i'm sorry, as of yet i have not solved this problem. what i find is strange is that when i remove all the files and executable commands the box sill wont boot under the vix image. simply weird.

bottom line. inadyn is a hugely important plugin and i really hope that vix can supply this as a workable downloadable solution. my knowledge (be it some years at linux) is not good enough to get this solution to work manually.

Skin
16-10-10, 12:47
On my VU+ with VIX or VTI works fine, if i reset the router the inadyn change ip. If i reboot the receiver, the inadyn works too. Other friends has resolved with my guide. I use no-ip.

fintannl
16-10-10, 19:38
thanks skin, for starters do you get error code 127 in your telnet session when you install the ipk. i think this is the crux of the problem

Skin
16-10-10, 23:21
Try to reinstall Vix, use the guide for install inadyn, ignore error, and after say me if inadyn works on your receiver.

fintannl
17-10-10, 15:36
i have reinstalled vix so many times my head is spinning. i've even played with the dyndns plugin. Now I do not say that this plugin does not work but it has two MAJOR defects. One is that the minute you activate suddenly you get the system busy icon on the tv nearly all the time so you can't even change channels. The next is the fact that when you rebbot the system you have to re-enter all details for dyndns again. So its a truly terrible plugin.

I tend to heed errors when I see them. I did try to do what you said but that just meant I needed to reinstall VIX once again. As expected the system would not reboot. Could you please answer the initial question. When you installed did you or did you not get this error 127. I have a feeling that either the ipk file you uploaded is corrupted or it does not work on vix 1.1.

in the meantime i will continue to update my ip using my dm500 inadyn. sicilian, any hope that we could see an inadyn downloadable plugin for vix

Skin
17-10-10, 16:01
Attached plugin for inadyn works on Vix 1.1 and Vti 2.0. I not remember for error, ma after this post other people have installed plugin on vix and vti.

fintannl
17-10-10, 17:08
as a suggestion rather than using your local ipk for inadyn, please follow the steps i followed, as in i downloaded the file off this site. is it possible it is corrupted. note i had to make one minor change where i am using dyndns to update my dynamic address rather no-ip. surely the plugin should work for both systems

Skin
17-10-10, 19:03
You have p.m.

fintannl
17-10-10, 21:48
my friend, i have zero interest in pms. this is an issue that many users will suffer from so i would hope that the solution can be highlighted to these same users. i cannot accept the answer currently supplied in this thread. i am not short on understanding linux systems and what has been supplied in this thread simply does not work with vix or vti. i have tried both. is there any other user who can confirm or deny my findings. as said the only difference in my case is that i use dyndns rather than no-ip

Skin
18-10-10, 08:05
my friend, i have zero interest in pms. this ...
The p.m. was for send you the plugin. This is my edited log of inadyn:
INADYN: Started 'INADYN version 1.96' - dynamic DNS updater.
I:INADYN: IP address for alias 'my site' needs update to 'xx.xx.xx.xx'
I:INADYN: Alias 'my site' to IP 'xx.xx.xx.xx' updated successful.
I:INADYN: IP address for alias 'my site' needs update to 'xx.xx.xx.xx'
I:INADYN: Alias 'my site' to IP 'xx.xx.xx.xx' updated successful.
INADYN:IP: Error '0x0' resolving host name 'ip1.dynupdate.no-ip.com'
W: DYNDNS: Error 'RC_IP_INVALID_REMOTE_ADDR' (0x12) when talking to IP server
W:'RC_IP_INVALID_REMOTE_ADDR' (0x12) updating the IPs. (xx xxx)
I:INADYN: IP address for alias 'my site' needs update to 'xx.xx.xx.xxx'
I:INADYN: Alias 'my site' to IP 'xx.xx.xx.xxx' updated successful.

fintannl
20-10-10, 08:13
thanks. that looks fine. but i would like to see the results of the telnet command when loading the ipk. this fails every time for me on vix 1.1

saro
23-04-12, 09:43
Hello,
Can I install and use INADYN in Dreambox 7020 HD ?! (I have CVS image on my DM7020 HD.)

punisher
25-04-12, 23:36
Not sure about this version in dreambox. Try doin a search on google for an inadyn version for dreambox. Ther must b one out there

LUCDC2000
02-05-13, 00:25
Hello
To change enigma2.sh I can not find
or change into inadyn can you please help me
because at each change file enigma2.sh my vu + duo is blocked at startup
here is my file

#!/bin/sh

prefix=/usr
exec_prefix=/usr
datarootdir=${prefix}/share

if [ -x /usr/bin/showiframe -a -f /usr/share/backdrop.mvi ]; then
/usr/bin/showiframe /usr/share/backdrop.mvi
fi

# hook to execute scripts always before enigma2 start
if [ -x /usr/bin/enigma2_pre_start.sh ]; then
/usr/bin/enigma2_pre_start.sh
fi

if [ -d /home/root ]; then
cd /home/root
fi

LIBS=/usr/lib/libopen.so.0.0.0

#check for dreambox specific passthrough helper lib
if [ -e /usr/lib/libpassthrough.so ]; then
LIBS="$LIBS /usr/lib/libpassthrough.so"
fi

(sleep 2; echo "enigma2 is the main pvr application... adjust oom score!"; PID=$(pidof enigma2); \
[ -e /proc/$PID/oom_score_adj ] && echo "-999" > /proc/$PID/oom_score_adj || echo "-17" > /proc/$PID/oom_adj;) &

LD_PRELOAD=$LIBS /usr/bin/enigma2

# enigma2 exit codes:
#
# 0 - restart enigma
# 1 - halt
# 2 - reboot
#
# >128 signal

ret=$?
case $ret in
1)
/sbin/halt