PDA

View Full Version : OpenVPN on VuDue

paretous
05-10-10, 21:56
Hi All, i'm new to the OpenVPN world so would need your help. i have an "important app" on my VuDuo that runs as peer-to-peer, which the local ISP started blocking recently (yes i know you can guess the issue :) ).
i hate to lose my peers.. so thinking of running OpenVPN on the Duo to workaround the ISP issue..
here are the questions i need your help with if you been thru some of this before me...
1. which image best support OpenVPN - how easy it is to install (don't need details, just setting expectation)?
2. has anyone tried this setup on the Duo? does it work OK?
3. any reference on OpenVPN providers out there?
4. are there issues with the providers for port fwding? or will the box be completely exposed once connected?
5. is this the right choice for the setup? or do u recommend something completely different? (i also have the option to do OpenVPN at the router itself, so not sure)

thanks,
P

cryptic x
06-10-10, 17:46
the only one i know of is dreamelite

paretous
06-10-10, 20:36
@Cryptic_X, thank you .. heard about that one.. but was hoping to use a current image like ViX... that's a first step anyways, the black-box after is what i can't get my head around..

Guys, please contribute to the thread with any details or experiences you can share.. this will be most valuable as (possibly) many other Duo owners may be locked in same situation...

Cheers,
P.:.

andyblac
17-11-10, 02:55
@Cryptic_X, thank you .. heard about that one.. but was hoping to use a current image like ViX... that's a first step anyways, the black-box after is what i can't get my head around..

Guys, please contribute to the thread with any details or experiences you can share.. this will be most valuable as (possibly) many other Duo owners may be locked in same situation...

Cheers,
P.:.
i have never used it, but i think i have it installed in the New VIX, but i need a config file to test can you help me create one ?

pooface
22-11-10, 10:27
i have never used it, but i think i have it installed in the New VIX, but i need a config file to test can you help me create one ?

Anyone able to provide this?

cryptic x
22-11-10, 21:36
Hi All, i'm new to the OpenVPN world so would need your help. i have an "important app" on my VuDuo that runs as peer-to-peer, which the local ISP started blocking recently (yes i know you can guess the issue :) ).
i hate to lose my peers.. so thinking of running OpenVPN on the Duo to workaround the ISP issue..
here are the questions i need your help with if you been thru some of this before me...
1. which image best support OpenVPN - how easy it is to install (don't need details, just setting expectation)?
2. has anyone tried this setup on the Duo? does it work OK?
3. any reference on OpenVPN providers out there?
4. are there issues with the providers for port fwding? or will the box be completely exposed once connected?
5. is this the right choice for the setup? or do u recommend something completely different? (i also have the option to do OpenVPN at the router itself, so not sure)

thanks,
P

i think you will find the BlackHole Vu+ Duo v. 1.3.9 Multiboot has open vpn panel