PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] AutoTimer - Series Link with series and episode in the title

Manchester
09-05-13, 11:22
Hi, I'm currently using Vix 3, build 656, and CrossEPG.

When I want to record a series of programmes, I go to the EPG
select the programme that I want to record
press the blue button for auto timer
If the programme is on once a week, I leave all of the settings as they are and save it
If it's on daily, I untick "only on Wednesday..." and save it

The above is fine when say the programme is named "Programme", but when the programme is named "Programme Series 1, Ep 3", then it just records that one, and that one only.

Does anyone know a way around this, so that I can set auto timers for a series with the odd name change thrown in, without having to set it each day?

dfdream
09-05-13, 12:06
This is dependant on the source you use for EPG.
Some sources would be say "Blue Blood" or crossepg often is "New: Blue Blood" so there is always going to be an issue like that.
The best way to set autotimer is to search Match Title to Blue Blood and it will pick up the different programs it finds..
Dont set the Match Title to a short or common word or you will end up with lots of recordings from similar programs.
You might also have to use the SEARCH TYPE set to partial match to achieve the result you need...

Manchester
09-05-13, 12:19
This is dependant on the source you use for EPG.
Some sources would be say "Blue Blood" or crossepg often is "New: Blue Blood" so there is always going to be an issue like that.
The best way to set autotimer is to search Match Title to Blue Blood and it will pick up the different programs it finds..
Dont set the Match Title to a short or common word or you will end up with lots of recordings from similar programs.
You might also have to use the SEARCH TYPE set to partial match to achieve the result you need...

Hmm, I expected as much. There only appears to be two sources for Sky UK 28.2E in CrossEPG.

So, when setting up an AutoTimer, you're first met with this list:

Match title: Programme Series 1, Ep 3
Exact Match
Match Timespan: 21:00-00:00
Only on Weekday: Friday
Only on Service: 123 - whatever channel

Then you get to edit with the following options:

Enabled - Yes
Description - Programme Series 1, Ep 3
Match Title - Programme Series 1, Ep 3
EPG encoding - UTF-8
Search type - exact match
Search strictness - case-sensitive search
Time type - record

So what options would I need to edit, if I just want to search by Programme, bearing in mind this should be a programme which won't occur on this channel and at the set time other than the actual programme that I want to record.

judge
09-05-13, 12:22
I'd first ask, why you are using 2 sources for Sky UK 28.2E?

Manchester
09-05-13, 12:42
I'd first ask, why you are using 2 sources for Sky UK 28.2E?

I'm not!

I was just saying that as it appears to be an EPG naming issue, I've only got 2 to chose from.

I believe it was a Rytec source that contained too much detail for autotimers, so am using the OpenTV source at the moment.

judge
09-05-13, 12:46
OpenTV doesn't usually contain "Programme Series 1, Ep 3" so either delete your EPG & start again with OpenTV or wait till your Rytec source gets fully overwritten.

Manchester
09-05-13, 12:48
OpenTV doesn't usually contain "Programme Series 1, Ep 3" so either delete your EPG & start again with OpenTV or wait till your Rytec source gets fully overwritten.

I've done that already. But would like to know the edits to make whilst setting up an AutoTimer so that it always records.

Thanks though.

garyblas
09-05-13, 13:28
I dont get this problem I only use crossepg and Open Tv.
Works fine for me daily and weekly

guff daddy
09-05-13, 14:10
I dont get this problem I only use crossepg and Open Tv.
Works fine for me daily and weekly
This problem occasionally happens to me even when using OpenTV, e.g I had the series "Louie" set to record on Fox, but the programme title changed to "New: Louie" and it failed to set the timer. I noticed this and change the AutoTimer setting "Search Type" from "Exact Match" to "Partial Match" and it worked fine.

andyblac
09-05-13, 19:54
just set it to serach for 'Louie' and set the search type to 'partial'.

but that may pickup other event that have louie in the name if that happens add a filter to ingore them

Stanman
09-05-13, 20:53
This problem occasionally happens to me even when using OpenTV, e.g I had the series "Louie" set to record on Fox, but the programme title changed to "New: Louie" and it failed to set the timer. I noticed this and change the AutoTimer setting "Search Type" from "Exact Match" to "Partial Match" and it worked fine.

It will do, thats why I have all my timers set to partial match on that service