PDA

View Full Version : Solo 2

Wizard55
08-05-13, 21:53
Hi,

Was thinking of buying a solo 2. Any known issues with the box. Does this box stream to laptop or pc properly,and record 2 channels properly.

I know the box dosent do transcoding properly, what is the limitation on this. Can somebody explanaion that has a solo 2

At the end of the day, I want to able to record one channel and watch another. Stream same channel internally to ipad or pc within my house.

Thanks for any advice lads

Trial
08-05-13, 22:46
Hi,
within your house you do not need transcoding. Transcoding has some limitations on the Solo2 but they are not serious and normally only used when you want to watch TV over the internet (3G) when your not at home.

ciao

s31teg
08-05-13, 23:09
Just got one for my parents, the speed of the box makes it such a joy to use

Larry-G
08-05-13, 23:37
Hi,

Was thinking of buying a solo 2. Any known issues with the box. Does this box stream to laptop or pc properly,and record 2 channels properly.

I know the box dosent do transcoding properly, what is the limitation on this. Can somebody explanaion that has a solo 2

At the end of the day, I want to able to record one channel and watch another. Stream same channel internally to ipad or pc within my house.

Thanks for any advice lads

I have a Solo2 and yes you record multiple channels just fine same as with any other multi tuner Vu+ receiver, and streaming within your own network also works fine as for transcoding sorry i cant help there as honestly i have never tried it, it's just not something that interests me.