PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Channel Number on Info Bar Missing

vijjll
08-05-13, 19:00
I have a VU+ Duo running Vix image 659 (updated today). I have finally managed to get the ABM working now.
Problems:

1. On info bar I do not have a channel number displayed ie 101 BBC1 HD - 101 is missing and just shows BBC1 HD. I would like to get this back. Is it a settings or an image issue.

2. Press down arrow to get the Channel list - this gives the channels with numbers in front such as 101 BBC1 HD, 102 BBC2 HD etc.... Some 3 months back I could press a number eg 3 and go straight to channel list starting with 301 SLyPrem etc ... but this stopped happening sometime at the end of March - I was on version 514 of the software and had not changed any settings etc only used the latest version of MR Mister bouquet at that time. I would like to be able to press a number in channel list to go to that area of the list and see what is on ratehr than having to scroll across multiple pages.

The current settings which I think are relevant are set as:

Channel List> Menu> Settings> "Jump first press in Channel Selection = Number" and "Show Channel numbers in Channel Selection = yes". Have I missed something ?
I have re-booted the box.
I have searched around in the forum but can't find an answer to these. Grateful for any information / ideas you may have.

pooface
08-05-13, 19:19
In regards to getting the channel number on the info bar display, that's likely the skin you were using, or the settings bouquet you were using... If now using autobouquet manager, it does not put the number in front of the channel... You should be able to edit the skin to show the channel you are wanting (best to edit a skin_user for just the screen you want though ;))

Will try to take a look later if I get chance...

andyblac
08-05-13, 19:20
1: this has always been this way, if you want numbers in infobar you need to modify skin, as i don't like them there.

2: this on purpose currently is as follows:

if in current bouquet
pressing 1: #Set focus on current playing service when available in current userbouquet
pressing 2: #set focus on service available from history in current userbouquet

if not in current bouquet.
entering number should jump to channel as before.

if you want it just jump to channels start a poll ask for other people opinions if enough want it i'll recode.

abu baniaz
08-05-13, 22:02
Using Lraizer'a AB, the numbers are shown on the info bar, downside is that you get duplicated numbers when viewing in the bouquet list. Don't know if this can be made an option for ABM.

mickyblueys
08-05-13, 22:08
Using Lraizer'a AB, the numbers are shown on the info bar, downside is that you get duplicated numbers when viewing in the bouquet list. Don't know if this can be made an option for ABM.

You can turn these duplicate numbers off. Through the settings menu.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Rob van der Does
09-05-13, 06:49
Ahh, but then the numbers are part of the channel name. And that's something different (and very confusing if also other bouquets are being used) then real channel numbers (i.e. the numbers used by the box).

s31teg
09-05-13, 07:39
im +1 for channel numbers

danivtec
09-05-13, 08:15
+1 for having the option to do this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
09-05-13, 11:37
Ahh, but then the numbers are part of the channel name. And that's something different (and very confusing if also other bouquets are being used) then real channel numbers (i.e. the numbers used by the box).

Beg to differ. AB and ABM put their channels at the top of existing bouquets. The number which is also part of the name actually corresponds to the channel. With regards to the duplicates, then they can be switched off per earlier post.

andyblac
09-05-13, 20:44
things i do for you guy's ;), will be build 661.

https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/commit/bfea2f37f7d622989dafbc776a56c1f8dc9a7ece

Larry-G
09-05-13, 20:53
things i do for you guy's ;), will be build 661.

https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/commit/bfea2f37f7d622989dafbc776a56c1f8dc9a7ece

I have said it before and will continue to do so, NO image and i mean NO image can rival the direct customer support that ViX and Andyblac offer.

BubbleBalls
09-05-13, 21:08
Great stuff Andy. I remember a post sometime ago stating the Devs are not interested in what users think. How very wrong that poster was. Keep up the great work.

Tapatalker

thecaretaker
09-05-13, 21:08
There seems a number of threads discussing the channel number. I replied to this one with my own user skin using Vix Night HD on image 659. Instructions in post...

Channel number thread (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?20200-New-ViX-Team-VU-Duo-OE3-0-Discussion&p=212770#post212770)

scwheeler
09-05-13, 21:52
Will make the wife very happy :)

hollinshead
10-05-13, 18:49
I have updated to build 662 and changed the settings menu to display channel number in info bar.

However there is no channel number being displayed in the info bar? I have tried rebooting the box and its still the same.

I'm using the VIX HD night skin, am I missing something? :confused:

andyblac
10-05-13, 19:17
I have updated to build 662 and changed the settings menu to display channel number in info bar.

However there is no channel number being displayed in the info bar? I have tried rebooting the box and its still the same.

I'm using the VIX HD night skin, am I missing something? :confused:
can't see how you can have for duo as 662 is not online yet.

hollinshead
10-05-13, 19:51
can't see how you can have for duo as 662 is not online yet.

I have a GB Quad, but I'm presuming the functionality is the same as it has the option in the settings menu?

Rob van der Does
10-05-13, 20:32
I have a GB Quad, but I'm presuming the functionality is the same as it has the option in the settings menu?
Yes .

s31teg
10-05-13, 20:59
my parents will be happy, THANKS!

s31teg
12-05-13, 11:34
just updated to 664, channel numbers are excellent addition !

to enable go to menu-setup-system-user interface-settings

danivtec
12-05-13, 15:11
This is excellent feature, any chance that the numbers can be added to the graphical EPG?

hollinshead
12-05-13, 19:34
This is excellent feature, any chance that the numbers can be added to the graphical EPG?

+1

I would like this also.

abu baniaz
13-05-13, 05:21
+1

I would like this also.

Andy has already implemented it. See post 20.

andyblac
13-05-13, 15:11

currently not possible.

abu baniaz
13-05-13, 16:05
Sorry about my erroneous post above.

If you want the number in the epg, use a bouquet/maker with the numbers. Lraizer's one does it. Maybe post this request in the ABM thread?

Rob van der Does
13-05-13, 16:08
That brings us back to square 1: adding a number to a channel name is not the same as using E2-channelnumbers.

Larry-G
13-05-13, 16:11
Sorry about my erroneous post above.

If you want the number in the epg, use a bouquet/maker with the numbers. Lraizer's one does it. Maybe post this request in the ABM thread?

As already discussed LraiZers plugin does not add channel numbers it simply renames the channel names, this is not the correct or recommended behaviour. Andys code adds the channel number into the VFD and Info bar without Tampering with the channel names.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

abu baniaz
13-05-13, 16:24
At the end of the day, it is what works best for for a person without breaking other functions. In this thread someone has asked to have channel numbers on info bar, someone else has asked for it on epg menu. We cant have everything we want. Having what is possible is always a bonus.

Yes you are right that the numbers are added to the names in Lraizers bouquets. Using his bouquets will still show the numbers even if the show numbers is disabled in the image. This is optional in his plugin. As mentioned before, as the chanenls are at the top of the list, numbers correspond to (numbers & names).

vijjll
15-05-13, 21:52
Thank you, Andyblac for all the work you guys put in. I have not yet updated to the new image but will let you know as soon as I get back to try it out. Novices like me just will not be able to use these boxes without you. I am desperately trying to learn at present.