PDA

View Full Version : recommend a receiver

robti
07-05-13, 15:56
Sorry to post another one of these recommend a receiver threads but i am totally lost on what to pick.

At the moment i have an old TM 6800 whith a twin lnb and discq motor, i will only probably be using it for satellite viewing as i have a HTPC in the unit next to it for all media functions.

I was looking at the TM -2T and the solo2 but can't justify the extra £100 (nearly) for the solo2.

So my main points would be good timeshift, epg, and twin tuners what would you recommend

Thanks

Robert

Larry-G
07-05-13, 16:05
Sorry to post another one of these recommend a receiver threads but i am totally lost on what to pick.

At the moment i have an old TM 6800 whith a twin lnb and discq motor, i will only probably be using it for satellite viewing as i have a HTPC in the unit next to it for all media functions.

I was looking at the TM -2T and the solo2 but can't justify the extra £100 (nearly) for the solo2.

So my main points would be good timeshift, epg, and twin tuners what would you recommend

Thanks

Robert

The TM 2T is a very nice and capable little receiver but at the moment it is suffering a few driver related issues affecting recordings etc, other than that the hardware is great for the price and i use one my self. The solo2 for the extra price is in a totally different universe to the 2T and comparing the two is a very difficult thing as they are intended for totally different markets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

robti
07-05-13, 20:37
they are intended for totally different markets.

Can you expand on this please

Larry-G
07-05-13, 21:03
Can you expand on this please

There just totally different machines, the solo2 is currently the most powerful satellite receiver you can buy, capable of on the fly transcoding so that you can stream live content through the Internet to a iPad for example. The TM is a decent little work house but its like comparing a Ferrari with a ford Mondeo.

They will both do every thing you need but one will do that and more while still having more in the tank.

Stanman
08-05-13, 12:31
Buy the solo2 you won't go wrong, best bit of kit on the market and least hassle getting things working on it ie sub tuners etc .