PDA

View Full Version : 'Twin Tuner Configuration': Does anyone have a definitive solution? ...please

Osamo1956
05-05-13, 22:31
It's the same old chestnut I’m afraid: Tuner configuration.

I have a single fixed dish with both tuners set to 28.2e so I can record one channel while simultaneously watching another.
However, I’m still getting the ‘no free tuner' message.

The error isn’t because I’m asking the Duo to record two live transmissions while simultaneously watching a third. I know that the Duo can’t do that (unless they share transponders bla bla). :confused:

Tuner Setup:
From what I’ve read, the consensus of opinion appears to be ‘set both to simple’.
I’ve tried various configurations but still have the problem.
I’ve checked that both coax from the LNB are alive and well (2 x feeds from a quad block):
I’ve tried each coax one at a time in tuner A and Tuner B. All options prove that both tuners and both LNB feeds are fine.

...But still ...the dastardly ‘no free tuner’ message appears.

Is there a definitive tuner setup for the VU+ Duo?

garyblas
05-05-13, 22:36
both mine set to simple and single, never get your error message.

Maybe an actual tuner error on your box?

judge
05-05-13, 23:01
once again, can you please stop with all the text formatting, it really doesn't make your posts any easier to read.

How are you generating your channel lists?
also please take a screenshot of your tuner congiguration screen & upload it here.

Tkr001
05-05-13, 23:04
Is one channel vertical and the other horizontal polarity? If so maybe your LNB isn't a true quad but just 4 ports. I vaguely remember this being a posibility but its also likely I just talking out of my a*se. If they are same polarity I am stumped.

Osamo1956
06-05-13, 00:19
Thanks for your responses. I'll check it all out tomorrow + will take screen shots etc.

Apologies to Judge regarding all the text formatting. I wonder why the forum has the option to use text formatting?
Is it a forum rule or just your
Pers0na1 0piNi0n ???

(I jest in good faith Judge ...point taken & acknowledged) "Please imagine smiling Face Here"

judge
06-05-13, 00:39
Just Pers0na1 0piNi0n
Probably doesn't annoy everyone as much as me, just puts me off trying to read your PoSTs.

Rob van der Does
06-05-13, 07:07
....Probably doesn't annoy everyone as much as me, just puts me off trying to read your .
Same here :p

In 'Customize' what is 'preferred tuner' set to?

Osamo1956
06-05-13, 07:08
Ha! ...'touché monsieur Juge'
No problem, I'll take the format-free route ..and dont worry ...I'll cut out the French too. (grins)
I will be getting back to my VU+ query later today.

Osamo1956
09-05-13, 12:52
My preferred tuner is set to 'auto'.

Osamo1956
09-05-13, 13:09
Next novice dumb question:
How do I take a screenshot that will include my onscreen vix settings?
Only know how to take OpenWebIf shot. Ta.

judge
09-05-13, 13:36
Next novice dumb question:
How do I take a screenshot that will include my onscreen vix settings?
Only know how to take OpenWebIf shot. Ta.

Grab tutorial (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12554-Tutorial-How-to-make-a-screenshot-dump-from-your-satellite-receiver&p=90834&viewfull=1#post90834).

Ejmcl
21-08-13, 19:20
Did you get a solutions in the end...
I seem to have the same problem.

abu baniaz
21-08-13, 19:37
@EJmcl

Please describe your dish/lnb/switch/wiring physical setup for dish input 1
Please describe your dish/lnb/switch/wiring physical setup for dish input 2
Please describe your tuner configuration for dish input 1
Please describe your tuner configuration for dish input 2