PDA

View Full Version : How to setup CrossEPG for sky uk with ViX 3.0.

Larry-G
05-05-13, 22:01
This tutorial shows how to easily and quickly setup a working 7 day EPG for sky uk using the ViX image, This is the exact method that i my self use and it rarely if ever gives me any problems.

Adrian_london
12-10-13, 15:39
Thank you for the link and advise. I will give it a go shortly and let you know how I get on.

Adrian

Burnham
12-10-13, 16:47
Thanks for post. Followed all the steps to the letter on a VU+Duo and I can't get it to work. The VU+Duo has latest 750 image and virtually no extras loaded.

I spent so much time on this already I will probably give up and switch to XMLTV.

Any suggestions on how to get CRoss EPG to work every time?

judge
12-10-13, 17:55
What Cross EPG sources are you selecting? & what happens when you press blue -> CrossEPG downloader?

Burnham
14-10-13, 14:43
Thanks for helping. I have selected only one source - Sky Astra2 28.2 under the OpenTV providers tab.

When I press blue -> CrossEPG downloader it sometimes does a full download. It completes the process to the end with all channels updated correctly. Occasionally it won't work at all, it just hangs. But what I really want is a reliable overnight download, and this I find fails with CrossEPG more often than it works.

Reading elsewhere I understand that the VU+Duo is resource hungry and that a swap file might help. But I am having problems setting up the swap file - that problem really ought to go in a separate thread as this is a generic thread on CrossEPG.

ashthekid
23-10-13, 10:05
Great guide, thank you.

marks1
01-12-13, 20:57
great guide im having a bit of trouble though. I have a vu+ duo usb in the formatted to fat 32 but when I go into the settings to change the internal flash to usb I only get internal flash or /media/hdd/. has anyone got an idea where I might of missed something or is /media/hdd/ the same as /media/usb/

Larry-G
01-12-13, 20:59
The HDD is a perfect place to save the EPG to so i'd just use that rather than the USB.

marks1
01-12-13, 21:43
that's great epg all sorted then ive got a 1TB external hard drive in the back usb that i am going to use for recordings so it will all get saved there. thanks for your help

abu baniaz
04-07-16, 17:09
PDF attached