PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal?

beagooner
05-10-10, 09:08
Hi guys,

My duo is running the VIX 1.1 image. I also have a motorized setup pointing at Astra 28.2 and Hotbird 13E with a Tivusat smarcam. If I watch the Astra channels for a while and return to the Hotbird channels the duo doesn't seem to recognize that there is a cam inserted until I rest the box. Is this normal?

Thanking you all in advance & kind regards.

BG.

Sicilian
05-10-10, 10:04
Could be how the Duo behaves with the cam. I would email vuplus direct with this issue: -

alex@vuplus.com

Sicilian
05-10-10, 12:57
Another thing you could do is use Oscam and one of the card slots. Then just update your card with MGcamd once a week.

beagooner
05-10-10, 13:03
Hi Sicillian,

Thanks for your replies. I wouldn't have a clue as to where to start. Are there any threads I could read that could get me up to speed bearing in mind I still need my CCcam to read my Astra card. I would have thought the Tivusat cam should work straight out of the box once the dish is pointing to Hotbird! It is also kinda baffling that it clears the encrypted channels but only after a restart of the box.

Kind regards,
BG.

Sicilian
05-10-10, 13:07
Hi Sicillian,

Thanks for your replies. I wouldn't have a clue as to where to start. Are there any threads I could read that could get me up to speed bearing in mind I still need my CCcam to read my Astra card. I would have thought the Tivusat cam should work straight out of the box once the dish is pointing to Hotbird!

Kind regards,
BG.

Regards the cam I'd email VU+ direct. I've read about another cam behaving this way, cant remember which though.

I'll see if I can get some configs together in the next couple of days for your Tivusat card. You can run both Oscam and CCcam. Then once a week just disable CCcam and enable MGcamd, switch to Rai1, takes seconds for the card to update that way. Leave it with me and I'll try get a few things together for you.

beagooner
05-10-10, 13:50
Thank you. I've emailed the Vuplus address you gave earlier in the thread. Thanks again for the support. Much appreciated.