PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Hard Disk Spins on Channel Change?

GAH2402
03-05-13, 21:52
Hi Guys,

Juis noticed my hard disk spins (i.e. wakes up) when I change channel after it's been on channel for a few minutes (my hard disk is set to go into standby after 1 minute). My picons are stored on USB, so no reason for the hard disk to wake up. It also means I get the VIX spinning logo when I change channel! I'm on Build 656, so I went back to a 649 and the problem went away. I then did an online update the 656 and the problem re-appeared!

Any suggestions, ot is anyone else having the same problem?

GAH

Mr. Mister
03-05-13, 21:56
Do you have picons saved to you HDD.. ?

If yes.. Then thats the cause..

Put them on usb stick.. or flash..

Rob van der Does
03-05-13, 21:57
Are you sure there is no folder named 'picon' left on your HDD?

GAH2402
04-05-13, 08:57
Hi,

Thaks for the suggestions.

As stated in my original post, my pcons are on my USB stick and have NEVER been on my hard drive. also. there is definitely no folder on my hard drive named picon. If there was, I'd have the same issues on Build 459, which I don't. It's only when I update to the latest unstable build (656) that the problem returns.

Is there a setting somewhere to tell the system the path to the picons? Just for info, the picons do display properly.

GAH

Tkr001
04-05-13, 10:03
I hope you aren't doing an online update from 459. You need to flash.

Larry-G
04-05-13, 10:14
so which build did you update from then ?.

GAH2402
04-05-13, 10:28
Hi Guys,

Sorry, that should have read Build 649!

I was on Build 656 as I always do online updates when they become available, and went back to an earlier backup (649) and the problem disappeared.

Anyway, I'm off on holiday in about 5 minutes, so will do a fresh flash with no restore when I come back!

Thanks again for all the help and suggestions.

GAH

norhap
28-05-13, 23:56
Are you sure there is no folder named 'picon' left on your HDD?
the problem is not reading folders on the hdd,

Hi Guys,

Sorry, that should have read Build 649!

I was on Build 656 as I always do online updates when they become available, and went back to an earlier backup (649) and the problem disappeared.

Anyway, I'm off on holiday in about 5 minutes, so will do a fresh flash with no restore when I come back!

Thanks again for all the help and suggestions.

GAH
the problem is the fstab.old. after installing the new build, you have to rename the new fstab-opkg to fstab ... then mount your device from the mounting devices that recorded the UUID.

fogo.

Rob van der Does
29-05-13, 06:19
Is there a setting somewhere to tell the system the path to the picons? Just for info, the picons do display properly.
No, there is no setting for that. Enigma will look into all roots to see if a folder /picon is there. If so, it will be used.

GAH2402
29-05-13, 08:33
Hi Guys,

Just realized I didn't update this post when I came back from holiday!

When I did come back there was a stable update available, so I thought I try that first and I updated. That solved the problem! I can't remember the build number, but I updated around 12th May. Since then I haven't had any problems.

GAH

norhap
29-05-13, 08:55
the problem is not reading folders on the hdd,

the problem is the fstab.old. after installing the new build, you have to rename the new fstab-opkg to fstab ... then mount your device from the mounting devices that recorded the UUID.

fogo.

build 668:

umm, that's not the problem ... thought I had fixed, makes it much less, but it happens on certain channels ...... I am looking ... may be the epg.

norhap
29-05-13, 09:21
these tests are updates from the feed, this afternoon I install from scratch and story ....

vu+ ultimo.