PDA

View Full Version : Tune Failed

sid786
02-05-13, 12:03
Hi Guys,

I have flashed multiple twins without any issue , I think i may have got a faulty one...

Symptoms are:-

Initially voice on my telly was stuttering or i was kind of getting static / interference on my telly with sound coming out.

I turned off the receiver, left it off for a while, then plugged it back on and now all i get is tune failed.

Tuner settings were not changed at all. it was working fine till i did a power-cycle.

I have tried to reflash it without any luck , would you agree that receiver has packed in?

(Tried setting the tuner to automatic let it do the scan but tuner fails)

Satfinder doesnt show anything stays on 0% for SNR/Signal quality

Dish feed is working fine as other receivers on same feed seem to operate normal.

Literally pulling my hair out now...

abu baniaz
02-05-13, 20:21
"Dish feed is working fine as other receivers on same feed seem to operate normal". I am trying to figure out what you mean by "other receivers on same feed".

All that confirms is that alignement is not an issue. I would connect the twin to the other cable that does not give issues or try another receiver in the current troublesome setup. This will rule out cabling/lnb port faults.

sid786
02-05-13, 21:52
"Dish feed is working fine as other receivers on same feed seem to operate normal". I am trying to figure out what you mean by "other receivers on same feed".

All that confirms is that alignement is not an issue. I would connect the twin to the other cable that does not give issues or try another receiver in the current troublesome setup. This will rule out cabling/lnb port faults.

What i meant is basically, I have got few "tm-twin-oe" and i have tried them, they work fine on same cable/feed

However this receiver does not want to pick up any signal at all.

I even took the faulty or troublesome receiver to dish feed in another room , still tuner failed. (this was brand new receiver out of box)

abu baniaz
03-05-13, 07:13
Speak to your retailer, definitely seems faulty.

sid786
03-05-13, 22:12
I bought from manufacturer direct, have returned it for repair / replacement