PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Box turns on after crossepg

garyblas
02-05-13, 09:16
I have always auto shutdown my box at 2am and updated crossepg at 4am.
This has worked fine and leaves my box in standby.

I have noticed since my last build update to 655 (may of been earlier) that every morning my box is not in standby any more,, I assume this is something to do with crossepg update ?

Cant find any settings for this but definate change to past builds, anyone know why or how to ensure stays in standby?

garyblas
02-05-13, 13:21
Anyone got answers?

mickyblueys
02-05-13, 13:36
I had a problem with my power timers on one of my duo's a little similar recently. I had to reflash to get them to work properly again

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

garyblas
02-05-13, 19:22
Power timers working perfectly.
Have found that when crossepg updates it takes box out of standby and leaves switched on.

It never used to do this, has new build software changed this function?

Larry-G
03-05-13, 10:32
Power timers working perfectly.
Have found that when crossepg updates it takes box out of standby and leaves switched on.

It never used to do this, has new build software changed this function?

As far as I can remember nothing has changed in this area for a long time. What I would do is set the time for the EPG download, then set a power timer for say 10 minutes later to go back into deepstandby.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Rob van der Does
03-05-13, 10:59
I use Cross daily at 4.00AM (for Open-TV) for a box that is always in normal use (i.e. most of the time it will be in normal standby). This never leaves the box 'on'.
However: if Cross awakes the box from deep standby you'll need a powertimer to get the box asleep again.
Nothing has been changed in this area for ages, so no idea why you experience a different behaviour lately.

garyblas
03-05-13, 11:56
I use Cross daily at 4.00AM (for Open-TV) for a box that is always in normal use (i.e. most of the time it will be in normal standby). This never leaves the box 'on'.
However: if Cross awakes the box from deep standby you'll need a powertimer to get the box asleep again.
Nothing has been changed in this area for ages, so no idea why you experience a different behaviour lately.

Mine never used to leave on.. I only ever put box into normal standby. Will play about with power timers to see if fixes problem
Just thought would ask as never behaved like this till recent updates?

TK4|2|1
03-05-13, 14:03
Same here too.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs.

garyblas
03-05-13, 20:54
Same here too.

Has yours only started this after recent update

TK4|2|1
04-05-13, 06:46
Yes, although I'm not to bothered about it. It could also be ABM, as mine is scheduled to scan at 1am.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

Sicilian
04-05-13, 06:49
Add a swapfile to USB stick.

Larry-G
04-05-13, 06:50
All of my boxes use ABM and return back into standby just fine after it's use and after CrossEPG has populated.

TK4|2|1
04-05-13, 07:48
All of my boxes use ABM and return back into standby just fine after it's use and after CrossEPG has populated.

Like I say I'm not too bothered by it, not 1 for saving the planet. Lol.

andyblac
05-05-13, 12:31
Like I say I'm not too bothered by it, not 1 for saving the planet. Lol.

just as well :), irc, there no power difference between full power on and normal standby, apart from hdd not spinning.

Rob van der Does
05-05-13, 12:45
just as well :), irc, there no power difference between full power on and normal standby, apart from hdd not spinning.
And no video-and audio output, although that will not make any (measurable) difference. And, depending on the box, LNB-power can be cut off as well.

TK4|2|1
05-05-13, 15:44
Just to throw some more wood on the fire.
Last night I slept on the sofa with my son, as he was being sick. I switched off box at 10.30pm (standby), I wake up an hour later and it's back on. I have nothing set to update/download till 1am ABM, and crossEPG 4am

Wierd huh??

Rob van der Does
05-05-13, 19:40
Just to throw some more wood on the fire.
Last night I slept on the sofa with my son, as he was being sick. I switched off box at 10.30pm (standby), I wake up an hour later and it's back on. I have nothing set to update/download till 1am ABM, and crossEPG 4am
And do the debuglogs give any clue?

garyblas
05-05-13, 20:14
whats a debug log?

garyblas
05-05-13, 20:19

Upgraded to build 658 and seems to be working again not , ie. leaving box in standby....

For info

Full Power is 65W Normal operation 30W standby 1W

Larry-G
05-05-13, 20:30
Full Power is 65W Normal operation 30W standby 1W

deep standby maybe but regular standby just kills the video and audio feeds, in regular standby your receiver is still running at pretty much full power.

garyblas
05-05-13, 20:31
deep standby maybe but regular standby just kills the video and audio feeds, in regular standby your receiver is still running at pretty much full power.

Will look at deep standby, never used so dont know difference.

Rob van der Does
05-05-13, 20:42
...and depending on the tasks (recording/streaming), maybe using HDD as well.

garyblas
05-05-13, 20:51
so deep standby kills box ? unable to record etc?

Larry-G
05-05-13, 20:55
so deep standby kills box ? unable to record etc?

most receivers including the duo will wake from deep standby 5 minutes before a recording is due to take place and return back into deep standby afterwards.

garyblas
05-05-13, 21:04
Ok thanks, just tried deep sleep works ok but take about 2 mins to come back to life. Cheers

Rob van der Does
06-05-13, 06:22
Deep sleep actually can save you some money. Say the box uses an average of 20 Watt during stand by versus 0.5 Watt in deep sleep. If the box is in actual use for 4 hours a day that will save you some 400W per day. That is 26KWh a year.

garyblas
06-05-13, 08:02
Is there a way of putting box into deep sleep if for example no channel change for xx hours?

Larry-G
06-05-13, 08:06
ViX has a custom made and very highly customization power timers option where you can set all kinds of timers for auto deep standby and wake up. cant say it's something that has ever really interested me but i know a lot of people use them.

garyblas
06-05-13, 08:13
ViX has a custom made and very highly customization power timers option where you can set all kinds of timers for auto deep standby and wake up. cant say it's something that has ever really interested me but i know a lot of people use them.

Found the following, is sleep delay the time setting for inactivity?

wullboy
06-05-13, 10:01
I leave my box on standby every night [ doesn't most peeps do that with there box at night time ??] i just don't see the reason for deep standby, anyway, 99% in the morning when i come down to my box it is on... iv`e had this problem for easily 6 months, [ and im am on build 649 at the moment, and builds before also gave me this problem ] in fact i`m sure i asked this question on this site about this problem a long time ago and never got to the root problem, anyway i have sent in quite a few debug logs about this, so still waiting to see if any of the guys can see where i`m going wrong within my set-up, as i said, it`s about 99% of the time the box is on in the morning ??? so it could be something in my set-up...cheers !!

andyblac
06-05-13, 10:35
I leave my box on standby every night [ doesn't most peeps do that with there box at night time ??] i just don't see the reason for deep standby, anyway, 99% in the morning when i come down to my box it is on... iv`e had this problem for easily 6 months, [ and im am on build 649 at the moment, and builds before also gave me this problem ] in fact i`m sure i asked this question on this site about this problem a long time ago and never got to the root problem, anyway i have sent in quite a few debug logs about this, so still waiting to see if any of the guys can see where i`m going wrong within my set-up, as i said, it`s about 99% of the time the box is on in the morning ??? so it could be something in my set-up...cheers !!

for a test, try default vix image (no extra plugins) place in standby at night see what is like in the morning.

wullboy
08-05-13, 13:29
At this moment in time andy, i only have crossepg, yweb, and what comes with the image, anyway.. default image meaning [ take ALL plugin off the image i`m running at the moment ?? ]

andyblac
08-05-13, 13:44
At this moment in time andy, i only have crossepg, yweb, and what comes with the image, anyway.. default image meaning [ take ALL plugin off the image i`m running at the moment ?? ]

just flash and setup sat and crossepg, no restore, or install any plugin's.

wullboy
08-05-13, 21:46
ok m8, will get round to it, but at the moment i`ve did some tweaking to epg and this morning the box was not on ???

judge
08-05-13, 21:59
debug log or it's all just guessing.

wullboy
09-05-13, 20:38
debug log or it's all just guessing.

Ask any mod who deals with debug logs for this issue......they must have about 2 dozen of them m8 ???

pooface
10-05-13, 07:41
ok m8, will get round to it, but at the moment i`ve did some tweaking to epg and this morning the box was not on ???

What box is it you have? And how many sources you importing?

My guess is it's crossepg causing the issue. I myself have it when setting too many sources to download. Sometimes on the solo it does it with only sky UK setting... however, Ultimo is usually fine with about 6 sources, but then that had more memory

Rob van der Does
10-05-13, 07:51
What box is it you have? And how many sources you importing?

My guess is it's crossepg causing the issue. I myself have it when setting too many sources to download. Sometimes on the solo it does it with only sky UK setting... however, Ultimo is usually fine with about 6 sources, but then that had more memory

You can very well be correct: if Cross causes a crash, Linux will restart E2 and the box will be 'on'. However: in that case a crashlog will be present, and (probably) not all EPG-data will have been populated.

wullboy
10-05-13, 10:34
just flash and setup sat and crossepg, no restore, or install any plugin's.

OK Andy, i have flashed a clean image, and downloaded crossepg only m8, so lets see how it goes over the next few days m8 [ i did put my back-up bouquets back on to the new image however ?? ]

wullboy
10-05-13, 10:38
You can very well be correct: if Cross causes a crash, Linux will restart E2 and the box will be 'on'. However: in that case a crashlog will be present, and (probably) not all EPG-data will have been populated.

Rob van der does m8, it does leave a log but not a crash log, it leaves a debug log, and they have all been sent over to be looked at over the last ccouple of months ??

Rob van der Does
10-05-13, 11:57
Rob van der does m8, it does leave a log but not a crash log,..
Then it is not a crash.

pooface
10-05-13, 14:20

no... because the box dies a restart due to memory problems... there are no crash logs, just debug logs, with "killed" or something to that effect just before the end of the crash log...

Rob van der Does
10-05-13, 14:37
no... because the box dies a restart due to memory problems... there are no crash logs, just debug logs, with "killed" or something to that effect just before the end of the crash log...
Yep, you're correct.

andyblac
10-05-13, 15:07
try with a swap, once Timeshift is done, i'll move on to CrossEpg.

pooface
10-05-13, 15:50

Already using a swap and that cache plugin, and sometimes still have problems with the solo ... and that only had sky UK set. But it isn't very often...

guff daddy
11-05-13, 15:56
Interesting - are you going to look into getting CrossEPG to do continual EPG updates via the unused tuner on a multi-tuner box? Please say yes...

Rob van der Does
11-05-13, 15:58
Interesting - are you going to look into getting CrossEPG to do continual EPG updates via the unused tuner on a multi-tuner box? Please say yes...
Not to say atm: it looks like Cross is going to have a major re-write.

pooface
11-05-13, 16:08

Think it would be good if andy could write it to go fetch us a beer when watching footy and ran out automatically... Shame though, I don't think it's going to happen :( hehe

Larry-G
13-05-13, 18:00
Think it would be good if andy could write it to go fetch us a beer when watching footy and ran out

I second this request, but would prefer it during the rugby or F1 as frankly I can't stand football.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

wullboy
17-05-13, 13:55
OK Andy, i have flashed a clean image, and downloaded crossepg only m8, so lets see how it goes over the next few days m8 [ i did put my back-up bouquets back on to the new image however ?? ]

ok, have been running my box on build665 for about a week, and the box has not been on in the morning, so i have now install plugins.... webif & skin magic-hd-night, so lets see what happens over the next few days with the 2 new plugins on the image to see if the box starts to come on in the morning !!!....cheers....

judge
17-05-13, 14:29
...so i have now install plugins.... webif & skin magic-hd-night

why are you installing webif? or is it for something else?

wullboy
17-05-13, 15:15
why are you installing webif? or is it for something else?

W,ell we don't now what it is that's leaving the box on, so i`m installing plugins one at a time [ yes iv`e just installed 2 ?? ] just to try and find out what it is that cause`s the box to stay on after the epg has loaded from the timer settings, ???

judge
17-05-13, 15:33
webif is installed by default in the image though :confused:

wullboy
17-05-13, 17:31
webif is installed by default in the image though :confused:

mmmmmmm...are we sure m8 :confused:cause openwebif is not

Rob van der Does
17-05-13, 17:58
Yes: in all ViX-images OpenWebIF is installed by default.

wullboy
17-05-13, 18:29
Yes: in all ViX-images OpenWebIF is installed by default.

ok...i`ll remove the plugin i downloaded today then, as i did not see it in the plugins, thats why i downloaded it ??

pooface
17-05-13, 18:50
ok...i`ll remove the plugin i downloaded today then, as i did not see it in the plugins, thats why i downloaded it ??

If you go to menu -> plugins -> openwebif, you should be able to config your openwebif... As default, if you got to the local internal ip address of your box, you will see if the openwebif...

wullboy
19-05-13, 11:31
well this morning i found my box on, now up until now, everything was ok with the box not coming on in the morning, so the difference this time was,i put webif & magic-hd-night hd skin into the image, i have sent the debug log on be looked at to see if anybody can work out what is going on [ im running on build 665 ]..... but here`s the debug log anyway....cheers

wullboy
22-05-13, 18:17
ok, had box on today again, this time i removed webif from the image, so this left my own bouquets and the skin.... magic-hd-night...within the image, now i had also re-timed my crossepg to come on at a later time than my usual time, so what i have noticed, is that the box stays on after the epg has run, so i have sent the debug log to the guys in charge and here it is a well ???

Rob van der Does
22-05-13, 19:25
Why and how the remove the WEB-IF?
Pre-installed plugins can't be de-installed.

wullboy
22-05-13, 21:00

Well if i go into menu/plugins, all i`ve got showing in there is CrossEPG Downloader...... nothing else showing ??...... web-if was showing in the plug-ins yesterday before i removed it ??

duoduo
22-05-13, 21:05
Sorry to jump in, i reflashed my box last week and now experience issues with CrossEPG. Its not the same issue as above, my problem is that when I download crossepg it completes dl and then gets stuck at the end, the front panel says dvb service and i have to physically press 101 to get a channel up. There is no crash so no logs to send. The epg only goes as far as Fri night which coincides with 7 days since reflash. I have set up bbc one to start on boot up but as i say screen stays on boot up screen with dvd service on panel. In addition even i go inti my hdd to view recorded films etc the listings are empty for about 5 seconds vix in corner spins and then they show.

Please advise.

Rob van der Does
22-05-13, 21:12
Well if i go into menu/plugins, all i`ve got showing in there is CrossEPG Downloader...... nothing else showing ??...... web-if was showing in the plug-ins yesterday before i removed it ??
So again :

OK, maybe I should have said 'Pre-installed plugins can't be de-installed' without getting problems'. Of course you can make them not to work, that isn't hard to do.....

wullboy
22-05-13, 21:34
pre-installed WEB-IFwas made inactive 2 days ago, and box is still on in the morning, only plugin showing is cross-EPG....?????

duoduo
28-05-13, 08:03
Has a fix been found for this problem guys? I updated to 668 last week from 665 and my box has been on each morning. Going on jollys shortly and wouldn't want my box to be permanently on whilst i am away.

Rob van der Does
28-05-13, 08:17
No fix, as no problem has been found (and nothing has been changed in this area).
Standby or 'on' makes no difference at all, so I presume you want the box to be in deep sleep?
If you want the box to be in deep sleep after the import (and want the daily imports to continue while you're away) just set an powertimer (to deep sleep, some 15 minutes after the import time). That way you're sure about the box being switched off.

wullboy
28-05-13, 20:17
Has a fix been found for this problem guys? I updated to 668 last week from 665 and my box has been on each morning. Going on jollys shortly and wouldn't want my box to be permanently on whilst i am away.

M8, got a question for you....have you got your epg file located on a usb stick [ media/usb/ ]

duoduo
28-05-13, 22:26
Yes and since i did that i have had a few minor issues one of which is crossepg. I have put it back to hdd this morning so will see what happens in the morning.

duoduo
31-05-13, 17:27
Ok so still turning on when i wake up in the morning, so not sure how to get to the bottom of this. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to make the box go into standby after the box as been inactive for so many hours? This would solve my problem whilst I'm away

pooface
31-05-13, 17:37
Ok so still turning on when i wake up in the morning, so not sure how to get to the bottom of this. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to make the box go into standby after the box as been inactive for so many hours? This would solve my problem whilst I'm away

Menu -> Timers -> Power Timers

duoduo
01-06-13, 09:08
Power timers didn't work for me it kept asking do i want To action standby which wouldnt work if i wasnt in front of my box to accept . I played around with the timers for abm and epg update i. E. Abm set to update at 1pm and epg update 00.30am, i am convinced that it was epg that was keppkeeping the box on because it was always on bbc 1 when i got up which it was set to. Anyway this morning the box was in standby, result! It may just be a coincidence but my thoughts were if i set abm update after epg it would put the box back to sleep (standby).

wullboy
15-06-13, 07:55
Im running build 679 on my duo and i`m still getting the box staying on after running the EPG in the morning, i`m running a bare image with the standard plugins that come within the image, now this is not all the time, but over the last week or so, ive had it sitting on twice, so ive sent the debug log onto the boys to see if they can come up with what is going on,

twol
15-06-13, 10:44
I am on 680 and happened to me again last night... It has been a fairly regular event.... And avreal pain withe wife if I have forgotten to turn off the amp:)