PDA

View Full Version : Hanging on start

Armpit1UK
30-04-13, 23:25
Evening folks, I'm just setting up my new box and all seemed to be going well until I started adding plugins. The Vix spinner has appeared and the box has frozen. I had to switch the box off at the back and now it isn't getting past the startup page with the spinner and "Please Wait", I've been waiting for ten mins now. Have I done something bad? Please help!!!:confused:

Larry-G
30-04-13, 23:27
Which plugins exactly ?.

also try flashing the image again you can get the latest stable version from www.openvix.co.uk

Armpit1UK
30-04-13, 23:28
Tried again and it's stuck at 49%.

judge
30-04-13, 23:53
I'd do as pheonix suggests, fresh flash.
Wait out the 49% error & don't restore any backups.

Armpit1UK
30-04-13, 23:56
How do I install a fresh flash please? I've only had the box for a few hours?

Larry-G
01-05-13, 00:01
download the latest image from www.openvix.co.uk

Extract the archive and copy the folder named update to a formatted ( FAT 32 ) USB stick.
insert the USB stick into any of the USB ports and fully power down the receiver by the rear power switch.
power the receiver back on and follow the instructions on the VFD of the receiver,

it should take 3 to 4 minutes to flash the receiver.

Larry-G
01-05-13, 00:02
also can you answer my question, which plugins exactly ?? were you installing to the image.

Armpit1UK
01-05-13, 00:27
Back up and running again now. I think the plugin where the trouble started was UnPN?

Larry-G
01-05-13, 00:41
Make a image or settings backup then slowly install your plugins again one at a time, rebooting the receiver in between each plugin install to see if it happens again.

To make backups.

Blue button> ViX> backup manager = This creates a backup of your settings and plugins etc, you can use this to restore to a newly installed ViX image.
Blue button> ViX> Image manager = This creates a full backup of your entire image, you can use this backup in the same way as any image by flashing it from a USB stick.

Armpit1UK
01-05-13, 00:41
Which which plugins should I use to share & ftp with the box?

Larry-G
01-05-13, 00:43
The FTP protocol is already installed and active in the image by default, you just need a FTP program on your PC setup to login to the receiver as for sharing if you mean card sharing then i'm sorry but that is a forbidden topic on this forum and we cant help you with that, we can help you to setup a legally held subscription card.

Armpit1UK
01-05-13, 00:51
I'm not talking about cardsharing, I'm trying to connect using filezilla but it cant connect. I'm using my ip+root and leaving the password blank but it cant connect.

Larry-G
01-05-13, 01:14
are you sure it's the correct ip address ?.

Armpit1UK
01-05-13, 13:29
Hi, I finally got the box and filezilla sorted out but my main issue still remains. I have flashed the box 5 times now and have set it up fresh The problem actually seems to occur when I have accessed Catseyes full sat list in the plugins menu as it works ok until I restart the box, it then loads to around 50% and says "please wait" with the Vix spinner appearing occasionally. I rang World of Sat this morning to ask about it and the gent who answered my call said that there may be a problem with the catseyes list causing a boot loop? I have flashed the box again with the latest image from the downloads section and haven't installed any plugins before switching off. i'll see if it boots up correctly this evening. If so I'll dreambox a new list in to the box instead. If it doesn't boot correctly, what other options do I have?

josh_g
01-05-13, 13:48
i have heard that there are problems with the cats eye setting pack. if your looking for sky channels use the inbuilt ABM (auto bouquet maker) you can find it in service searching in the menu. it will give you an up to date list every day if you set it corectly

Armpit1UK
01-05-13, 13:51
Any ideas regarding what I should do if it still hangs on booting without catseyes installed?

Larry-G
01-05-13, 14:04
Try first without Catseyes, if you need a motorized bouquet maybe try the Vhannibal motor bouquet from the Image feeds.

if your still getting the same problem after this point we can go from there.

Armpit1UK
01-05-13, 14:11
Will do, I'll report back later.

Armpit1UK
01-05-13, 20:11
Good Evening! I have managed to get everything up and running successfully with vhannibals list as suggested. Not hanging at boot this time. Thanks for all the speedy responses.