PDA

View Full Version : Software Error Screen-Vu + Solo 2- Cannot delete scheduled recordings

RottyDave
30-04-13, 12:15
Hi all,
When i first set my receiver up i set up a series link type recording to test the hard drive.

Now everytime i try to delete the recording it shows the software problem screen and i end up having to switch the unit off at the back as it doesnt reboot automatically.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so,how did you fix it?

Cheers.:confused:

duoduo
30-04-13, 12:20
how are you trying to delete the recordings Dave?

RottyDave
30-04-13, 12:37
I go into the timers list and click on the the recording that is waiting(there is a long list of them),ok that and ok to delete recording and as soon as i do this i get the software error screen.

RottyDave
30-04-13, 12:38
I go into the timers list and click on the the recording that is waiting(there is a long list of them),ok that and ok to delete recording and as soon as i do this i get the software error screen

duoduo
30-04-13, 12:45
is it long press green button timers screen Dave? I had a similar issue but was looking at different timers screen then someone on here suggested looking at timers via long press on green. Deleted in this screen and been ok since.

RottyDave
30-04-13, 12:50
I usually access through the menu button etc but will try holding the green button and see if that works.
Thanks for the advice,I will try and post a reply if it works,Cheers

RottyDave
30-04-13, 21:26
Ok,
I have tried to delete by using the green button but all i get is a software error screen,have also reloaded the very latest image 3.0.653 and i still cannot delete them(although i can disable,although they remain in a long list)

judge
30-04-13, 21:31
can you take a screenshot (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12554-Tutorial-How-to-make-a-screenshot-dump-from-your-satellite-receiver&p=90834&viewfull=1#post90834) of the error & upload it please.

You could also delete /etc/enigma2/timers.xml & autotimers.xml & start again...

RottyDave
30-04-13, 22:22
Will take a screenshot and post tomorrow-cheers

judge
30-04-13, 22:26
Please do, don't think I've seen that message before so might be handy for other users who expierence the same before you delete the timer xml files.

RottyDave
01-05-13, 20:14
Recorded several programmes today and low and behold i can now delete them without getting the software error screen-oh well at least its working ok now