PDA

View Full Version : Installation help needed

Cagwatson
28-04-13, 17:14
Hi Guys,

Just had my motorised dish and vu+ duo installed however the guy that installed this wasn't familiar with the box and couldn't get it configure properly so I'm left trying to figure this out myself, and being a total noob it's driving me crazy.

Here's my situation, the installer showed me the dish moving and locking onto the various sats, 28.2 13e, 0.9west etc but couldn't get the vu box to lock onto these. After various tinkering on my part, entering the correct usal info I managed to lock onto the same satellites and scan numerous channels, however it would appear some of the settings didn't save and no I'm having difficulty locking onto the same satellites again and finding channels when scanning!

It would also appear that when I'm now scanning and picking up channels/providers on a specific position i.e 19e they appear to be providers from elsewhere, not 19e, I also cannot get 28.2e anymore.

I've tried going in to the settings and selecting the option to go to '0' and then scanning again but getting strange results. Sometimes the SNR is showing 0 and then randomly jumping to 15% and back etc.

This would lead me to think the dish positions isn't set properly in the box, so looking for advice...

Is it wise to do a factory reset and the re enter my usal details and if so would I need to now my dishes current position before doing so?

...if so how would I be able to know the dishs current position, is there a way for the box to tell that?

Sorry for the stupid questions but this is diving me mad, a full day spent yesterday and just when I thought I'd cracked it I'm back to sq1!

Thanks in advance

Stanman
28-04-13, 17:17
Which tuner is the sat on?

needs to be
Simple
Positioner
Your Lat / longitude

Than download and send to the box the Vhannibal motorised settings from the Engima 2 forum

Cagwatson
28-04-13, 17:34
Thanks for the prompt reply :)

It's on tuner A and I've used those settings above, I don't have my laptop at the moment to download/send those to the box (using an iPad at moment) so ill give that a go tomorrow.

Is that likely to resolve the issue or is there anything else I should consider/ prepare at the moment ?

Thanks again

Suttsy
28-04-13, 18:19
Hey Cag,

I know this might sound stupid, but something similar happened to a buddy of mine.
Believe it or not, it was the coax cable coming from the wall to the box.
Replaced same, tightened connections & all was good....:)

Suttsy

Cagwatson
28-04-13, 18:34
Thanks suttsy, I'll double check the physical connections and settings as per stanmans advice before replacing the cable, as that's going to be seem job! :)

What's baffling me is when I search a specific satellite using the sat positioned it appears to bring services back from another position, is that an alignment issue or just the settings in the box?

Stanman
28-04-13, 18:36
Possiably your lat and long could be wrong as uses those to establish where the dish is.

Cagwatson
28-04-13, 18:47
Double checked those. Does tuner B need to be set up any differently from A? I.ve tried having it not configured, set to same as A etc but get mixed results...

Stanman
28-04-13, 18:56
do you have a cable connected to it?

If not set as loopthrough from A

Cagwatson
28-04-13, 19:00
Yeah got 2 cables running from the LNB..

TK4|2|1
28-04-13, 19:48
1 thing that jumps out to me "installer couldn't configure the box" tells me he has no experience of motorised dishes and therfore this is the root cause of your problem, your dish isn't aligned correctly.
Where do you live mate, if your local ill come take a look.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

abu baniaz
28-04-13, 20:08
If I understand correctly, you have one direct cable to lnb. One that goes to motor then lnb.

The non motor one needs to be set to something like 2nd cable from motorised dish. Can't remember exact wording.

chucknorris666
29-04-13, 08:31
If you have two feeds running from your Lnb, as above you should have one tuner set up as simple - poisoner and the other set up as second feed from Lnb

chucknorris666
29-04-13, 08:42
Set the one coming from the motor as simple - poisoner then the other from the Lnb as second feed from motorised hope this helps :)

pooface
29-04-13, 11:19
Set the one coming from the motor as simple - poisoner then the other from the Lnb as second feed from motorised hope this helps :)

Let us know how it goes...

One other thing to think of... I'm guessing my installer must've put the motor upside down or something, as my long/lat come out at (for example):

lat: 52.550, lon: -1.150

Which, is 52.550 North, and 1.150 West. However, I have to put my 1.150 as East for it to work correctly... Just a thought ;)

satmanbasil
29-04-13, 13:53
Hi mate

Would be an idea to check the dish is moving in the right direction using 1west as your starting point then choose 28east astra and see if the dish is tracking east then check 30west and see if it goes west could be in the actuvator arm he's wired them the wrong way round.

Also did the guy at the start set your dish limits for east and west, finally i would suggest you contact the company he works for and mention he needs training in motorized systems before allowing him to touch another motor setup.

Cagwatson
29-04-13, 19:53
1 thing that jumps out to me "installer couldn't configure the box" tells me he has no experience of motorised dishes and therfore this is the root cause of your problem, your dish isn't aligned correctly.
Where do you live mate, if your local ill come take a look.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

I'm in Glasgow mate, thanks for the offer. where are you based?

..i've actually just contacted another sat provider in the area, one that seems much more reputable and the guy says he knows the box etc so i've dropped the box in for him to look at it before anyone comes back out. Just hoping i get it setup this week!

thanks again

Cagwatson
06-05-13, 11:53
quick update, got someone else out to look at the dish, they re aligned the dish and locked in on 1w>28e and all working fine now :) ...phew!

..dodgy 1st install by the looks of things.

thanks for the help guys

TK4|2|1
06-05-13, 12:57
quick update, got someone else out to look at the dish, they re aligned the dish and locked in on 1w>28e and all working fine now :) ...phew!

..dodgy 1st install by the looks of things.

thanks for the help guys

Knew it. Good job buddy. Glad your sorted.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs.