PDA

View Full Version : I am being a Dumb ass

sgjman29
28-04-13, 13:04
Trying to get CCAM onto my Gigablue

I have downloaded the Easy CCCam Installer.....from the tools...

Question is......See when it says " - Start CCcamInstaller.jar"

I can find a " CCcamInstaller.jar " in the .rar file.....or what program do I use to install .jar files.....

This is doing my heed in !!!!

Larry-G
28-04-13, 13:10
To be honest i would advise against using such applications as you never know whats in them.

you can get the cam from www.openvix.co.uk ( i use CCcam 2.2.1 ).

you can install it in the usual way by FTP'ing it to /tmp then on the receiver navigate to ( Blue button> ViX> install local extension ).

or copy the .ipk installer to a USB stick and while in live TV ( not in any menu's ) insert the stick into the receiver, you should see a prompt asking you if you want to install. once you have done this copy your CCcam.cfg file to /etc on the receiver and start the cam in the softcam manager.

sgjman29
28-04-13, 13:49
Thanks pheonix

"you can install it in the usual way by FTP'ing it to /tmp then on the receiver navigate to ( Blue button> ViX> install local extension )."

Did it this way....was easy ......cheers

Larry-G
28-04-13, 13:50
Thanks pheonix

"you can install it in the usual way by FTP'ing it to /tmp then on the receiver navigate to ( Blue button> ViX> install local extension )."

Did it this way....was easy ......cheers

no worries, it's only easy when you know how, and we were all newbies once upon a time. ( some of us still are even after 22 years LOL )