PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Duo Sky on Demand

EFW
28-04-13, 10:08
Hi folks,

I'm looking at buying a VU+ Duo shortly to replace my SkyHD+ box. I have an official Sky card for the HD channels and movies but no sports. The Sky HD+ box is not connected to the phone line, but connected to my virgin media router. Can any tell me if Sky on demand service works on these receivers as I enjoy using the catchup service and checking out Sky's library of movies.

I've looked on Google, but can't find an answer.

Regards

EFW

Larry-G
28-04-13, 11:11
No the sky OnDemand service wont work on any receiver but a sky receiver as it's part of their firmware, However we have our own version known as the OE-Alliance OnDemand player.

you can find out about it here.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?27052-OE-Alliance-OnDemand-player-official-support-and-discussion-thread&highlight=ondemand

EFW
28-04-13, 11:58
aww, that's a shame. I thought as much as I could not find anything on Google. I looked at the link you gave me, looks pretty good. Do you think in time there might be a way around it?

Thanks

EFW

Larry-G
28-04-13, 12:00
no there will never be a way around it as it's coded into the firmware and operating system of the receiver, if you cant do without sky OnDemand then sadly you have no choice but to use a sky receiver.

EFW
28-04-13, 12:06
Thanks for the quick reply. :D

EFW

deckymckeown
29-04-13, 13:05
I had a quick look on the thread following that link.... am i right in saying that the OE Alliance On Demand plugin is only available (or tested) on VIX?

If its not just VIX only, is it possible to run it on the latest black hole image? If so, could someone upload the plugin?

Thanks

mcquaim
29-04-13, 13:19
I had a quick look on the thread following that link.... am i right in saying that the OE Alliance On Demand plugin is only available (or tested) on VIX?

If its not just VIX only, is it possible to run it on the latest black hole image? If so, could someone upload the plugin?

Thanks

Yeah, it's available on Blackhole alright. I haven't used Blackhole in years but I believe that you can download it directly from their feeds.. Where this is I've no idea..

Larry-G
29-04-13, 13:37
using the following telnet command you can install OnDemand directly from the BH git into their new 2.x.x images.

opkg update && opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-ondemand

i would recommend placing enigma2 into sleep mode first with the int 4 command then once installed use the init 3 command to reboot enigma.

deckymckeown
29-04-13, 15:46
using the following telnet command you can install OnDemand directly from the BH git into their new 2.x.x images.

opkg update && opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-ondemand

i would recommend placing enigma2 into sleep mode first with the int 4 command then once installed use the init 3 command to reboot enigma.

hey cheers for that Phoenix, il give it a go now

Larry-G
29-04-13, 16:07
hey cheers for that Phoenix, il give it a go now

As far as I know it works fine on BH but any updates we release are for our OE-Alliance version, these updates may or may not need modifying for other images to use them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

deckymckeown
29-04-13, 17:50
As far as I know it works fine on BH but any updates we release are for our OE-Alliance version, these updates may or may not need modifying for other images to use them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

it seems to be working fine on latest BH image..... cheers again!

EDIT - i just tried it on BH 2.02 rev A and i cant seem to get it to install via telnet now - keep gettin -sh: install: not found message now

deckymckeown
29-04-13, 19:56
ok, all working on BH 2.02 rev A - i tried the telnet commands as advised by Phoenix, individually this time and they done the trick!!