PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Build 653 crash ondemand

mickyblueys
27-04-13, 21:29
As title .......just upgraded to build 653 and now ondemand won't start it just crashes.

I've sent logs #1367094407

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

bobby-
27-04-13, 21:38
works ok for me on build 653

Larry-G
27-04-13, 21:39
which part of the player were you trying to use ??, i just tried the movies section of the iplayer and thats working fine on the solo2 with build 653.

mickyblueys
27-04-13, 22:10
The beginning. Just tried to start it and it crashes instantly. Can't get no further

Larry-G
27-04-13, 22:14
try removing it from your plugins

menu> plugins> red - remove plugins> extensions.

then reboot and re-install again from the feeds, see if that helps.

pooface
27-04-13, 22:18
Also, make sure there are no py files in the directory ....

mickyblueys
27-04-13, 22:30
Will do in the morning cheers, wife watching tv now. why does the py files keep appearing?

Larry-G
27-04-13, 22:38
as i understand it ( i may be wrong )

The .py files are basically the source code for the plugin, you can use these files to modify the plugin to your liking. when they are placed onto the receiver and it is rebooted it will build a set of .pyo files from these. the .pyo files are what the receiver reads its instructions from.

sometimes, not always but sometimes having both the .py and .pyo files can cause issues ( i always leave them as is but it is recommended to remove them if you do suffer problems ).

pooface
27-04-13, 23:02
Basically, the py files are the source code... As phoenix says, every time you reboot the receiver, the pyo files are created from these py files... The receiver uses the pyo files as the main executable...

Now, if you have a py file in the directory, it is because you have either put it there manually, or you have installed the src files... But, if you installed the src files, they would be the most up to date when you updated, so should be a problem...

The reason the py files cause a problem, is that they are the older source code. So, the pyo files that are created are created using the older source, so are going to have problems running...

Anywya, the location to check is /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/OnDemand/ ...

mickyblueys
28-04-13, 15:07
Deleted the plugin and then reinstalled, all seems to be working again.

Ch4ni
29-04-13, 19:28
Hi I have updated to latest image openvix-3.0.653 and I have noticed that when you are watching a channel and if you click on the right arrow ">" on the remote this brings up the info bar now if you enter a channel number for example 520 to display this on the screen this no longer working. This used work in build 589 in that you were able enter the number select "OK" from the remote to check the info details about that channel and it is no longer there in the later versions. Could this feature be added back please I miss it greatly.

chaser
29-04-13, 19:44
Working ok for me on Solo2 and Ultimo with build 655. I don't have a Duo to test on.

Larry-G
29-04-13, 20:00
Hi I have updated to latest image openvix-3.0.653 and I have noticed that when you are watching a channel and if you click on the right arrow ">" on the remote this brings up the info bar now if you enter a channel number for example 520 to display this on the screen this no longer working. This used work in build 589 in that you were able enter the number select "OK" from the remote to check the info details about that channel and it is no longer there in the later versions. Could this feature be added back please I miss it greatly.

no disrespect but what has this to do with the OnDemand plugin ?