PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ solo, open vix , will not boot , receiving enigma2 error or green screen?

Simonpeter
27-04-13, 18:18
Vu+ solo with open vix will not boot i am receiving enigma2 error or green screen? I have restarted many times and same error.

The same error happened last week and my provider fixed it at my home in seconds. Sadly today he is non contactable. I wonder is there a logical or obvious solution to remedy the enigma2 error so that I can watch Tv? I am a newby to Solo+ and this forum.

Thank you in advance - Simon

judge
27-04-13, 18:30
if it's a green screen, it's a very old build...
you should be able to ftp into the box & get the crash logs though.
maybe try a fresh flash of a current build available on http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/

Simonpeter
27-04-13, 18:57
if it's a green screen, it's a very old build...
you should be able to ftp into the box & get the crash logs though.
maybe try a fresh flash of a current build available on http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/

I have taken a photo with iPad of the error log before it crashed and uploaded it to this forum , I hope it's viewable , thank you so much for help.

Larry-G
27-04-13, 19:06
That is a very old image, try flashing a newer image.

Simonpeter
27-04-13, 19:16
How old is very old, as I just purchased the vu+ solo and I selected upgrade software during setup only last week. So I thought I had the latest? Thanks for your help guys.

judge
27-04-13, 19:17
I have taken a photo with iPad of the error log before it crashed and uploaded it to this forum , I hope it's viewable , thank you so much for help.

Impossible to tell with a photo...
and as pheonix says, it's a very old image that we no longer build so it's pretty hard to support.

Stanman
27-04-13, 19:17
That is some 100 or more builds old

By the way where did you buy it from?

judge
27-04-13, 19:20
That is some 100 or more builds old

By the way where did you buy it from?

i'd guess a lot older, don't think I've seen a green screen since 2.3 builds maybe?

Simonpeter
27-04-13, 19:24
It was provided as part of a package in Malaga , Spain.

When you say image is very old , do you mean the firmware is very old ? What should I tell my supplier in malaga to do, to rectify the problem.

Where can I get a new image or firmware? Thanks guys for support, greatly appreciated

judge
27-04-13, 19:28
Use the link I provided above.
Is it an original non clone box?

Larry-G
27-04-13, 20:10
That image is at least a year old and no longer built or supported by us, use the link provided by judge, flash the bootloader and image as required and go from there ( note if this is a clone we cant provide support of any kind ).

Simonpeter
27-04-13, 21:00
How can I find the answer to your question guys? Clone non clone ? On the front says VU+ and beneath that Dolby Digital Surround it looks like a real box. That said I would like to know my self as I am not happy image is over a year out of date when I only bought it last week. Thanks for your enthusiasm guys, appreciated.

Stanman
28-04-13, 17:11
PM me the link to where you bought it.

There is also a thread on here to spot a clone

Simonpeter
01-05-13, 11:24
Well I asked the question ref clone or non clone and the guy I purchased it off was really insulted and categorically stated it was a NON clone box, ie Original.

I really want to upgrade my VU+ box to the latest image but I have no practice or confidence. If I read the instructions and all goes Ok with the upgrade Will I Loose all my Channels and have to reinstall them or will my settings stay and channels stay intact ? "Thanks Guys for your support"

Larry-G
01-05-13, 16:19
Well I asked the question ref clone or non clone and the guy I purchased it off was really insulted and categorically stated it was a NON clone box, ie Original.

I really want to upgrade my VU+ box to the latest image but I have no practice or confidence. If I read the instructions and all goes Ok with the upgrade Will I Loose all my Channels and have to reinstall them or will my settings stay and channels stay intact ? "Thanks Guys for your support"

The only way you can update your current image is to flash a newer one as the one currently on the receiver is obsolete and no longer maintained or supported by us. yes you will loose every thing on the receiver ( except any recordings you may have ) as the flashing process first erases the old image before loading the new one. You can backup any important files first though and restore them to the new image.

Personally I would be asking the seller why if the unit is genuine did he use such a old and no longer supported image as generally only clone suppliers do this.

Now thats out of the way, if your confident you have a genuine receiver we can help you to update it, but we can and won't provide any support if the unit is a clone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Simonpeter
01-05-13, 16:43
Thank you for your offer to help me it's appreciated. I am a newby seeking to learn from the forum. I had no idea my firmware was out of date until you told me. Yes I would love to update it to the latest version, and yes I would like to know how to backup my system before flashing. Can I ask is there a way to remote login to my box to see if its real or clone. Don't forget I paid a lot of Money for my VU+ and the supplier told me it was not a clone. So I personally won't be happy to discover its not what I paid for.

So I need to backup everything before I flash to the latest version, is their a newby guide ?

Thanks guys really appreciated ?

Larry-G
01-05-13, 16:54
Thank you for your offer to help me it's appreciated. I am a newby seeking to learn from the forum. I had no idea my firmware was out of date until you told me. Yes I would love to update it to the latest version, and yes I would like to know how to backup my system before flashing. Can I ask is there a way to remote login to my box to see if its real or clone. Don't forget I paid a lot of Money for my VU+ and the supplier told me it was not a clone. So I personally won't be happy to discover its not what I paid for.

So I need to backup everything before I flash to the latest version, is their a newby guide ?

Thanks guys really appreciated ?

The only way to know for sure if its a clone is to check for visual signs on the outer case and then look inside the receiver for the so called " secret chip " which is used to bypass Vu's security measures. There is a thread on the forum that shows what to look for, such as did the unit come with a rs232 serial cable and a small PCB board ?.

As for backing up you will need to use a FTP program for that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Tkr001
05-05-13, 22:58
1. Get yourself a copy of Dreamboxedit or similar and use that to backup your files to a PC. If you are using CCcam backup your config (just copy it to your PC) It is in /etc and called CCcam.cfg
2. Goto the Quick Support Menu at the top of this forum page and download the latest VIX image and Bootloader for your Solo
3. Copy the Bootloader to an empty USB stick (look for tutorials. It is the same process as used to copy an image to USB stick and flash) and flash it. It will flash really quickly
4.Copy the downloaded image to an empty USB stick (using the same process as in step 3) and flash. If using VFX remember to install Samba from the network setup menu.
5. Use Dreamboxedit to restore your bouquets.
6. If using CCcam download it from the same place you cot the image from and install it. Just copy it to /tmp and use the menu option to install local extensions. Then copy CCcam.cfg to /etc and reboot. You should be good to go.