PDA

View Full Version : Box not responding....

rinaldi1
27-04-13, 14:48
Hi Guys,

a few weeks ago I updated to vix 632 from 562. Everything was dunky hory for a while but over the last few days the stb has failed to respond to the remote on numerous occasions. Sometimes it won't turn on, and when it does (after re-booting) sticks on channels etc. Any suggestions? Thank you

Larry-G
27-04-13, 14:55
we would need a bit more information such as what plugins you have installed either from the feeds or manually, and do you have any crash logs or debug logs etc.

basically the more info you can provide to us the better chance we stand at helping you resolve your issues.

rinaldi1
27-04-13, 15:27
Hi Phoenix,

thanks for your reply. I just checked the plugins and there are 5 there. Cross epg downloader, live football, media scanner, openWebif and picture player. I didn't install these...do they come with the image? I'm a newbie with this type of box (as you can probably tell) and crash logs, debug logs etc are alien to me...I wouldn't know where to begin. A wee update though...my remote wasn't working again just now, so I used the stb buttons to change channel and then tried the remote which started operating the box again!!

Larry-G
27-04-13, 15:30
Live football is not a default plugin with the ViX image, was it pre flashed when you got it ?. have you tried flashing it your self ?.

rinaldi1
27-04-13, 15:34
My son set the box up....don't think it was pre-flashed though, I think he did it. He's on holiday at the moment not back until Monday. Strange how it worked perfectly for a couple of weeks though

judge
27-04-13, 15:36
maybe the batteries need changing?
also, you might have to press the top right stb button to switch modes.

rinaldi1
27-04-13, 15:41
Hi Judge,
the batteries are def ok and I made sure I was in the stb mode. It just froze again, but started working when I played about with the buttons on the box for a while. Should I change back to vix 562?

Larry-G
27-04-13, 16:01
Try reflashing the receiver directly to the latest stable build from www.openvix.co.uk rather than updating all the way from build 562.

rinaldi1
27-04-13, 16:04
Ok...I'll give that a go. Many thanks for your help guys :-)

rinaldi1
27-04-13, 22:40
A wee update.....although the batteries were new and the stb button was lighting up every time a key was pressed (I also tested the remote using my phone)...the batteries were of poor quality. I replaced them with Duracells and remote is now functioning perfectly...worth keeping in mind methinks. Thanks again for taking the time to reply :)

Larry-G
27-04-13, 22:42
Thanks for keeping us appraised of your findings, this should help other users in similar situations.

judge
27-04-13, 23:23
yeah, weak batteries caught me on my TM2T recently too, remote lit but box still wouldn't respond.
Had me stumped for a while too...