PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Permanent TimeShift.

andyblac
27-04-13, 00:28
guy's/girl's,

just thought i would give you an update, from 653, PTS will be be worked on, so my advise is if you do not want to help debug it.

PLEASE TURN IT OFF

i have recoded the way skip works, (to skip to previous and next time shifted events,

you can now (as before) rewind to the beginning of an event, but once it reaches the beginning it will continue to rewind into the previous event, and so on and so on.

or (new way) you can now press < or > when in a timeshift state to skip to previous/next events. pressing < will skip to the previous event and start rewinding from the end backwards, pressing > will (if anywhere in current live timeshift event) exit timeshift and go live (just like pressing stop does), if you are in a previous event it will skip to next event and start playing from the beginning.

but please bare in mind the PTS will be WorkInProgress until further notice, so if you do want the unexpected crash etc TURN IT OFF, but if you wish to help us Debug it, please post your crash logs here with a detailed report of what exactly you where doing, the more info the better.

Build 653, will be online as soon as our dev team say's 652 is stable enough for marked as such, i may need to release a small bug fixes for 652 to mark it stable, in that case i will let you know what build number will have the new PTS.

Andy.

andyblac
27-04-13, 09:45
ok this new PTS stuff will be in build 654 onwards so remember if you not want the un-expected crash etc PLEASE TURN IT OFF, but crash logs and a detailed debug report are most welcome.

andyblac
29-04-13, 15:52
guy's

anyone have any feed back for me ?

tomcoleman
29-04-13, 16:23
guy's

anyone have any feed back for me ?

ooooh

going to install a HDD tonight and give it a test!

So does it work like sky?

andyblac
29-04-13, 16:31
ooooh

going to install a HDD tonight and give it a test!

So does it work like sky?

and better, i hope, just enable it in setting 'Timeshift Settings'

josh_g
29-04-13, 16:48
i used to have a problem with the old PTS where if i paused for a long length of time it just wouldn't work and i would have to exit out as it just wouldn't play. has this been fixed with the new update?

Larry-G
29-04-13, 16:50
i used to have a problem with the old PTS where if i paused for a long length of time it just wouldn't work and i would have to exit out as it just wouldn't play. has this been fixed with the new update?

This is why we're asking people to test and post their feedback.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

judge
29-04-13, 16:50

please test it & let us know...

josh_g
29-04-13, 16:51
when i get home i will have a play and let you know the results :thumbsup:

andyblac
29-04-13, 17:35
noticed a possible small issue pressing stop, not always exits, should be fixed in build 657

garyblas
29-04-13, 19:43
Seems to work perfectly for me

Rahat786786
29-04-13, 20:31
It is working good no freezes but I was wondering if it is possible to eliminate that screen blackout before rewinding or is that an inherent issue with enigma 2?

andyblac
29-04-13, 20:49
It is working good no freezes but I was wondering if it is possible to eliminate that screen blackout before rewinding or is that an inherent issue with enigma 2?

basically no, it has to switch from live TV to the media file

mickyblueys
29-04-13, 21:16
What about the other way round, when you stop timeshift, the live tv seems to judder for five or so seconds?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

andyblac
29-04-13, 23:03
What about the other way round, when you stop timeshift, the live tv seems to judder for five or so seconds?

again same issue, leaving mediafile and returning to live TV.

tomcoleman
30-04-13, 12:20
seems to work ok for me although i dont understand the green bar countdown thing at the top?

Osamo1956
30-04-13, 12:50
Hi, Pardon my technical ignorance, but how does PTS work?
Please keep it simple ...for a simple novice :baby:
I'm assuming that it records a set time lag and then deletes. In simple terms, is it similar 'in principle' to a car's dash cam saving to its SD card ?? :confused:
I have a 750GB drive in my Duo, so assume there should be no problems (?).
I do appreciate, from reading the thread, that its effectively a beta test at the mo.
Cheers.

garyblas
30-04-13, 13:20
seems to work ok for me although i dont understand the green bar countdown thing at the top?

This is the timeshift scale... shows how long timeshift is and the position you are at

garyblas
30-04-13, 13:38
Hi, Pardon my technical ignorance, but how does PTS work?
Please keep it simple ...for a simple novice :baby:
I'm assuming that it records a set time lag and then deletes. In simple terms, is it similar 'in principle' to a car's dash cam saving to its SD card ?? :confused:
I have a 750GB drive in my Duo, so assume there should be no problems (?).
I do appreciate, from reading the thread, that its effectively a beta test at the mo.
Cheers.

It temporarily stores info onto HDD or media pointed at. When you come out of PTS it is deleted

andyblac
30-04-13, 19:03
This is the timeshift scale... shows how long timeshift is and the position you are at

and you can use left/right arrows to move the pointer and OK to just to that point. ;)

mickyblueys
30-04-13, 19:19
and you can use left/right arrows to move the pointer and OK to just to that point. ;)

This feature is absolutely tremendous, and seems to work flawlessly. Honestly have to say I'm very veRY VERY impressed.

andyblac
30-04-13, 19:24
This feature is absolutely tremendous, and seems to work flawlessly. Honestly have to say I'm very veRY VERY impressed.

and i'm not finished yet with PTS, this is just stage one, there more stuff to come.

Larry-G
30-04-13, 19:30

And this is why in my opinion the ViX image can not be rivaled for user friendliness.

Half of the features andy creates he does not even use, he makes them for the users who ask for them, No other team has this level of Developer / user interaction.

danivtec
06-05-13, 11:13
Getting an error when selecting timeshift saving record on 656

"The file system on your timeshift device does not support hard links. Make sure it is formatted in ext2 or ext3"

Mounts shows the hard drive is ext4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry-G
06-05-13, 11:17
PTS is undergoing some major updates, make a full image backup of your current setup and try updating to 658 and see if your problem is resolved in that image.

andyblac
06-05-13, 16:28
Getting an error when selecting timeshift saving record on 656

"The file system on your timeshift device does not support hard links. Make sure it is formatted in ext2 or ext3"

Mounts shows the hard drive is ext4

timeshift saving is currently being worked on, a beta will be in build 660, so bare with me, build 660 timeshift has had a major recode, now Standard TimeShift and Permanent TimeShift have the same features, the only difference is that standard time timeshift is started via pause like always, but it can now save events, jump previous events, has a full seekbar, etc just like permanent timeshift.

andy.

kanwar
06-05-13, 20:24
Hello.

I didn't even know standard timeshift existed! I am having the same problem as Danivtec on PTS and STS is also crashing on me.

On STS i pause it and then the time seems to be increasing (not sure why?) and as soon as I try to rewing (or even go play again) the VIX icon starts spinning in the top left hand corner and the box has crashed. I have to turn the power off to get it working again.

I have build 653 installed.

abu baniaz
06-05-13, 20:56
Perform an online update and see if you have same issue. You wont have to reinstall anything.

kanwar
07-05-13, 00:48
Hello.

I have used the built in updater to get all the latest updates. I am now on build 658.

The PTS error still remains (might not be exact wording/missing something:

"Creating hardlink to timeshift file failed! The filesystem on your timeshift device does not support hard links". (Errno1)

On a positive note, STS (pause) does not crash anymore and a few other good things have been implemented :-)

BubbleBalls
07-05-13, 01:12
Still lots of PTS updates being done, please be patient while issues are sorted out if you choose to use latest builds.

Tapatalker

Rob van der Does
07-05-13, 07:12
I have used the built in updater to get all the latest updates. I am now on build 658.
The PTS error still remains (might not be exact wording/missing something:
"Creating hardlink to timeshift file failed! The filesystem on your timeshift device does not support hard links". (Errno1)
On a positive note, STS (pause) does not crash anymore and a few other good things have been implemented :-)
Build 659 is now online.
The error you get indicates a problem with your storage device. Where is timeshift set to? How does that location show in the mountmanager? What filesystem does it have?

kanwar
07-05-13, 12:57
Thanks for your input, Rob.

The timeshift is set to HDD/Media

MM shows the hard drive as EXT4. I am very puzzled and would be very grateful if you could help me resolve this. Thanks again.

Rob van der Does
07-05-13, 13:00
The timeshift is set to HDD/Media
That doesn't sound right: I presume it's 'media/hdd' instead?

kanwar
07-05-13, 13:07
Yes, that's what I mean. Sorry.
[/LIST]

andyblac
07-05-13, 17:21
Yes, that's what I mean. Sorry.
[/LIST]

type:

mount

in terminal and post output.

kanwar
07-05-13, 17:37
type:

mount

in terminal and post output.

What? Which terminal?

danivtec
07-05-13, 17:53
mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
ubi0:rootfs on / type ubifs (rw,sync,relatime)
devtmpfs on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,relatime,size=285772k,nr_inodes=71443,mode=755 )
proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /media type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=64k)
/dev/sda1 on /media/hdd type ext4 (rw,relatime,barrier=1,data=ordered)
tmpfs on /var/volatile type tmpfs (rw,relatime)
usbfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw,relatime)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,gid=5,mode=620)

kanwar
07-05-13, 17:57
How do I do that?

danivtec
07-05-13, 18:23
Telnet into the box.

kanwar
07-05-13, 19:06
I am using filezilla and am into the box (using root as the username). Can you give specific instructions please?

abu baniaz
07-05-13, 19:33
Filezilla is for file transferring.

Use a program called Putty, click on telnet, enter Ip address of receiver and then press return. login in with user id "root" and whatever password you have set. Enter the password you have set , deafault is no password. Enetr the command you wish afterwards.

Larry-G
07-05-13, 20:00
I am using filezilla and am into the box (using root as the username). Can you give specific instructions please?

There is a tutorial on the forum showing how to activate and use the inbuilt telnet client in windows ( assuming you use windows that is ). Sorry I can't link to it at the moment as I'm in the middle of formatting my laptop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

abu baniaz
07-05-13, 20:22
Guide to enabling telnet in windows is here if you dont want to use putty.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12558-Tutorial-How-to-enable-the-default-Telnet-client-in-Windows-7&highlight=enable+telnet

kanwar
07-05-13, 23:40
Thanks for the instructions, guys. I telnetted using putty and put in the command of mount:

devtmpfs on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,relatime,size=68704k,nr_inodes=17176,mode=755)
/dev/sda1 on /media/hdd type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered)
root@tm2toe:~#

I have updated to build 659 (latest) and am still getting this error after enabling permanent timeshift (when one changes channels):

"Operation not permitted"

mickyblueys
07-05-13, 23:43
I have the same error on build 659 saving pts to usb. Usb mounted fine in mount manager ext 4 format.

andyblac
07-05-13, 23:45
I have the same error on build 659 saving pts to usb. Usb mounted fine in mount manager ext 4 format.

please try it in build 660, it has had stage 3 another major recode.

mickyblueys
07-05-13, 23:46
Will do in morning, when home from work, cheers Andy.

kanwar
08-05-13, 15:01
Thanks for the instructions, guys. I telnetted using putty and put in the command of mount:

devtmpfs on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,relatime,size=68704k,nr_inodes=17176,mode=755)
/dev/sda1 on /media/hdd type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered)
root@tm2toe:~#

I have updated to build 659 (latest) and am still getting this error after enabling permanent timeshift (when one changes channels):

"Operation not permitted"

Any ideas??

mickyblueys
08-05-13, 15:45
Yes..... do as Andy says and try again with build 660, when it is released. It is currently a work in progress.

andyblac
08-05-13, 19:10
Yes..... do as Andy says and try again with build 660, when it is released. It is currently a work in progress.

should be online tonight, we are just testing xtrends new kernel 3.8.7

kanwar
08-05-13, 22:42
should be online tonight, we are just testing xtrends new kernel 3.8.7

Thanks.

So there was nothing abnormal about the 'mount' command result I posted above?

judge
08-05-13, 23:06
Thanks.

So there was nothing abnormal about the 'mount' command result I posted above?

no, nothing unusual, but time shift has gone through some major changes lately & a serious reworking by build 660.

kanwar
09-05-13, 16:19
Thanks. Will build 660 be released today?

Also, any news on the recording (driver) problem front? Recording atm is only effective when done while on the relevant channel.

andyblac
09-05-13, 19:49
Thanks. Will build 660 be released today?

Also, any news on the recording (driver) problem front? Recording atm is only effective when done while on the relevant channel.

build 661, is currently being build both standard TimeShift and Permanent TimeShift have had a major recode, for the test we have done event saving works fine now.

if you are talking about TM recording issues, no we are still waiting on TM to fix there drivers.

kanwar
10-05-13, 21:12
I've just upgraded to build 662 and am getting the same 'hardlink failed' error for my hard drive :-(

By the way, my box also seems to crash quite a lot (with 'VIX' icon in top left) especially when I am in the menus doing something. Plus sometimes when I turn the receiver on, it doesn't seem to recognise anything being in the hard drive (recorded movies etc). Quite strange and frustrating.

danivtec
11-05-13, 12:23
Working ok now.

Couple of observations.

1. When selecting time shift save recording stop after event, the time shift is saved, however say the programme stops at 10.00, a 5 minute file is recorded afterwards and 2 files are created, the saved time shift and the 5 minute recording. The saved time shift does however include the 5 minutes over run. Is there anyway of allowing it to over run the 5 minutes but not creating the separate 5 minute file?

2. The time shift save is showing the incorrect time run of a saved programme when in the recorded programmes screen. For instance saved the time shift of top gear which was about 52 minutes long but the file info shows the time run as only a minute long but the seekbar shows correct time length?

Thanks

mickyblueys
11-05-13, 15:10
Just updated to build 664, now on every channel zap I'm getting "timeshift not possible"
I'm running on duo, saving timeshift to Usb.
Usb is mounted correctly in ext 4 format.
I have sent debug log 1368281317.39

Any advice appreciated.

mickyblueys
11-05-13, 15:28
Just updated to build 664, now on every channel zap I'm getting "timeshift not possible"
I'm running on duo, saving timeshift to Usb.
Usb is mounted correctly in ext 4 format.
I have sent debug log 1368281317.39

Any advice appreciated.

Think I've sorted it.
I've deleted contents of timeshift folder and restarted box. For some reason, that I can't explain, my timeshift folder had completely filled my 8gig Usb stick, and wouldn't refresh it when zapping.

kanwar
11-05-13, 21:04
Is it possible I need to change something in system/settings/recordings or in system/settings/timeshift?

I'm still getting this error after I enable permanent timeshift:

[code]
Creating Hard-link to Timeshift file failed!
The Filesytem on your Timeshift-Device does not support hardlinks.
Make sure it is formatted in EXT2 or EXT3!

[Errno 1] Operation not permitted

judge
11-05-13, 21:09
What build are you currently using?
and have you tried what mickyblueys sugests in the post above yours?

kanwar
11-05-13, 21:11
I am currently using build 662 and yes, I have tried the above suggestion bro.

judge
11-05-13, 21:16
I'd start with an online update to 664.
Where are you saving timeshift to? and was that drive initialised by the box?

kanwar
11-05-13, 21:59
Ok, I've just upgraded to 664.

Timeshift is saving to /media/HDD by default. The hard drive has been initialised.

kanwar
11-05-13, 22:05
I'm still getting the same damn error.

judge
11-05-13, 22:12
can you try a fresh flash from openvix.co.uk, don't restore any settings & then do an online update to 664.
Then let us know if it's still happening.

kanwar
11-05-13, 22:22
Will my saved recordings etc be deleted? Is there any way I can save them?

judge
11-05-13, 22:24
No, all recordings will be fine.
You might want to back-up your channel listings, use an app like dreambox edit to save them to a pc.
You might also need to back up any cams in /usr/softcams/ & their config files.

kanwar
11-05-13, 22:40
No, all recordings will be fine.
You might want to back-up your channel listings, use an app like dreambox edit to save them to a pc.
You might also need to back up any cams in /usr/softcams/ & their config files.

OK, will do, thanks.

I will download ABM afterwards so that's OK. The rest, I have already saved from previous flash. I just wondered whether I should wait a few days until a newer version comes out on OPENVIX as this one is from May 03 or should I go ahead with this one?

judge
11-05-13, 22:48
Personally, I'd go with 658, currently latest build available on http://openvix.co.uk & then do an online update.
The image also comes with a built in ABM, so you should be up & running in no time again.

Rob van der Does
12-05-13, 08:23
OK, will do, thanks.
I will download ABM afterwards so that's OK.....
No need: ABM is pre-installed on all ViX-images.

andyblac
13-05-13, 15:47
Working ok now.

Couple of observations.

1. When selecting time shift save recording stop after event, the time shift is saved, however say the programme stops at 10.00, a 5 minute file is recorded afterwards and 2 files are created, the saved time shift and the 5 minute recording. The saved time shift does however include the 5 minutes over run. Is there anyway of allowing it to over run the 5 minutes but not creating the separate 5 minute file?

2. The time shift save is showing the incorrect time run of a saved programme when in the recorded programmes screen. For instance saved the time shift of top gear which was about 52 minutes long but the file info shows the time run as only a minute long but the seekbar shows correct time length?

Thanks

the way it works is as follows,

when you select save stop after event, it wil create 2 files. 1 the timeshift file upto the current point, file 2 a NEW recording for the remainder of the event, AFTER the event record has finished it will MERGE the 2 files together to give you the full recoding in one file, DO NOT DELETE either file, it will do it's stuff when the event has finished. just be patient.

danivtec
13-05-13, 17:15
Does it delete the 5 minute file automatically after joining to the time shift?

mickyblueys
13-05-13, 17:41
the way it works is as follows,

when you select save stop after event, it wil create 2 files. 1 the timeshift file upto the current point, file 2 a NEW recording for the remainder of the event, AFTER the event record has finished it will MERGE the 2 files together to give you the full recoding in one file, DO NOT DELETE either file, it will do it's stuff when the event has finished. just be patient.

I noticed eventually my 2 files have merged, but the duration time still shows 0.00, and when you play the said recording the displayed time goes to an exaggerated 1435mins. And the fast forward buttons like 3, 6, 9 on remote don't work. They take it back to the beginning of recording.

Any ideas?

abu baniaz
13-05-13, 17:51
I noticed eventually my 2 files have merged, but the duration time still shows 0.00, and when you play the said recording the displayed time goes to an exaggerated 1435mins. And the fast forward buttons like 3, 6, 9 on remote don't work. They take it back to the beginning of recording.

Any ideas?

I second this although I did not try the 3,6,9 buttons. Also had a spin of death while trying to navigate through the file, ( vix logo spinning). I had to restrart with init 4 and then init 3. Debug logs ref 1368463821 sent, hope they are the right ones.

andyblac
13-05-13, 20:25
Does it delete the 5 minute file automatically after joining to the time shift?

yes, it should after merge has completed.

andyblac
13-05-13, 20:27

Any ideas?

are you sure the merge had finished ?, it is slow.

mickyblueys
13-05-13, 20:31
What do you class as slow as I waited about ten to fifteen minutes. The 2 files had gone to one after a few minutes and I left it for a good while after that.

andyblac
13-05-13, 20:43
What do you class as slow as I waited about ten to fifteen minutes. The 2 files had gone to one after a few minutes and I left it for a good while after that.

next time ftp into the movie folder, and check for files changing, after the 2 files merges it then re-creates the index files, so you can using skip functions, as for how long depends on the length of the recording and if HDD or USB, etc.

mickyblueys
13-05-13, 21:02
Will do and I'll get back to you

mickyblueys
13-05-13, 22:03
next time ftp into the movie folder, and check for files changing, after the 2 files merges it then re-creates the index files, so you can using skip functions, as for how long depends on the length of the recording and if HDD or USB, etc.

Ok just done another short timeshift recording of about 15 minutes. Same problem exists regarding duration length and fast forward buttons. I've ftp'd to box and and checked movie folder and it looks like everything is finished regarding the merging process, and it has been half an hour since. so I'm afraid at my end at least there is still a small problem.

Thanks in advance for your help Andy.

judge
13-05-13, 22:34
what box are you using?

mickyblueys
14-05-13, 07:52
I'm using vu+ duo

mickyblueys
18-05-13, 16:32

Any ideas?

I second this although I did not try the 3,6,9 buttons. Also had a spin of death while trying to navigate through the file, ( vix logo spinning). I had to restrart with init 4 and then init 3. Debug logs ref 1368463821 sent, hope they are the right ones.

I reflashed my troubled box with build 665 again and timeshift recording is now working perfect from what I can see.

Rob van der Does
18-05-13, 16:33
Good .

kanwar
20-05-13, 01:10
Hi all,

I have updated to latest build (665) from openvix.co.uk and I have managed to sort out the 'hardlink failed' error message, thankfully.

I have a couple of issues with recorded programs/films (have tried searching forum) which I would be grateful for help with:

I just a couple of issues with recorded stuff.

1. When I play a recording from the beginning it stutters until i press forward and go a few seconds into it, then its fine. Do anyone know why and if I can resolve this?

2. Sky Movies recorded content seems to have a bit of a stuttering/picture breaking problem for some reason (some recordings, not all). I find this very strange. Any ideas?

Thanks very much for your continued assistance!

andyblac
20-05-13, 15:40
from build 667, for timeshift to start automatically (aka PTS), you will need to re-activate it in settings.
the enable and delay time is now one setting.
no longer calling it PTS, as all timeshift's have same features, just a matter of auto starting on channel change

scrupples
20-05-13, 17:05
think this is pts related??

When I rewind a live program, no matter what speed I choose, when I press play it never plays from when I press play, it can be a few minutes out or even 10 mins out?

any ideas please :)

andyblac
20-05-13, 19:22
as there is no index references as the file is ever growing, try pressing >> (fast foraward) to exit rewind, it may help, i think this a driver issue, so it may effect different boxes differently.

andyblac
21-05-13, 10:22
2. Sky Movies recorded content seems to have a bit of a stuttering/picture breaking problem for some reason (some recordings, not all). I find this very strange. Any ideas?

Thanks very much for your continued assistance!

off topic moved here.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?28713-Recoding-issues

zenith
23-05-13, 17:07
just like to say thank you andy for fixing the subs when pts is used as before had to switch off and on again when rewound back or stopped.
thanks for making an already brilliant image unbelievably better!

edogg
23-05-13, 19:16
While in pts if I press the left or right arrow it no longer gives a list of previous channels. Which buttons do I press to access this function now ? Pressing the left centre or right centre button gives a please wait while gathering data before displaying the now and next epg ,it used to be instantaneous

chaser
23-05-13, 19:59
While in pts if I press the left or right arrow it no longer gives a list of previous channels.
Interesting. Whilst in PTS if I press < it causes PTS to rewind further back at 8x speed. Pressing > once takes you to the start of the PTS. Pressing it again takes you to the end of PTS, and pressing a third time then brings up the previous channel list. This appears to be similar behaviour you get when watching a recorded program.

ViX 3 build 668 on VU+ Ultimo.

sigpark
23-05-13, 20:43
I have no idea if it helps, but I have been seeing similar "please wait while gathering data..." in white text in the centre of screen for about 1 second for the last number of images on any skin I try when selecting Graphic EPG. I originally thought this behaviour was skin related? At least part of your symptom is not just related to PTS?

ViX 3 from build 665 and a couple before as I recall on VU+ Solo 2

edogg
24-05-13, 08:52
While in pts if I press the left or right arrow it no longer gives a list of previous channels. Which buttons do I press to access this function now ? Pressing the left centre or right centre button gives a please wait while gathering data before displaying the now and next epg ,it used to be instantaneous
update pressing the left/right centre button whether in pts or not I get the delay and error message

PTS does not start automatically I have to press the pause button
vu+duo build 668

ronand
24-05-13, 09:55
update pressing the left/right centre button whether in pts or not I get the delay and error message

PTS does not start automatically I have to press the pause button
vu+duo build 668

You have to turn on pts in the timeshift settings ie set the start delay

edogg
24-05-13, 15:45
You have to turn on pts in the timeshift settings ie set the start delay

Of course I have been using timeshift for many years and know how to set it but it did not start until i pressed pause

ronand
24-05-13, 15:48
The settings have changed with the recent merge of timeshift & pts - it needs to be enabled again. It works perfectly with my uno

andyblac
24-05-13, 21:11

pressing left/right in or out of timeshift open's InfobarEPG. if you want history list press < or > OUT OF TIMESHIFT as pressing < or > whilst in timeshift jumps 'timeshifted' events. ie lets say you are in timeshift and have been on the same channel for several hours and several event's have been on the channel, pressing < will jump back through the events that have been previously on the channel, pressing > jumps forward through the events, until it reaches the current event, then the last press of > will exit to live TV.

hope the is explains things a little.

sunil2005
01-06-13, 10:59
Still some SD channels from Eurobird 9E are not working Vix Image Permanent Timeshift. Channels are "Asianet, Asianet Plus, Divine, Manorama etc." PLI's Permanent Timeshift (1.3g) is working well.

Rob van der Does
01-06-13, 12:14
'DIVINE TV' and 'Manorama News' are the only ones I can receive. I confirm that PTS doesn' work. I think the bit rate is too low (same problem as for recording radio).
But the good news is: using the pause button timeshift works fine.

andyblac
01-06-13, 14:41
'DIVINE TV' and 'Manorama News' are the only ones I can receive. I confirm that PTS doesn' work. I think the bit rate is too low (same problem as for recording radio).
But the good news is: using the pause button timeshift works fine.

hmmm, can i have a debug log, as both TS using same code only one is supposed to start when e2 detects a channel change.

Rob van der Does
01-06-13, 15:46
Log sent to you.

Rob van der Does
02-06-13, 14:37
Still some SD channels from Eurobird 9E are not working Vix Image Permanent Timeshift. Channels are "Asianet, Asianet Plus, Divine, Manorama etc." PLI's Permanent Timeshift (1.3g) is working well.
It looks like we were able to fix this after all.
Should be in build 674 (will probably be available later today): could you test that please?

sunil2005
02-06-13, 23:53
Should be in build 674 (will probably be available later today): could you test that please?

Yes. Sure. Then I will inform you. Thanks for the quick action for my request.

sunil2005
06-06-13, 08:37

Tested the 678 image. Yes, it's working well now. Great work. Pls keep it up.

garyblas
08-06-13, 23:08
Running build 678 PTS does not function as it should on Vu Duo.
It will only timeshift back as far as the current event being shown.

I know we had this issue but Andy fixed it in previous builds but now this pts change no longer works

andyblac
09-06-13, 00:52
Running build 678 PTS does not function as it should on Vu Duo.
It will only timeshift back as far as the current event being shown.

I know we had this issue but Andy fixed it in previous builds but now this pts change no longer works

hmm ok i will check this thanks.

do you have a log ?, does < > work to skip events ?

garyblas
09-06-13, 12:16
hmm ok i will check this thanks.

do you have a log ?, does < > work to skip events ?

No logs does not crash. and no <> does not work either.
I just reloaded image i had with build 655 and working fine

zenith
10-06-13, 16:32
i have updated today to build 679 and have noticed that the subtitles on the timeshift when used,disappear and reappear when exiting timeshift?
was on build 658 previously and did`nt have problem then?
i have xp1000

andyblac
10-06-13, 19:33
No logs does not crash. and no <> does not work either.
I just reloaded image i had with build 655 and working fine

just checked and skipping events works fine (via RW or </>)

garyblas
11-06-13, 13:06
Andy , what build number you found working on?

andyblac
11-06-13, 16:02
Andy , what build number you found working on?

the current, build 679.

jasmin27
20-06-13, 00:28
Hi
Have the same error since build +/- 642 and still with build 683. I have no hard disk but timeshift setting points to a networked drive.
Timeshift works excellent just the Creating hardlink to timeshift file failed error displays. Worked also fine before, to a networked drive, without displaying that error.

judge
20-06-13, 00:48
Hi
Have the same error since build +/- 642 and still with build 683. I have no hard disk but timeshift setting points to a networked drive.
Timeshift works excellent just the Creating hardlink to timeshift file failed error displays. Worked also fine before, to a networked drive, without displaying that error.

What format is the networked HDD in? also, are you sure it's currently in use/spinning when you get that error?

Hamram
21-06-13, 21:29
I don't know if I should start a new thread, but just delete if so.

Today I was aware of the fact that an ongoing show wa something my girls would like to see, so I just pressed the record-button, and chose "Record timeshift when event is finised" (or there about..) This failed. I was left with the name of the show in the recordings list, but there was no recording. 0:00 was recorded.

Is this a known issue..?

(Build 683)

judge
21-06-13, 23:03
I don't know if I should start a new thread, but just delete if so.

Today I was aware of the fact that an ongoing show wa something my girls would like to see, so I just pressed the record-button, and chose "Record timeshift when event is finised" (or there about..) This failed. I was left with the name of the show in the recordings list, but there was no recording. 0:00 was recorded.

Is this a known issue..?

(Build 683)

A new thread would probably be better so we at least know what box you're using...
Other than that, how long after the show ended did you check?
Do you have PTS enabled?
It would by default need the 5 minute overrun on recordings (unless you changed this) + extra time to join the TS to the recorded show.

IAmATeaf
23-06-13, 19:50
I had a weird one with PTS today. build 683 on a Duo, watching the cricket and it obviously hit the max time recording limit which then caused a message on the screen related to recording could not be started, the channel then went blank and the only was to recover was to restart the box. There are no logs as the box never crashed unfortunately.

abu baniaz
24-06-13, 01:13
Hope I dont get flamed.......I must reiterate that PTS was working perfectly for me on my Twin prior to just before 30/03/2013. Pretty sure it was fine as far as build 627.

When the maximum time was reached you would get a prompt but it wouldn't crash.

Is it possible to revert PTS to the older version for anyone wishing to do so?

judge
24-06-13, 01:52
Hope I dont get flamed.......
Flamed???

I must reiterate that PTS was working perfectly for me on my Twin prior to just before 30/03/2013. Pretty sure it was fine as far as build 627.

Can you upload the crash logs, not using PTS on my TM Twin at the moment while testing new drivers so they can't blame PTS for other issues...

abu baniaz
24-06-13, 22:27
End user is not able to see or change maximum length of time shift. If I can be shown how to edit it, I would gladly reproduce and upload the logs.

My logs are on USB so shouldn't be lost.

andyblac
25-06-13, 11:07
Hope I dont get flamed.......I must reiterate that PTS was working perfectly for me on my Twin prior to just before 30/03/2013. Pretty sure it was fine as far as build 627.

please send me a crash log, i will take a look.

Daithi
25-06-13, 15:02
Firstly, many thanks to Andy and other developers for the outstanding work that they have done.

Are there plans at some stage to change the system of clearing the timeshift each time that you change channel?
(perhaps by starting a new timeshift file with each zap and deleting the oldest only when total time in the buffer exceeds X)

andyblac
25-06-13, 17:26
Firstly, many thanks to Andy and other developers for the outstanding work that they have done.

Are there plans at some stage to change the system of clearing the timeshift each time that you change channel?
(perhaps by starting a new timeshift file with each zap and deleting the oldest only when total time in the buffer exceeds X)

not currently as there is no control over how much space is allocated for TS, but tbh i can't see why you would want to keep old TS files, as there is already an option to save them. if required.

abu baniaz
26-06-13, 00:23
Although unrelated to the previous issue, (3 hours on 1 channel is hard to do). Will do if/when I get the error owing to maximum length being reached.

A crash occured on build 684, key map in timeshift.py Log reference 1372202296.47

Daithi
26-06-13, 00:23
not currently as there is no control over how much space is allocated for TS, but tbh i can't see why you would want to keep old TS files, as there is already an option to save them. if required.

Thanks,
Its not a biggie but every now and again, my wife loses the timeshift by pressing 4 or 7 to go back when not in timeshift mode.
(which obviously changes to channel 4 or 7 and clears the timeshift that she was hoping to view)
I'm sure that she will learn sooner or later but not clearing immediately would make it more foolproof for newbies,
Daithí

RustySpoons
07-07-13, 22:08
Got a strange thing going on with timeshift here, if I activate timeshift, when the programme ends it starts playing it from the beginning again!

andyblac
07-07-13, 23:55
Got a strange thing going on with timeshift here, if I activate timeshift, when the programme ends it starts playing it from the beginning again!

would need to a log file

jasmin27
08-07-13, 07:27
Hi, It is a Buffalo Linkstation, XFS formatted, and mounted on the Ultimo with CIFS, so I don't think the Ultimo "sees" the physical format of the NAS.
I'm sure it is in use and spinning. Timeshift works as expected just have to press OK on the error.

RustySpoons
08-07-13, 12:39
would need to a log file

Will grab one and put it here, where is this located?

Larry-G
08-07-13, 15:22
Will grab one and put it here, where is this located?

logs are by default located in /home/root/logs but you will first need to activate debug logs and reboot the box for the loggin process to start.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

ormerods
12-07-13, 12:47

My Uno is doing something similar, so is my parents Ultimo.

sebhki
10-09-13, 21:33
Hi, using 3.0.733 on a recently purchased duo2. PTS is configured to save on /usb ; USB stick is formatted in ext4 ( was used in my previous ultimo ).
Everytime I zap, I get an error message " permanent hardlink error, please ensure drive is ext2 or ext3 formatted "
However, discarding the message and going backwards proves me PTS actually works...

sebhki
10-09-13, 21:34
removed(double post)

ajs888x
12-09-13, 18:18
Hi, my missus has exactly the same problem, it drives her mad! Anything in progress to recover a lost timeshift?

redbrownie
17-10-13, 12:54
I posted a thread in the forum for this issue but haven't had a reply so thought I would try here :)

I'm having a really frustrating issue with PTS. I have a VU+ Duo using Vix v3.0 (build 742).

I have enabled PTS by setting timeshift to automatically start after 2 seconds. When I press the <Rewind> button it works fine but then when I press <Play> it jumps back to live TV rather than playing from the point that I have rewound to.

I have only recently updated the VIX image after a seperate issue and reflash. It used to work completely fine for me.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Is anyone able to explain or help with this?

Thanks

Rob van der Does
18-10-13, 07:06
I posted a thread in the forum for this issue but haven't had a reply so thought I would try here :)
This is not a good idea; the question was on the correct spot and no answer usually means that nobody has an answer.
Anyway: don't double post and certainly don't post issues in a general thread. In the end this will only lead to this thread needing to be closed :confused:

redbrownie
18-10-13, 17:47
This is not a good idea; the question was on the correct spot and no answer usually means that nobody has an answer.
Anyway: don't double post and certainly don't post issues in a general thread. In the end this will only lead to this thread needing to be closed :confused:

So my question about Permanent Timeshift doesn't belong in the Permanent Timeshift sticky thread (which i'd originally over-looked)?

I find your post a bit pedantic to be honest, a simple, 'sorry mate, can't help...' would have sufficed.

Any way I can roll-back to a previous version of Vix?

Cheers.

Rob van der Does
18-10-13, 22:04
I find your post a bit pedantic to be honest, a simple, 'sorry mate, can't help...' would have sufficed.
My pleasure, you're welcome :rolleyes:

Stanman
19-10-13, 10:57
English is not Robs first language so post msystem appear pedantic but that is not his intention st least imho.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Tkr001
20-10-13, 04:58
Redbrownie, I see you are new around here but if you had read a few threads you would see Rob is one of the most helpful people on this forum. Your criticism of him is unwarranted IMHO.....

sebhki
03-12-13, 23:22
quick follow up : my usb stick had died. chaning it : permanent timeshift works perfect (still using same image)