PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Single EPG feature vanished?

Rahat786786
26-04-13, 13:05
Hi, previously when I press left or right the single epg used to come up and I understand that the new multi epg is the default now but I reverted back to the single epg. The only issue is that before, when I pressed left or right and the single epg showed up I could input a channel number and the epg would show me the channel listings for that channel without changing the channel but this doesn't work no more.

For example, I could be on BBC 1 and press left or right and the epg shows up I could then press 501 and it would show me the epg for 501 whilst still on BBC but this no longer works, it doesn't allow the input of numbers anymore.

Any possible fixes?

joetwizzy
26-04-13, 16:18
you can change this in the settings but as I'm not near my box I couldn't tell you exactly where. Someone will be able to tho, I stumbled upon it a few weeks ago.

andyblac
27-04-13, 00:41
Hi, previously when I press left or right the single epg used to come up and I understand that the new multi epg is the default now but I reverted back to the single epg. The only issue is that before, when I pressed left or right and the single epg showed up I could input a channel number and the epg would show me the channel listings for that channel without changing the channel but this doesn't work no more.

For example, I could be on BBC 1 and press left or right and the epg shows up I could then press 501 and it would show me the epg for 501 whilst still on BBC but this no longer works, it doesn't allow the input of numbers anymore.

Any possible fixes?

press LEFT or RIGHT to open epg, press menu, change the type from Multi to 'Single' press green to save, your done.

Rahat786786
27-04-13, 17:57
I already have it set to single epg. Im tryin to point out that before with single epg i could input a channel number and it would show the details of that channel without changing the channel i am currently on but this doesnt work anymore.

andyblac
28-04-13, 01:42
it should work fine, please try again in build 654.

abu baniaz
28-04-13, 02:35
I never used this feature before, so glad I read this thread. I look forward to 654.

Will the "jump to epg of channel number" also be available in multi epg view whether viewed by right button or epg button?

Rahat786786
28-04-13, 12:41
Eagerly awaiting the new build as this feature was great. It never worked with multi-epg which is why i always revert to single epg.

andyblac
28-04-13, 12:42
I never used this feature before, so glad I read this thread. I look forward to 654.

Will the "jump to epg of channel number" also be available in multi epg view whether viewed by right button or epg button?

no, as in multi number buttons are used to jump arround the epg, just like FullGraphical Epg.

abu baniaz
28-04-13, 12:44
On build 654 on TM Twin. When in single epg mode, the feature mentioned by rahat786786 works with one major flaw. You cannot enter the number "0".

Also noticed that their is a typo, fullscreen is typed as fulscreen.

Larry-G
28-04-13, 13:02
On build 654 on TM Twin. When in single epg mode, the feature mentioned by rahat786786 works with one major flaw. You cannot enter the number "0".

Also noticed that their is a typo, fullscreen is typed as fulscreen.

just thinking out loud here but make sure panic mode is turned off then try again. ( may help, may not but worth a try ).

abu baniaz
28-04-13, 13:19
just thinking out loud here but make sure panic mode is turned off then try again. ( may help, may not but worth a try ).

Just tried that, no joy. You get the "not permitted" legend with or without panic button being disabled.

andyblac
28-04-13, 14:36
as far i know e2 does not support sky like '0' zapping.

pooface
28-04-13, 15:45
as far i know e2 does not support sky like '0' zapping.

And just to know what I'm missing, what does 0 zapping do? :confused:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Rahat786786
28-04-13, 16:40
0 used to work before. I could be on BBC and press RIGHT to open single epg and browse to 501 with no issues.

abu baniaz
28-04-13, 16:49
So how does one enter 401 or any other channel with a 0

andyblac
28-04-13, 21:02
And just to know what I'm missing, what does 0 zapping do? :confused:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

on Sky TV 0101 is Radio 1 101 is BBC 1

andyblac
28-04-13, 21:04
So how does one enter 401 or any other channel with a 0

sorry, now i get you, i will look.

edit:

tweaked 401 etc should now in next build (656 online tomorrow)

Rahat786786
30-04-13, 19:39
Thanks andy, it is working perfectly now!

abu baniaz
07-05-13, 20:02
no, as in multi number buttons are used to jump arround the epg, just like FullGraphical Epg.

Just thinking out aloud here......

In single epg we can type the channel number and check epg. Fine. In multi epg and full blown epg we cannot do so. This is because the numbers are used to navigate around. Why? Most receivers have arrow buttons so you can navigate around, go left right etc. Do we need to the keys to do the same as the arrows?

Proposal:- make the numbers function the same in single as well as multi epg.

Benefits.
You can quickly check a channel epg. You will not lose the facility to navigate around, just use the arrow buttons. Other features like jumping around bouquets still available by < and > buttons around 0.

Cons.
It is different.

What do you think?

Clabs
07-05-13, 20:20

In single epg we can type the channel number and check epg. Fine. In multi epg and full blown epg we cannot do so. This is because the numbers are used to navigate around. Why? Most receivers have arrow buttons so you can navigate around, go left right etc. Do we need to the keys to do the same as the arrows?

Benefits.
You can quickly check a channel epg. You will not lose the facility to navigate around, just use the arrow buttons. Other features like jumping around bouquets still available by < and > buttons around 0.

Cons.
It is different.

What do you think?

Seems to make a lot of sense to me.

andyblac
07-05-13, 21:05

Benefits.

Cons.
It is different.

What do you think?

not quite, numbers are used to JUMP arround epg ie: jump page left (4) right (6) ,up (2) down (8), reduce (1) enlarge (3) time frame etc, etc, sorry but this will never change.

andy.

abu baniaz
07-05-13, 21:11
Many thanks for cosidering.

Rahat786786
11-05-13, 20:14
Noticed a glitch. Whenever I press left or right and type a channel number, if I then press browse other channels by pressing right it goes all the way to the end of the bouquet and back again to the initial channel. For example, I think the sports bouquet is from 401-445, so if I press right and then go to 401 I can view 401 all the way to 445 but then cannot go further as it reverts back to 401.

andyblac
13-05-13, 20:39
Noticed a glitch. Whenever I press left or right and type a channel number, if I then press browse other channels by pressing right it goes all the way to the end of the bouquet and back again to the initial channel. For example, I think the sports bouquet is from 401-445, so if I press right and then go to 401 I can view 401 all the way to 445 but then cannot go further as it reverts back to 401.

correct, you will need to change bouquets to view others outside sports, press 'TV' button.

Rahat786786
14-05-13, 12:16
I think it is a marker issue because I use the full sky bouquet.